ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to the Nebraska game

With my father and my oldest son. Who else is going? We’re driving 8 hours from Wyoming to see Indiana clinch a bowl bid.
Thought about it. I'll be in a Mohs surgeon's office having him check out, and maybe remove, this multi-colored mole on my face . . . would love to be in Lincoln for the spectacle, and a chance for a win against the Huskers . . . .

I'll be there. This is my 50th straight game and first trip to Nebraska - which will be my 48th continental state visited. This will also be the 22nd state I've seen Indiana play in. My lady doesn't like the streak, and I'm not allowed to talk about it (in hopes that it goes away), but I'm pretty proud this week. To win AT NEBRASKA would be the ultimate icing on the cake.

With my father and my oldest son. Who else is going? We’re driving 8 hours from Wyoming to see Indiana clinch a bowl bid.
Have a great trip and please say hi to the city of Lincoln, where I was born. Both of my parents were Nebraska grads. The football fans there may be fanatical(no pun intended) but they are also very good people who will likely welcome you and wish you luck.

Last edited:
I'm going with my football buddy and his son.

Driving from Indy - about 10 hours.

Row 41, near the 20 yard line. He didn't give me the section number. I'm just glad we're not on the end zones.

Anybody got suggestions for parking? Eating? Sites to see? Campus sites?

Have a great trip and please say hi to the city of Lincoln, where I was born. Both of my parents were Nebraska grads. The football fans there may be fanatical(no pun intended) but they are also very good people who will likely welcome you and wish you luck.
I believe that the word fan is really just a shortened version of the word fanatical so it is not really a pun at all.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
I'll be there. This is my 50th straight game and first trip to Nebraska - which will be my 48th continental state visited. This will also be the 22nd state I've seen Indiana play in. My lady doesn't like the streak, and I'm not allowed to talk about it (in hopes that it goes away), but I'm pretty proud this week. To win AT NEBRASKA would be the ultimate icing on the cake.
You’ll enjoy Lincoln and the Husker game day experience. Very nice and knowledgeable fans, and a great but tight stadium. Every game has sold out since 1962, an amazing feat. Get a Runza.

th

You. Are. Legend.

That's awesome.

Good for you. Love it.

Been there twice, Lincoln and the Neb campus are certainly no Btown but the stadium fills up...there isn't much else to do in or around Lincoln, Neb

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Wednesday night update: The lady is feigning appendicitis. You know it's love when she says, "but you can still go." I have made completely unnecessary trips to Oklahoma and New Mexico to complete this task with two years of planning, LOL. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: 76-1
Wednesday night update: The lady is feigning appendicitis. You know it's love when she says, "but you can still go." I have made completely unnecessary trips to Oklahoma and New Mexico to complete this task with two years of planning, LOL. Decisions, decisions.

You have to keep your priorities straight... ;)

Hire a rent a nurse to come over and keep the wife under observation whilst you're gone and head on to Lincoln to support the INDIANA Football TEAM...

With your track record of being at every big win you're a walking, talking, human version of a IU Football rabbits foot...

You do have a well written iron clad prenup I hope...;)

Better hurry and get her to the hospital. So you can be on your way to Lincoln. LOL.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1

Sounds like a keeper.

Ask if you can leave a day early.

She is, but our daughter's wedding planning is in full swing and we may have to get a divorce until after its over.
She's smart . . . she'd leave you with the planning chores and the wedding costs. I know how much of a mortgage you took out to buy your daughter a Derby Dress . . . I can't imagine . . . .

She is, but our daughter's wedding planning is in full swing and we may have to get a divorce until after its over.
Oh Lord, I was in your position 4 years ago.

Seriously, at one point, I had to physically step in between my wife and the future mother-in-law and tell them both to be quiet and settle down.

I finally quit trying to inject common sense on things like the cost of anything, 'signature drinks', menu lists, etc. My go-to word was "Whatever" and just go back to bury my head in the computer.

Weddings bring out the crazy in the most sane of women. Don't fight the power.

Staying just outside of Iowa City tonight. There is a breakfast place over here called the Bluebird Diner that is pretty awesome. Might also try to find a presidential candidate. Appendicitis threat level has dropped back to orange. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 76-1
Staying just outside of Iowa City tonight. There is a breakfast place over here called the Bluebird Diner that is pretty awesome. Might also try to find a presidential candidate. Appendicitis threat level has dropped back to orange. Fingers crossed.
Do you know anything about parking for the game?

We're staying in Council Bluffs and driving to Lincoln. But I know nothing about logistics around the stadium.

We're staying in Council Bluffs and driving to Lincoln. But I know nothing about logistics around the stadium.
No. We like to wait until about our third lap around the stadium and then overpay. #SelfScouting

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC and muubell
I guess I should not pack a bag not swinging by South Florida. Have a great trip be nice and loud cheering for the Hoosiers. Hopefully they give you a lot to cheer about.

Reactions: Chriselli
No. We like to wait until about our third lap around the stadium and then overpay. #SelfScouting

This information is 5 years old but given the traditional nature of Nebraska football I doubt much has changed... There appear to be some links included so you can do your own searches (as I'm certain you already have but I'm just trying to be helpful)... Looks like the key things to know are the street and exit closures and how they'd affect your planned route... According to this there are no university surface lots that aren't already reserved... That narrows your options a bit...

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_f6c9b302-b352-5971-9f2c-2424979e0d72.html

Just to be safe, maybe we can have you meet up with Fred's motorcade and just have you go in with him...;)

Given your history of having been at every important victory over the past several years it's extremely important to me that you make it to your seat prior to kickoff...;):D

Reactions: Chriselli and DANC

There are several garages in the Haymarket area, but you’ll need to be there four or five hours before kickoff to have a chance at them, and grills usually aren’t allowed if you’re tailgating. Otherwise, we’ve found street parking about a 10 minute walk directly south of the stadium, about 3 blocks south of the US Bank building.

Reactions: Chriselli and DANC
This information is 5 years old but given the traditional nature of Nebraska football I doubt much has changed... There appear to be some links included so you can do your own searches (as I'm certain you already have but I'm just trying to be helpful)... Looks like the key things to know are the street and exit closures and how they'd affect your planned route... According to this there are no university surface lots that aren't already reserved... That narrows your options a bit...

https://journalstar.com/sports/husk...cle_f6c9b302-b352-5971-9f2c-2424979e0d72.html

Just to be safe, maybe we can have you meet up with Fred's motorcade and just have you go in with him...;)

Given your history of having been at every important victory over the past several years it's extremely important to me that you make it to your seat prior to kickoff...;):D
Evidently they have a shuttle service. Stops are right off I80. $10 round trip. I think we'll take that.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
I guess we're going to take a shuttle.

It isn't like IU where there is a large concentration of tailgating, it is spread out as hell, so it sucks.

Also pass on the Runzu schtick. It is essentially a bad hot pocket. Like the Pastie's in the UP, you eat one because you are supposed to and then decide there is no reason to ever do so again.

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT