ADVERTISEMENT

How does it reflect on a CEO, if your CFO pleads guilty to 15 felonies, all related to tax evasion schemes?

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
It would seem to be a bad look for said CEO. I suppose said CEO might try to say that "he barely knew" his employee of 40 years.

Interestingly, part of the plea involves willingness to testify against other people in the organization who were party to the schemes.

Brownie points are in order, though, since stealing from the IRS is not as bad as fleecing kids with cancer, and their families.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
What has me scratching my head is the claim that while Weisselberg will testify against the Trump Organization, he won't testify against any of the Trumps personally. I'm sure there's some nuancey legal hair splitting going on, but with a closely help private company like this, the Trumps are the company. I suppose it has something to do with the company being charged and not the people, but to me it's still a distinction without much of a difference. Maybe one of the shysters can weigh in and help me understand.

Reactions: Bill4411
What has me scratching my head is the claim that while Weisselberg will testify against the Trump Organization, he won't testify against any of the Trumps personally. I'm sure there's some nuancey legal hair splitting going on, but with a closely help private company like this, the Trumps are the company. I suppose it has something to do with the company being charged and not the people, but to me it's still a distinction without much of a difference. Maybe one of the shysters can weigh in and help me understand.

Maybe it means Trump can have the company claim bankruptcy while he walks away. I think it does offer Trump some options to escape punishment.

Maybe it means Trump can have the company claim bankruptcy while he walks away. I think it does offer Trump some options to escape punishment.

It's a criminal case, but only the company is charged. Which is weird to me in and of itself. It's not like you can put the company in jail, and the family isn't charged so they can't be jailed either. I suppose it's like you say, they can fine the company into oblivion, but the people who ran the company won't be on the hook themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT