ADVERTISEMENT

"I feel there's not a person in the country that can honestly guard me" TJD. 1/22/23

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
I remember when Dandy Don Meredith would say during Monday night football:. "If you can back it up it ain't braggin"

Jalen has put up a quiet 23 points in the first half while Trayce has a goose egg. Just saying,,,

I remember when Dandy Don Meredith would say during Monday night football:. "If you can back it up it ain't braggin"

Jaylen has put up a quiet 23 points in the first half while Trayce has a goose egg. Just saying,,,
Someone texted me before the game and asked me if I heard if TJD was sick.

I think the problem is he's been guarding by a guy who's 7 ft 4 in tall and it's getting support from his teammates. To tjd's defense he's kicking the ball out to the open man and not trying to force the issue.
His mobility is limited

No, I am not. You do not understand team sports. The game is not about one player, it's about the TEAM. PU stopped TJD, but lost the game anyway because several other IU players stepped up in a big game on the road. You were just taking a shot @ TJD anyway.
Definitely a team win. If IU would have tried forcing the ball inside to TJD they would have lost this game JHS, TG, MK, stepped up big time offensively & RT was big on defense. Great game plan by Coach Woodson & his staff

Reactions: bkiefer7 and T.M.P.
Definitely a team win. If IU would have tried forcing the ball inside to TJD they would have lost this game JHS, TG, MK, stepped up big time offensively & RT was big on defense. Great game plan by Coach Woodson & his staff
It’s the game plan that makes us the best version of our team. It’s well established that when we simply dump it down to TJD on the block, without other movement, we aren’t nearly as good.

Reactions: IU73 and ribbont

Jalen has put up a quiet 23 points in the first half while Trayce has a goose egg. Just saying,,,
Edey is def Jacksons kryptonite...
Any other opponent/game its literally the exact opposite, and TJD makes the overall game of bball look effortlessly for him to play.

TJD is a straight baller, much much better than romeo was. Crazy hes been here this long.

That said Edey solidified player of the year tonight.
I dont follow woke chy-nah ball anymore, but absolutely crazy Edey isnt on their draft radar. Hes so dominant in the post at this level you cant tell me at worst at the next level hes not puttin up respectable rookie stats

Edey is def Jacksons kryptonite...
Any other opponent/game its literally the exact opposite, and TJD makes the overall game of bball look effortlessly for him to play.

TJD is a straight baller, much much better than romeo was. Crazy hes been here this long.

That said Edey solidified player of the year tonight.
I dont follow woke chy-nah ball anymore, but absolutely crazy Edey isnt on their draft radar. Hes so dominant in the post at this level you cant tell me at worst at the next level hes not puttin up respectable rookie stats

7-1 asst to TO for TJD. Weak ****ing kryptonite.

Because he won't be able to guard anyone at the next level or hit a jumpshot.

Helluva college player though, just like Garza. But Garza can hit a jumpshot and is currently on his second 2 way contract with just 30 or so NBA games to show for it.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Because he won't be able to guard anyone at the next level or hit a jumpshot.

Helluva college player though, just like Garza. But Garza can hit a jumpshot and is currently on his second 2 way contract with just 30 or so NBA games to show for it.
I understand that.
But 1: nba supposedly doesnt play much defense anymore, and even IF the league starts to, there would just be an over correction leading back to traditional 5 big men being prized.
2: Find it hard to believe that because hes so good at this level, putting up 22 points a game, AND 13 rebounds, coupled with player developement at the next level, he cant at worst be a solid contributor to a team .
If Thomas Bryant can why cant Edey?

Last edited:
I understand that.
But 1: nba supposedly doesnt play much defense anymore, and even IF the league starts to, there would just be an over correction leading back to traditional 5 big men being prized.
2: Find it hard to believe that because hes so good at this level, putting up 22 points a game, AND 13 rebounds, coupled with player developement at the next level, he cant at worst be a solid contributor to a team .
Can't help you with your self admitted lack of understanding.

It's not the NBA that values big guys who clog the middle anymore.

I read the quote as saying there is not ONE person that can guard him.

double or triple him is a different story

and credit to TJD for the smart play of not forcing the issue and riding the obvious hot hand

and credit to TJD for the smart play of not forcing the issue and riding the obvious hot hand
exactly ...

Reactions: muubell
I understand that.
Tonight is a perfect example of why Edey isn’t being looked at hard by the NBA. Yes he would likely be ok offensively at that level (not dominant though), but cannot guard anyone outside of 3 feet. JHS is an NBA talent type guard who is what 18 and in his first year of college. As good as he is NBA guards are better than he is currently and we see what he does to a center who can only drop. Every NBA coach would do exactly the same as Woody has done in both games and that is put Edey in the pick and roll 90% of the plays.

Woody’s game comments praised TDJ for keeping his head in the game, telling CMW to ride the hot hand (JHS), and a big 2nd half stat line with lots of assists. It’s clear TJD “ain’t too proud to win”.

Reactions: BigMobe and dr.jb
The two big men I watched in college, who I thought could have made that statement about being unstoppable are Lew alcindor and Bill Walton. I did not get to see much of Artis Gilmore on television. Shaq is not on this list because he could be stopped at the free throw line as the Hoosiers proved in the NCAA tournament. Who am I missing?

I did not put wheels on the list because he was 42 and 8 in college and made it to one final four in his 2 years.

Probably should add Bill Russell: 20 points and 20 rebound average and two national championships. I think he could say he was unstoppable

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT