Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

Gave my kids a lecture on how thankful they should be. I realize it probably fell on deaf ears right now, but they aren’t quite old enough for impactful photos from Ukraine, Syria, etc.

I’m making it my duty to continue to try and remind them of how great they have it here and to remember those that sacrificed everything so that they are in their circumstances.

Gave my kids a lecture on how thankful they should be. I realize it probably fell on deaf ears right now, but they aren’t quite old enough for impactful photos from Ukraine, Syria, etc.

I’m making it my duty to continue to try and remind them of how great they have it here and to remember those that sacrificed everything so that they are in their circumstances.
Yeah war vets (I know Iraq etc) are getting long in the tooth and will soon be removed from first hand accounts/stories. North of 75 for Vietnam. Korea has to be mostly dead

• Sad
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Yeah war vets (I know Iraq etc) are getting long in the tooth and will soon be removed from first hand accounts/stories. North of 75 for Vietnam. Korea has to be mostly dead
Guy in my HS class was in the 'Nam and he's not 70 yet.

My mom is still alive at 93, but dad, who was in Korea, died 20 years ago. He was 21 when he went, so the ones that are left are 90 or older.

I watched a lot of Band of Brothers on AMC this weekend. It never fails to move me.

Those vets still around will tell you Memorial Day is not their day. It's for those who didn't return from the battle.

This country makes lots of mistakes. But God bless the members of our armed forces. Especially those lost and their families.

Those vets still around will tell you Memorial Day is not their day. It's for those who didn't return from the battle.

This country makes lots of mistakes. But God bless the members of our armed forces. Especially those lost and their families.

It really hits you when you stop and think for a second what you may be arguing about on a daily basis. My kids (like many) are constantly complaining about this or that and I'm thinking "hey, you don't even know how good you have it", as I think about the pictures of the Ukranian kids huddled in bomb bunkers over the past year+.

It really hits you when you stop and think for a second what you may be arguing about on a daily basis. My kids (like many) are constantly complaining about this or that and I'm thinking "hey, you don't even know how good you have it", as I think about the pictures of the Ukranian kids huddled in bomb bunkers over the past year+.
Our challenge, I think, is to not let trivial pursuits lead us to thoughtlessly risk the lives of those who stand at our guard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT