ADVERTISEMENT

"I may be oblivious, but I am determined."

Rockfish1

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2001
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin announced that he has inflicted on his children the freedumb from vaccines. Here's what motivated him to extoll his own bad parenting:

Bevin's comments followed reports this week of a chickenpox outbreak at a Kentucky Catholic school.
So, Bevin doubled down on anti-vaxxer bullshit because it's causing outbreaks of what ought to be an extinct illness. He points to the actual parade of horribles marching right past him and says, "See, this reminds me why I have to say something stupid."

What do you do with someone like this? Let them stay in Kentucky, I guess.

Reactions: MrBing
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin announced that he has inflicted on his children the freedumb from vaccines. Here's what motivated him to extoll his own bad parenting:

Bevin's comments followed reports this week of a chickenpox outbreak at a Kentucky Catholic school.
So, Bevin doubled down on anti-vaxxer bullshit because it's causing outbreaks of what ought to be an extinct illness. He points to the actual parade of horribles marching right past him and says, "See, this reminds me why I have to say something stupid."

What do you do with someone like this? Let them stay in Kentucky, I guess.
I remember getting purposefully infected when I was a kid at a pox party (a decade before they had a vaccine). It occurs to me who the real victims of vaccines are: those poor kindergarten teachers who don't get an unofficial two-week vacation anymore.

I remember getting purposefully infected when I was a kid at a pox party (a decade before they had a vaccine). It occurs to me who the real victims of vaccines are: those poor kindergarten teachers who don't get an unofficial two-week vacation anymore.
Yeah, when I got 'em back in the stone age, my physician mother put me in my younger brothers' beds on successive nights.

Yeah, when I got 'em back in the stone age, my physician mother put me in my younger brothers' beds on successive nights.
Might have been me too, but:

"We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.” -- Thomas Jefferson​

Reactions: Ohio Guy

"We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors.” -- Thomas Jefferson​
Of course. I hoped it would go without saying that I agree anti-vaxxers are backwards yokels who unethically endanger their own children and others because of their stupidity.

Reactions: Rockfish1

Hey, I rode in the back of pickup trucks and rode my bicycle without a helmet and drank water straight from the well.

Of course. I hoped it would go without saying that I agree anti-vaxxers are backwards yokels who unethically endanger their own children and others because of their stupidity.
Backwards yokels wouldn't be how I'd characterize a lot of them (although Bevins probably qualifies). Most seem to be Birkenstock wearing, granola munching, old hippie wannabe types with masters degrees in the liberal arts who home school their environmentally sensitive progeny.

Backwards yokels wouldn't be how I'd characterize a lot of them (although Bevins probably qualifies). Most seem to be Birkenstock wearing, granola munching, old hippie wannabe types with masters degrees in the liberal arts who home school their environmentally sensitive progeny.
In my experience, "yokel" is probably the wrong word, but I also don't see a lot of masters degrees. I do see a correlation with avoiding fluoridated water and worrying about chemtrails, though.

Also my experience.

Right. Boulder Colorado is a hotbed if antivaxers, one of the most highly educated communities in the US. i mentioned a few weeks ago my doc gave me a DPT vaccination, usually for kids under 7, because diphtheria and pertussis are making a comeback, and that shit is really bad news for my age group.

I don't know of any anti-vaxers among my black friends and family but do know some white friends and family that are. Your description is a good one plus some of them are young college educated progressive vegan types also. Smart people can be stupid too. :D

It's impossible to be anti-vaxer and be in the military. We get vaccinated for everything.

I don't know of any anti-vaxers among my black friends and family but do know some white friends and family that are. Your description is a good one plus some of them are young college educated progressive vegan types also. Smart people can be stupid too.
I had a sister in law that didn't fit the stereotype I outlined, but she was barking mad. My brother had to get his kids vaccinated on the sly.

I don't know of any anti-vaxers among my black friends and family but do know some white friends and family that are. Your description is a good one plus some of them are young college educated progressive vegan types also. Smart people can be stupid too.
I had a sister in law that didn't fit the stereotype I outlined, but she was barking mad. My brother had to get his kids vaccinated on the sly.
Jenny McCarthy did a lot of harm to the country on this. Because she’s a B list celebrity,she got coverage for her anti vax stand. She has a son with autism that she blamed on that.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
In my experience, "yokel" is probably the wrong word, but I also don't see a lot of masters degrees. I do see a correlation with avoiding fluoridated water and worrying about chemtrails, though.

Eh, my experience based on social media posts which flow through my inbox is that it’s millennial morons who also tout the healing properties of essentials oils and avocado toast.

Granted I don’t have a lot of Kentucky yokels in my sphere, but I really do think it’s more of an urban hipster thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT