ADVERTISEMENT

I’m excited !

Nov 5, 2022
IU is 1-0 ! I’m gonna enjoy the start and am excited to have Coach Cignetti! Go Hoosiers ! As a college player / college assistant/ and high school head coach . I know there are always things to improve , but a win is a win is a win! Life’s too short not to enjoy the ”w’s”. Love you all , Go Hoosiers Play 13!

Last edited:
IU is 1-0 ! I’m gonna enjoy the start and am excited to have Coach Cignetti! Go Hoosiers ! As a college player / college assistant/ and high school head coach . I know there are always things to improve , but a win is a win is a win! Life’s too short not to enjoy the ”w’s”. Love you all , Go Hoosiers Play 13!

As you should be. Yesterday was exciting, not sure anyone could deny that, especially if you were in the stadium.

We have a competent coach and a very talented team that’s hungry. 8 or 9 wins is doable.

The W was nice but there's an awful lot to improve upon if we expect to have a successful season....

As you should be. Yesterday was exciting, not sure anyone could deny that, especially if you were in the stadium.

We have a competent coach and a very talented team that’s hungry. 8 or 9 wins is doable.

we looked good on D most of the game. v FIU, granted.

O was good 1.5 quarters, bad the rest. No way Cig is happy w that. It will get better. Our RBs had burst. WRs had too many drops, though. O line needs to get better. QB seems fine.

I think we blow the doors off of W Car next week and the UCLA game will be very interesting.

Was the last time IU played "in" LA at the Rose Bowl?

The first game is usually sloppy as teams are working out the bugs. I expect the team to play better next game although we may find out FIU was much tougher than we thought. It takes a few games in a new season to see what a team is really like.

Too many drops. But some nice grabs too. McCulley going down was a bummer. Not a real dirty hit but by the rules was a penalty IMO. Hope they're very careful with him.

I hope the O-line stays healthy. I think the line will come around. Pass protection always seems to take games to gel. Plus as Bostad gets more 'this season' game film on the other teams I'm sure that will help. They did alright.

Sure liked that sack by Turvey. Name I hadn't thought of when wondering about our d-line depth all off-season. Indiana boy making good.

I was very happy with the team. First game against an opponent who likely will contend in Conf USA. By 3 minutes in game never felt in doubt. No complaints here. We're in good hands. A great feeling.

Last edited:

33ffox.gif

I don’t think this team is going undefeated though! I expect us to atleast be competitive in every game, which is all I ask! There will be times where the offense looks bad and defense gives up some points, but there is definitely a more positive outlook on what this team can become. I can see us being a good, middle of the pack team in the B10(fringe top 25 team) and not a bottom feeder like all the pundits are expecting!

JMF,Collins,Sharpe,Toomer & Rudolph some names that either didn’t see the field or very few snaps - just found that interesting? Not sure if Collins/Rudolph are injured? Any other returnees that we thought would play more that I am missing? May be wrong on JMF snaps?

Reactions: red hornet

I just hope people calm down on the 8-9 wins talk. I hope they are right, but this is the B1G and its only getting tougher with expansion and NIL. I'd be pleased with the 5-6-7-8 win progression and playing for 9+ wins going into his final couple of seasons. I hope he will be a year ahead of those numbers.

I think the opposite. Catch the league when Michigan has a transition, some new schools not as familiar with the B1G. Two years of a very favorable schedule.

Two years of 5-6 wins and I'll fear Cig isn't taking us to the top. It's set up to start strong, he has a lot of experienced JMU guys. Needs to be tough out of the gate and next year.

Sure, he'll have his recruiting and overall talent stronger in his third year and his culture established. But I am thinking the B!G will be even tougher. Cig seems very on top of how portal recruiting needs to work. He's at the forefront, but by then so will everybody else.

I expect us to make hay this year. If not it'll be much more of a slog, be harder to get the top players. Schedule is tough but it isn't as tough as it will be. Every year is a rebuilding year with the portal. Why will we win 8 or 9 in the future if we can't win 7 or 8 this year?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT