ADVERTISEMENT

How would our Hoosiers be doing?

jacksback

Junior
Feb 5, 2003
So if we had beaten Purdue in the bucket game let's assume we would be playing Auburn. How do you think we would be doing? Not so good, I would guess.

So if we had beaten Purdue in the bucket game let's assume we would be playing Auburn. How do you think we would be doing? Not so good, I would guess.
Come on, Jack. It's hard to imagine even a MAC team getting pummeled like this. If Auburn hadn't taken Stidham out of the game in the third quarter and otherwise taken their foot off the gas, they'd be easily at 80+ points by now. Purdue was humiliated today, and it's going to make for a very long offseason for them.

Come on, Jack. It's hard to imagine even a MAC team getting pummeled like this. If Auburn hadn't taken Stidham out of the game in the third quarter and otherwise taken their foot off the gas, they'd be easily at 80+ points by now. Purdue was humiliated today, and it's going to make for a very long offseason for them.

Yes....it's hard to reconcile this ass whipping with some of Auburn's other games......beating S. Miss 24-13 at home, losing to a mediocre TN team 30-29 at home, losing to Miss. St. 23-9 at MSU........some large % has to be assigned to Purdue, for some reason hard to understand, not showing up........I wonder if all the speculation about Brohm leaving might have poisoned the well somehow?

Reactions: vesuvius13
No guarantee we'd be in that bowl, but I gotta think we'd have at least played a better first half.

Question...Besides iowa, when did IU have a problem moving the ball against anyone all year? purdue relies on big plays and your not going to get that with auburns speed on the field. DeBords dink and dunk is a get rid of the ball quick offense. Scott has the beef to get yards as well. Problem is our defense would have given up just as many as purdue. However, we would have had a much better offensive performance and at least moved the chains for awhile. If you wish to rebut this remember purdue scored 10 against minny and 7 of those were trash.

IU has played loaded Auburn teams and Tennessee before in bowl games and never whipped this bad. In fact, we were within a few points in those losses. I’m as critical as anybody about our team, AD and coach but this game was bad PR for Purdue.
It’s horrifically embarrassing and zero effort. I was actually shocked.

They could have scored 100 if they wanted and are nkneeling down at the goal line.

IU has played loaded Auburn teams and Tennessee before in bowl games and never whipped this bad. In fact, we were within a few points in those losses. I’m as critical as anybody about our team, AD and coach but this game was bad PR for Purdue.

They could have scored 100 if they wanted and are nkneeling down at the goal line.
Wait one f*cking minute? Your not rolling back in here after your shenanigans without eating a boat load full of crow. Now get BUSY!

Damn! I was really hoping Auburn would punch it in for that last TD and hang 70 on the Pukes.

Indiana would've done what they typically do against superior teams and that's play them straight up but lose in the end. IU would've probably played Auburn fairly well, I truly believe that.

It's maddening to watch this shit show Purdue is putting on and knowing WE SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE, NOT THEM. Allen needs to get his coaching chops in gear....these two Bucket losses under his watch Suck!

Auburn 35 IU 25

both of those games were in the Peach Bowl which is a far better bowl than the Music City Bowl.

Historically, IU has played up to their competition but not had the horses to beat the big boys. I suspect IU would have lost by 14-21 today but had a lot more fans their.

Damn! I was really hoping Auburn would punch it in for that last TD and hang 70 on the Pukes.

Auburn could have easily, easily scored about 3 more TDs if they wanted to. Every guy on offense from midway through the 3 quarter on for Auburn was 2nd, 3rd and 4th string. They were still moving the ball with ease. They kneeled down 3x at the end.

Wait one f*cking minute? Your not rolling back in here after your shenanigans without eating a boat load full of crow. Now get BUSY!

I can roll up in here any way I want. It’s a free board. I overestimated Brohm. He turned in another turd.
He sucks too. Fitzgerald runs circles around any of these guys anyway.

Purdue fans will probably spin this blowout loss into being a positive thing, since it shows prospective recruits they can receive immediate playing time in numerous areas!

Indiana would've done what they typically do against superior teams and that's play them straight up but lose in the end. IU would've probably played Auburn fairly well, I truly believe that.

It's maddening to watch this shit show Purdue is putting on and knowing WE SHOULD'VE BEEN THERE, NOT THEM. Allen needs to get his coaching chops in gear....these two Bucket losses under his watch Suck!

Auburn 35 IU 25
take solace, my friend, in that the university just got on the hook with him to the tune of some $30 million

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT