ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer till foolz start admitting C-$ was right all along?

Still forgetting about the Salary Cap implications of keeping Manning? Yeah you keep forgetting this aspect of that decision to this day.

Nope, didn't forget then and didn't forget now.

The additional cap hit was around $7M. I posted the article then and can find it again for ya. Just let me know, dusto/stunned/fiess.

I believe Money is stating that, by trading the Luck pick and keeping Manning, the Colts could've upgraded the OL and picked up a QB to groom under Manning (like GB did with Fav-ruh and Rodgers), but I agree that the salary cap implications would've made that uber challenging (unless Manning agreed to play for $2 million/year, which wouldn't have happened).

Correct, and see below. I'll dig up the article.

The Colts are tied for first in their division. They just have to play better than Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Houston. The bar is set pretty low. Even at 0-3, they still would have had a chance to win the division. The OL has to improve to move beyond the division. The 5 holding calls and 2 false starts is evidence that the line is struggling. Gore was able to gain 86 yards on 14 carries and Robinson had 8 yards on 2 carries. Gore will do fine as long as he stays healthy and he isn't overused.

Who gives a flying shit??? This isn't about winning their shitty division. If that's the goal, then it's worse than anyone can possible imagine.

I'll take Luck over Peyton in that regard.

QB isn't the problem, they didn't address the "O" line issues nor the "D" side issues in the off season, imho.

Thus our issues that are systemic given how long they have been going on now, decades in fact. This is why we hate the Pats, they've done much better in providing Brady with a better overall team. Least in my thinking and looking at the two teams. For whatever reasons you care to pin it on.

Jesus Christ!!!

This isn't about Luck vs. Peyton. Please, for the love of Christ, try to keep up.

Look at the

Look at the tennis player showing his football intelligence. I really can't tell if you're this dumb or if this is just a long term troll of yours. You're the Chris Polian of the OTF right now.

9f18ed0a0a9b83ce8ebaa55006eb2ed92303db43a7dfe3ffa525dda3bada1a1d.jpg

Still orca-level fat?

Had Manning not been cut, $17M plus $10.6M is $28M. I know this is hard for your SPEA mind. The question isn't what his Cap hit would be if he were cut, the question is what was his Cap impact for the next year your stating here.

Had Manning not been cut, $17M plus $10.6M is $28M. I know this is hard for your SPEA mind. The question isn't what his Cap hit would be if he were cut, the question is what was his Cap impact for the next year your stating here.

Haven't heard the SPEA comment in a while even though I have more Kelley degrees than you (and 0 SPEA, not that there's anything wrong with that).

I am not sure why you are so retarded.... Even though 18 would have cost more than 12, the Colts could have easily replaced more costly veteran talent with the picks they would have received. Younger, cheaper, better talent.

Haven't heard the SPEA comment in a while even though I have more Kelley degrees than you (and 0 SPEA, not that there's anything wrong with that).

I am not sure why you are so retarded.... Even though 18 would have cost more than 12, the Colts could have easily replaced more costly veteran talent with the picks they would have received. Younger, cheaper, better talent.
I'm not arguing that they wouldn't have rec'd all that for #1 pick, it probably would have been a wise move. You still can't grasp Manning would have cost $28M that year.

I'm not arguing that they wouldn't have rec'd all that for #1 pick, it probably would have been a wise move. You still can't grasp Manning would have cost $28M that year.

Due, its like trying to get outside serial killer to apply logic and common sense to a discussion about the Cheatriots - it's just not happening.

LOL ........ "football intelligence" .............LOL ....

Good one.....
I'm a little surprised you don't like the concept of football as it is the closest sport to war and I know you have a historical interest in that.

Strategy, tactics, formations, to acquire or "win" land. I won't apologize for playing it in High School. I really enjoyed it. There is a lot to learn about the real life in playing competitive sports. How to compete, how to win or lose, how to be part of a team. If you have to be part of corporate America those are things that are important to know.

Do I plan my life around watching it? No, I have a hard time caring about any sports all that much anymore. Just not that important. I rather go to my oldests XC meets as anything.

Still trying to figure out if C mun really cares about this that much or if he is just going bonkers to get the board going. I guess either way he accomplished his mission

Reactions: C-$
I'm a little surprised you don't like the concept of football as it is the closest sport to war and I know you have a historical interest in that.

Strategy, tactics, formations, to acquire or "win" land. I won't apologize for playing it in High School. I really enjoyed it. There is a lot to learn about the real life in playing competitive sports. How to compete, how to win or lose, how to be part of a team. If you have to be part of corporate America those are things that are important to know.

Do I plan my life around watching it? No, I have a hard time caring about any sports all that much anymore. Just not that important. I rather go to my oldests XC meets as anything.

Still trying to figure out if C mun really cares about this that much or if he is just going bonkers to get the board going. I guess either way he accomplished his mission

I love football. I just didn't play it in high school - by choice.

I was a RB, CB, and returned kicks in 6th grade. I was one of the best players on the team. I stopped playing when it became tackle cause I didn't wanna break bones.

Looking back, I would have liked to try to play QB. I have the arm for it.

I was a RB, CB, and returned kicks in 6th grade. I was one of the best players on the team. I stopped playing when it became tackle cause I didn't wanna break bones.

It will be interesting to see how many parents are steering their kids away from football now with the concussion stuff. I thought for sure my brother would want my nephew to play football as we both played it, but I don't think he is because he is worried about him getting his brains scrambled.

I was fortunate to never get hurt badly other than bruises, some strains and pulls.

I played it in HS, too, and had a blast. But I'm also glad Little O had no desire to play the sport - too many coaches not teaching fundamentals.

The best thing that could happen to football would be to go back to a helmet like the leather helmets from the 1900 - 1940 era. The helmets today are used like a weapon, which is not the function they were originally designed for - at all.

I'm not sure why you are so impressed with Bronco Manning. Sure he put up some gaudy stats, but he stalled in the postseason like he nearly always does.

You act like SBs were a given had he stayed.

I'm not sure why you are so impressed with Bronco Manning. Sure he put up some gaudy stats, but he stalled in the postseason like he nearly always does.

You act like SBs were a given had he stayed.

Once again, and hopefully for the last time.

THIS WAS NOT ABOUT MANNING VS. LUCK.

Say it over and over until you get it...

The cap hit for trading was bigger than for keeping him, because of bonuses. C-$ wanted to keep him. He was wrong about most of this, but he's right that you are confusing your cap numbers.

Jesus Christ!!!

This isn't about Luck vs. Peyton. Please, for the love of Christ, try to keep up.

In regards to value, right now there are 30 teams who would give their left nut for Luck. The Colts were forced to trade Elway. Read this:

2. Colts trade Elway to Broncos
s_elway6_i.jpg

John Elway wrote his legend in Denver, not Baltimore.
The Deal:
When No. 1 pick John Elway refused to play in Baltimore, the Colts traded the draft rights to the Stanford quarterback to Denver in exchange for quarterback Mark Hermann, the rights to offensive tackle Chris Hinton and a first-round pick in the 1984 draft, which ended up being guard Ron Solt.

The Impact: Elway became a legend in Denver, where he won more games (148) than any quarterback in NFL history and led the Broncos to five Super Bowl appearances, winning two. He finished his 16-year career ranked second in passing yardage (51,475), third in TD passes (300) and first in fourth-quarter comebacks (47).

So that was a young QB, still considered a prospect, AND two pro-bowl linemen, and it was still considered a lopsided trade for the Broncos. Forget how bad the Colts continued to be. It vaulted Denver. The Colts were 4-12 in Elway's second season. The Broncos were 13-3.

In regards to value, right now there are 30 teams who would give their left nut for Luck. The Colts were forced to trade Elway. Read this:

So that was a young QB, still considered a prospect, AND two pro-bowl linemen, and it was still considered a lopsided trade for the Broncos. Forget how bad the Colts continued to be. It vaulted Denver. The Colts were 4-12 in Elway's second season. The Broncos were 13-3.

You shut your whore mouth.

Reactions: Bloom.

I'm saying Manning would've turded it up for 3 more years in Indy, likely getting killed in the process.

Nobody wanted to see that.

If this isn't about Manning vs. Luck, then this is obvious, you keep Luck. They didn't have time to trade Manning, and passing on Luck thinking they could add more pieces and groom Derek Carr. Hindsight is awesome, and lot of piece would've had to fall their way for a starting QB to fall to them in the second round, assuming they're using first round picks for immediate needs.

Is there anything you can't do?

df352a3cefcaaf51f3eee304c734b8f34226728a119c1051a08ebd8deb2e8ee8.jpg

Reactions: Bloom. and C-$
an article describing how grueling it is for Manning to even get undressed (with help) after a game:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-manning-defies-weakening-body-best-brain-nfl

Some excerpts:

IT TAKES PEYTON Manning 15 minutes to shed his suit of armor after a game.

He begins with his cleats, which he can barely untie without assistance. A Broncos equipment staffer helps peel them off his feet while he does a radio interview, because after nearly 25 years of football dating back to high school, it's a relief to not have to bend over that far. Next come his shoulder pads, which, when yanked over his head, generate a groan that is a mixture of suffering and sweet relief. Manning's pale arms and torso are covered in fresh scrapes and old bruises, some the color of strawberries, others a shade of eggplant.

His socks come off after several violent tugs, revealing toes that are twisted and bent into obtuse angles. When he removes a thick blue DonJoy knee brace from his stiff left leg, he twice pauses to grimace and gather himself before stripping it off and handing it to a staffer for safekeeping. As he slices away at the thick layers of athletic tape supporting his ankles, he looks like a surgeon operating on his own leg without anesthesia.

When he finishes, he stands, joints creaking, loose strips of tape and blades of grass still stuck to his skin. He has just completed a comeback win over the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in Week 2, and a flood of text messages keeps pinging his phone, which has a picture of his 4-year-old twins, Marshall and Mosley, as his background. He can't resist reading a few and smirking with satisfaction. He drapes a towel over his shoulders, but the crooked pink scar on the back of his neck is still visible, evidence of the four neck surgeries he's had to repair a pinched nerve and herniated disks and to fuse his vertebrae. Because of the victory -- the 181st of his career -- Manning smiles as he limps gingerly in the direction of the showers. If this is what it feels like on a good night, only two games into his 18th year, try to imagine the bad ones.

It's hard not to wonder: How much longer can he possibly keep this up?

an article describing how grueling it is for Manning to even get undressed (with help) after a game:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-manning-defies-weakening-body-best-brain-nfl

Some excerpts:

IT TAKES PEYTON Manning 15 minutes to shed his suit of armor after a game.

He begins with his cleats, which he can barely untie without assistance. A Broncos equipment staffer helps peel them off his feet while he does a radio interview, because after nearly 25 years of football dating back to high school, it's a relief to not have to bend over that far. Next come his shoulder pads, which, when yanked over his head, generate a groan that is a mixture of suffering and sweet relief. Manning's pale arms and torso are covered in fresh scrapes and old bruises, some the color of strawberries, others a shade of eggplant.

His socks come off after several violent tugs, revealing toes that are twisted and bent into obtuse angles. When he removes a thick blue DonJoy knee brace from his stiff left leg, he twice pauses to grimace and gather himself before stripping it off and handing it to a staffer for safekeeping. As he slices away at the thick layers of athletic tape supporting his ankles, he looks like a surgeon operating on his own leg without anesthesia.

When he finishes, he stands, joints creaking, loose strips of tape and blades of grass still stuck to his skin. He has just completed a comeback win over the Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium in Week 2, and a flood of text messages keeps pinging his phone, which has a picture of his 4-year-old twins, Marshall and Mosley, as his background. He can't resist reading a few and smirking with satisfaction. He drapes a towel over his shoulders, but the crooked pink scar on the back of his neck is still visible, evidence of the four neck surgeries he's had to repair a pinched nerve and herniated disks and to fuse his vertebrae. Because of the victory -- the 181st of his career -- Manning smiles as he limps gingerly in the direction of the showers. If this is what it feels like on a good night, only two games into his 18th year, try to imagine the bad ones.

It's hard not to wonder: How much longer can he possibly keep this up?

What I'm wondering is how long you can keep this up, freak.

they have a good amount of talent. They should win at least 10 games but they suck balls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT