ADVERTISEMENT

Huge explosion heard and felt in Monroe, Brown, Johnson and Bartholomew counties today

Harry Hondo

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2015
Seems we have a bit of mystery here in south central Indiana. I was home (in Bloomington) and heard and felt the explosion around 12:50 pm and was later shocked to hear that it was heard and felt throughout a four county area.

What the hell is going on?

Seems we have a bit of mystery here in south central Indiana. I was home (in Bloomington) and heard and felt the explosion around 12:50 pm and was later shocked to hear that it was heard and felt throughout a four county area.

I was in Bedford. I always miss the fun stuff.

The amount of reaction this has gotten is rather funny. There was a strong SW wind today. Crane is SW of Bloomington. Nothing more than that. This is nearly a daily thing…y’all just don’t realize it.

The amount of reaction this has gotten is rather funny. There was a strong SW wind today. Crane is SW of Bloomington. Nothing more than that. This is nearly a daily thing…y’all just don’t realize it.
Wind?

Wind, lack of leaves, and sheer size caused what you heard today from Crane today.
I didn’t hear a thing here in Cincinnati. 😁What’s Crane? I assumed it was some little hole in southern Indians I had never heard of.

It was definitely Crane. I promise. Every blue moon something big gets to go.
I’ve lived here for several blue moons and have never experienced anything like this. I would think if this were an occurrence that occasionally happens the longtime locals would know about it.

I’ve lived here for several blue moons and have never experienced anything like this. I would think if this were an occurrence that occasionally happens the longtime locals would know about it.
Early on Facebook was full of people saying an ammunition depot at Atterbury was on fire. That was later refuted. Growing up in Columbus I heard Atterbury firing often. But I live southwest side of Bloomington now and haven't heard that sort of thing here in the 30 years I have been here. But maybe they tested something extraordinary.

Crane said they were doing demolition between 1 and 1:30. That isn't in the time frame, but if it was something secret they would not admit.

Fireball reported being seen in Mays Lick, KY at 12:45 EDT. Could the landing be 100+ miles north in Indiana and the source of our “boom”?

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
Did the wind cause my house to shake on the west side of Bloomington? While a friend in Mitchell heard/
Kind of. Wind and lack of foliage like I said. Mitchell wasn’t downwind. Just look at a map. Every place that heard it lines up perfectly in a SW to NE line.

Sorry, I was a little gassy today . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT