ADVERTISEMENT

Hugh Freeze

mk30

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2022
Safe to say we can cross him off our wishlist. Did you see that contract? At freaking Liberty? Wow!

Reactions: vesuvius13
My daughter lives in Lynchburg and went to Liberty. They are serious about athletics and have great facilities. Liberty has a huge endowment as well. I could see Freeze sticking around Liberty because 1) he’s paid very well, 2) they gave him a second chance. Despite the negative stuff Falwell Jr brought recently, it is a very good school that is growing fast. Pretty town, too.

That is something IU seems to lack; to make football capable of being a B1G competitor.
Liberty actually has a pretty big recruiting advantage as they are the only D1 school in the eastern half of the country that still carries a reputation as a conservative Christian university in many circles. That carries a lot of weight with some people, and being D1 is quite significant both competitively and financially for athletes.

My daughter lives in Lynchburg and went to Liberty. They are serious about athletics and have great facilities. Liberty has a huge endowment as well. I could see Freeze sticking around Liberty because 1) he’s paid very well, 2) they gave him a second chance. Despite the negative stuff Falwell Jr brought recently, it is a very good school that is growing fast. Pretty town, too.
It's going to be a cushy job in the new C-USA. The only top 100 teams staying in that conference are Western Kentucky and UTSA. And Liberty has 10x the endowment of WKU and 7x the endowment of UTSA. They will have similar success to what Boise achieved in the WAC.

Liberty actually has a pretty big recruiting advantage as they are the only D1 school in the eastern half of the country that still carries a reputation as a conservative Christian university in many circles. That carries a lot of weight with some people, and being D1 is quite significant both competitively and financially for athletes.
Not thought about that. It is very significant.

Reactions: bdhman
sounds like the ideal place for tom allen

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT