ADVERTISEMENT

I hope the Colts take a flier on Rourke!

I'm watching the Titans. The guy they basically cut 4 weeks ago (trade , 7th rounder) Malik Willis looking like an all-star, while their guy Will Levis makes his usual pick six. In Levis defense, the Titans do not appear to have an NFL caliber line. RT just says 'ole on most plays.

I’m amazed by the number of bad QB’s in the NFL.
Richardson and Williams are not quality NFL quarterbacks.
Everybody's looking for the next Patrick Mahomes. That's why these guys are drafted so high. The Colts coach is supposed to be a QB whisperer. It's still early but at this level people are very impatient. Just give it to Taylor. He's Richardson's best friend.

Last edited:
I don't know hardly anything about how the NFL drafts QBs. But Rourke has the size a 6'5", he is clearly a good pro style college QB, and he can handle a complex NFL offense.

Would be a great story for Cig at IU -- take a kid from Ohio U. and after a year here significantly increase his NFL prospects/contract opportunities.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
I don't know hardly anything about how the NFL drafts QBs. But Rourke has the size a 6'5", he is clearly a good pro style college QB, and he can handle a complex NFL offense.

Would be a great story for Cig at IU -- take a kid from Ohio U. and after a year here significantly increase his NFL prospects/contract opportunities.
Rourke has the following qualities: poise, good arm, accuracy, and brains.

Richardson has athletic ability that simply doesn't translate to the above. I question the Colts upper management in the decision to choose him.

Rourke has the following qualities: poise, good arm, accuracy, and brains.

Richardson has athletic ability that simply doesn't translate to the above. I question the Colts upper management in the decision to choose him.
I don't follow the Colts too closely, but I'd prefer they be good. Richardson wasn't very accurate at UF and not surprisingly that hasn't changed here. Not sure if he can fix this fundamental problem. Odd move from the Colts.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
I listened to the Colts/Bears game on the way home from Bloomington yesterday. Sounded to me like two teams playing for the first pick in the draft. If it looked as bad as it sounded, I'm truly happy I didn't watch.

BTW, love the now completed I-69! 3 house 15 minutes from the time I pulled onto the interstate in Bloomington until I pulled into my driveway in Elkhart; and that was driving lazily in the rain.

This dude the Colts have is an athlete playing QB. His accuracy sucks!!
And it might eventually cost Steichen his job. I thought early on that he was going to be a good NFL head coach, but playing a guy at QB who may never develop into NFL talent could eventually mean his job is on the line. And frankly, it's not Steichen's call since Richardson is the franchise guy they gambled on. Ballard is the idiot who can't put a team together. I feel bad for Steichen.

Reactions: IUgradman
And it might eventually cost Steichen his job. I thought early on that he was going to be a good NFL head coach, but playing a guy at QB who may never develop into NFL talent could eventually mean his job is on the line. And frankly, it's not Steichen's call since Richardson is the franchise guy they gambled on. Ballard is the idiot who can't put a team together. I feel bad for
Still way too early to come to any conclusions on Richardson . What's he played, 7 games?

And it might eventually cost Steichen his job. I thought early on that he was going to be a good NFL head coach, but playing a guy at QB who may never develop into NFL talent could eventually mean his job is on the line. And frankly, it's not Steichen's call since Richardson is the franchise guy they gambled on. Ballard is the idiot who can't put a team together. I feel bad for Steichen.
I don't know how much of it is even Ballard's call. Jim Irsay has always considered himself a personal guy, and he's had a daughter on the sideline with a headset during Reich's tenure.

I honestly think that outside of Polian, no one has ever been able to overcome the structural dysfunction that is in place there.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
Irsay was extremely fortunate to be in a position to draft generational talents in Manning and Luck. Without those two QBs, he is Dan Snyder.

Polian drafted Manning and hired Dungy. Grigson drafted Luck and then no one to protect him.
Yeah. Grigson was a disaster. He kept drafting wide receivers. How was he supposed to get the ball to them if he's on his back?

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT