ADVERTISEMENT

How many offers have been extended for 2018?

Bippy

Junior
Jan 20, 2002
Seems like a little bit of deja vu all over again.
I hope I'm mistaken

Two from Rivals top 10. The amount of offers these guys get is unreal. It is linked under recruiting if you want to look up the entire list.

Romeo Langford Guard
Darius Garland Guard

Yes I was thinking the same thing. Seems every other day I wake to see we've offered another player. Probably offered 4-5 in the 2018 class but I may be thinking of some other classes and confusing them with the 2018 class?

You do realize that there will be a minimum of 4 scholarships available for 2018. That means that CAM has to offer several in hope os filling those spots.
Man, it just doesn't take very long for people on this board to complain.
I think it more accurate to say it doesn't take long for someone to start with the accusations (I think the psychiatrists would use the terms "projection and internalization").
It was a simple question and then followed by the observation that generated the speculation, my friend.

I think it more accurate to say it doesn't take long for someone to start with the accusations (I think the psychiatrists would use the terms "projection and internalization").
It was a simple question and then followed by the observation that generated the speculation, my friend.
What exactly was your question? I sure don't see one in your OP. It appears you were the one subtly accusing.

You do realize that there will be a minimum of 4 scholarships available for 2018. That means that CAM has to offer several in hope os filling those spots.
Man, it just doesn't take very long for people on this board to complain.

eh -- can't blame the townsfolk for being a little gun shy at this point.

my guess is that CAM will offer more than he'd usually offer until he get this thing rolling.

Reactions: Mr.Hoop
With the coaching change, we have some catching up to do. I think some of the offers to 5-star kids are probably just making a statement that IU is going to compete. We are very late with these kids and not likely to get many but the offers do show we are trying.

We also will have quite a few openings after our next season. So offers will be a bit heavier. Finally, I think you have to get enough offers in the pipeline to get kids to make decisions. At some point, these kids will see that multiple offers are out for a certain number of spots and they will need to decide to take the offer or wait for something else risking the loss of the offer.

What exactly was your question? I sure don't see one in your OP. It appears you were the one subtly accusing.

So you missed the part about "How many offers have been extended for 2018?".
My apologies, I can see how easy it must have been to not notice that when you clicked on the thread.

Reactions: IUFAN80
If the Rivals database is to be believed, we've offered 13 guys for 2018 (one of whom has committed to Wisconsin).

If the Rivals database is to be believed, we've offered 13 guys for 2018 (one of whom has committed to Wisconsin).

Oh he committed? Yeah, we really didn't want him. It was just confusion on his part...

Reactions: Bippy
CAM has said he will bring in 4-5 in that class, which makes sense considering the scholorships available. That said, especially coming in late, you have to offer more than you plan on signing. The old saying of putting all your eggs in one basket..... If he can manage to land Romeo, a top PG, and a decent big or two, I will be ecstatic. That'd be a title contending team (especially if let players come back)......but that is probably just a dream.....

Oh he committed? Yeah, we really didn't want him. It was just confusion on his part...

Are you stating that as fact or are you weirdly and smugly defending the ghost of our recently fired coach?

Seems like a little bit of deja vu all over again.
I hope I'm mistaken
It's like the way some of you guys got your prom dates -- had to make multiple offers and really crowd the signing deadline to get even a 3-star.

Only difference is that a coach has to remember the recruit's name and put up with him for a couple yesrs.

Thanks man. I didn't have nearly the patience as you to keep a tally. Good work.

It's like the way some of you guys got your prom dates -- had to make multiple offers and really crowd the signing deadline to get even a 3-star.

Only difference is that a coach has to remember the recruit's name and put up with him for a couple yesrs.
Indeed.

It was a joke. He's making fun of the fans who always say that.

i'm aware it was a joke. i also think that joke will be made often by the 3% of folks here are still kinda miffed that Crean didn't survive. it will be sold as making fun of overly demanding fans but we'll see right through that. lol

The coach has to remember their names? Pssh, that would suck...

The Verbal Commits website lists 19 open offers. To me that is in line with 4 to 5 openings. We don't know if any of the offers have contingencies. And when you get close to reaching your maximum, you tell those still out, 'I've got one schollie left. First one to grab it gets it."
http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/indiana
Some of those are lingering Crean offers that were never removed, and some are Archie's that were added. None of the sites that track offers is absolutely up to date on Indiana, so this whole thread is a waste of thought.

Some of those are lingering Crean offers that were never removed, and some are Archie's that were added. None of the sites that track offers is absolutely up to date on Indiana, so this whole thread is a waste of thought.
Good post Snap On.

So you missed the part about "How many offers have been extended for 2018?".
My apologies, I can see how easy it must have been to not notice that when you clicked on the thread.
Sorry Bippy, the coffee must not have kicked in when I wrote that. Your question was crystal clear in the title. I did find the body of your post to be short sighted and sarcastic, but to each his own.

Any leadership position doesn't make enough money to put up with people in the world today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT