ADVERTISEMENT

I like Galloway but his inability or unwillingness to shoot the damn ball

kills the offense
His game in high school was basically layups: bully your way to the bucket, cut to the bucket, somewhat penetrate to the bucket. That doesn't translate so well to the Big Ten when you are 6'3 or so and aren't really quick. Offensively, his game just doesn't translate to college right now. He isn't a consistent shooter, as his numbers tell.

His game in high school was basically layups: bully your way to the bucket, cut to the bucket, somewhat penetrate to the bucket. That doesn't translate so well to the Big Ten when you are 6'3 or so and aren't really quick. Offensively, his game just doesn't translate to college right now. He isn't a consistent shooter, as his numbers tell.
Never saw him play HS, Only guy AM recruited i saw play a HS game was the guy from South Bend and was like WTH?

Galloway looked like he was on speed every time he touched the ball last night. I kept saying, "slow down." He looked like he had never played most of last night. Apparently scared to shoot as well.

I don't understand how any D1 player lacks shooting skills. It boggles my mind how many on the team can't shoot. It's quite simple if you practice. What else are they doing during the offseason? Oh yeah, lifting and getting ripped so they can post it on the IU basketball social media sites.

• Haha
Reactions: Remain
kills the offense

The Galloway love on this Board reminds me of when people were so fond of Al. Both good guys with good attitudes who play hard. That's more than can be said for for 1/2 the roster. It says a lot about the roster past & present that the Board focuses so much on their attributes and not so much on their very limited limitations.

This thread is nonsense. Tell me how many Big Ten teams don't have an upperclassman as one of their top 2 scorers?

Al and Rob are not doing enough offensively. Simple as that. That Galloway starts says a lot about the overall weak guard play that IU has.

Once again I will point out that Indiana is going to be worse next year unless IU retains TJD. Might as well make that the trigger for Archie's job as well.

This thread is nonsense. Tell me how many Big Ten teams don't have an upperclassman as one of their top 2 scorers?

Al and Rob are not doing enough offensively. Simple as that. That Galloway starts says a lot about the overall weak guard play that IU has.

Once again I will point out that Indiana is going to be worse next year unless IU retains TJD. Might as well make that the trigger for Archie's job as well.
TJD isnt even on the radar in the NBA..
100% he comes back.

Reactions: Lillyr66
Then on a team of poor shooters, he’s going to have to do everything else at an extremely high level to garner minutes. What does he do at an extremely high level?
Exactly why I prefer lander,
Leal or Geronimo

Leal or Geronimo

He doesn't need to be a shooter. See my post earlier on him but he is a four year role player that will come in and provide quality minutes. He bulks up this off season and is ready to role. He is the guy that swoops in and wins a few games off the bench.

kills the offense

At this point in his career he is more of a creator than a shooter. I would like to see him take more shots as well, but he is 3rd on our team in assists with a low TO rate. I would rotate him and Durham since AD is also more of a creator than a pure shooter. I wouldn’t have then both in the floor at the same time unless you have a shooter at the 4.

He doesn't need to be a shooter. See my post earlier on him but he is a four year role player that will come in and provide quality minutes. He bulks up this off season and is ready to role. He is the guy that swoops in and wins a few games off the bench.
Issue is he a role player on a team that needs more scorers. If he is a garbage guy on a really good team who can play 12-15’minuties a game then great but he should t be a 30 minute a night guy.

Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Leal or Geronimo

I wouldn’t prefer Lander over Galloway in any situation ever this year. I like Leal subbing for Rob or Franklin to keep shooters on the floor. And I would use Geronimo over Galloway at the 1-3 positions but I actually like Geronimo over Hunter at the 4. He just seems to have the strength and athleticism to guard that position better.

I wouldn’t prefer Lander over Galloway in any situation ever this year. I like Leal subbing for Rob or Franklin to keep shooters on the floor. And I would use Geronimo over Galloway at the 1-3 positions but I actually like Geronimo over Hunter at the 4. He just seems to have the strength and athleticism to guard that position better.

Who is your point guard? Either Lander or Rob, although both are bad, must be on the floor almost the entire game. Did you see Al's 2 bad passes that started the collapse yesterday?

Agree he is back. Unless Archie’s culture is so toxic he wants out.
yeah that's my worry. Granted he's only a soph so probably not able to go Justin Smith on us. I haven't kept up with the changing transfer rules to know if he has any other option next year without sitting out a year- which he'd never do anyways.

Never thought we'd have to worry about a kid leaving after their soph year who might get picked in the second round...if he's lucky.

Who is your point guard? Either Lander or Rob, although both are bad, must be on the floor almost the entire game. Did you see Al's 2 bad passes that started the collapse yesterday?
Yea as iffy as it may be I would have AD at point over Lander. Heck or AD just to bring it up and Galloway or Franklin facilitate from there. Rob would be my point 99% of the time. I would only have Lander in for very quick spots in the first halves of games and only in the second half if we were up or down by 15+.

Also I thought the couple games Rob didn’t start and we had Al, Franklin, and Galloway starting were some of our best starts this season. I personally prefer more shooting than that lineup, but it was a much more aggressive lineup.

At this point in his career he is more of a creator than a shooter. I would like to see him take more shots as well, but he is 3rd on our team in assists with a low TO rate. I would rotate him and Durham since AD is also more of a creator than a pure shooter. I wouldn’t have then both in the floor at the same time unless you have a shooter at the 4.

Per 40 minutes:

Leal.........3.8 assists.......2.1 TOs......4.5 rebs......33% on 3s
Galloway 3.7 assists......1.8 TOs......3.4 rebs......17% on 3s
Lander.....4.0 assists.....,2.9 TOs.....3.2 rebs......36% on 3s
Rob..........3.8 assists......1.8 TOs......3.0 rebs......35% on 3s
Al..............3.6 assists.....1.4 TOs.......4.4 rebs......34% on 3s

Nothing much here to choose from on assists & TOs. What stands out is Galloway's 17% on 3s. You can't play him against good defenses where we need an outside threat. He does shoot 61% on 2s, mostly fast breaks I assume. So if we're playing a team where we might get a fast break.....maybe PSU, Nebraska, or OOC games, he might be a good choice....maybe Iowa, they play crap D.

Yea as iffy as it may be I would have AD at point over Lander. Heck or AD just to bring it up and Galloway or Franklin facilitate from there. Rob would be my point 99% of the time. I would only have Lander in for very quick spots in the first halves of games and only in the second half if we were up or down by 15+.

Rob disqualified himself yesterday from consideration as starting point guard. Al, Galloway, and Franklin can't do it. Look at Franklin's TO #s even with a good ankle. That leaves Lander.

Rob disqualified himself yesterday from consideration as starting point guard. Al, Galloway, and Franklin can't do it. Look at Franklin's TO #s even with a good ankle. That leaves Lander.
No way in the world I play Lander. I don’t have the time to look it up but I am assuming anyone he guards is averaging 30+ points per 40 minutes. As average as the other guys are at the point, they make enough of a difference on defense to be way ahead of Lander.

No way in the world I play Lander. I don’t have the time to look it up but I am assuming anyone he guards is averaging 30+ points per 40 minutes. As average as the other guys are at the point, they make enough of a difference on defense to be way ahead of Lander.

I would have agreed with you 3 weeks ago. Now, he's getting better every time he plays.

Reactions: UncleMark
TJD isnt even on the radar in the NBA..
100% he comes back.
The guy Dakich was talking to during the game last night had two G-league players in his top 5 NBA draft choices. TJD might decide that playing in the G-league next year is his best shot to improve and be ready for the NBA.

Should he be on the roster? He is Zack McRoberts. I bet after this season the roster will look very different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT