ADVERTISEMENT

I owe Gelon an apology!

stotie1478

Benchwarmer
Feb 13, 2006
Fort Branch, IN
Mr. Gelon,

I owe you an apology. 10 seconds after I read of your commitment my response was, "wow!" I followed that remark up with, "can he play defense at this level?" Grant, you are living a dream that I had growing up and I apologize for not being behind your commitment originally.

Growing up in Indiana (Evansville for me), watching IU games with my Grandfather, eating/sleeping/dreaming about having the privilege to wear the candy stripes in warm ups and chills ran through my body as I ran out of the tunnel. Singing The fight song in my head as I ran around warming up, taking a split second to look around knowing that I was in front of 17k people that have a basketball "mind" and will appreciate my blood sweat and tears regardless of my athletic ability. Because you see IU always had "Indiana kids" on the team that weren't the fastest, couldn't jump the highest, but would do all the little things it takes to win.

You get the chance I never had and I think my jealousy blinded me from the fact that you are what has made me follow Indiana basketball for 25 years. Congratulations my friend. Regardless of how this turns out I have no doubts that you will wear those candy stripes with honor, pride and represent all that the Hoosier faithful could ever want and then some!

I challenge you to take this opportunity, whatever that ends up being, and choking the crap out of it to get everything from it. Take your hard hat mentality to the team and let it spread. I am behind you 100% sir and am proud to call you a Hoosier.

Enjoy your high school season and I look forward to watching you progress. Do not forget where you came from and what it took to be offered a scholarship at Indiana. It is that hard work that if the entire team adapts, who knows what kind of banner could be hung in Assembly Hall.

Once again congratulations from a very jealous 33 year old Indiana boy!

Good luck!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News