ADVERTISEMENT

How does Ballo compare to Cockburn?

really haven't seen him play much.
Kofi was more polished on the offensive end. Ballo is the better defender He's fairly quick and light footed for his size though not exactly explosive.. Not a slow footed plodder ..

I doubt he'll have his number called much. Defend, get boards, run the floor, set screens ... that's the perfect role for him.

Reactions: kkott and nichlee
They want the 5 to be able to play and defend on the perimeter. He is entering his 5th year in college, it’s not that he isn’t good. It’s that he doesn’t fit the style of play in the NBA
Thought I heard 6th year. I’ll be damn glad when the Covid year stuff is done.

Kofi was more polished on the offensive end. Ballo is the better defender He's fairly quick and light footed for his size though not exactly explosive.. Not a slow footed plodder ..

I doubt he'll have his number called much. Defend, get boards, run the floor, set screens ... that's the perfect role for him.
Dumb.

Just kidding. Sometimes you’re actually insightful.

Ballo has better feet, but not as strong of an upper frame to post and turn as Kofi. I think he has some unrealized potential for the screen and lob game. Since he has better feet, he appears to be a better helper at the rim without fouling.

I wondered why he did not turn pro. Needs another year of improvement? Too much NiL to turn down?
I have watched him plenty i live in arizona. He probably would not have been drafted high he is one demensional so in the pros he may not be that great. He is strickly a low post guy so in the pros he will not be taking threes or spread the court. He kills it underneath and that is his game. I dont think he has ever taken a three. He is bad at the foul line though like 49 percent.

Reactions: Jssanto
i
I don’t follow the NBA. What would that have told meI
I dont really watch it either but at the rate the nil is going i will soon be watching the nba 2.0. If guys like ballo are getting a million now three years into nil imagine what they will get in a couple years. They will soon be getting nba rookie salaries the way this is going. There will not even be any reason to go pro soon.

The games I've seen, Ballo is also really good in the pick and roll. But you're right, the offense doesn't have to run through him or to him all that much and he'll still get his 10-14 a game. My concern is balancing him with Reanu, because while I'm sure Reanu wants to play out on the floor more to help his NBA prospects, he still scores most of his points in the paint. TJD really improved his comfort level with the ball and out on the floor, and that would help Reanu a ton, but I don't think he's the ball handler or passer that TJD was. Of course TJD improved a lot in those areas in his last couple of years.

Ballo also has surprisingly good footwork and coordination around the basket. You'd think he'd be an uncoordinated hulk watching him shoot FTs but he moves really well in the halfcourt from my memory. Maybe slower up and down the floor.

It’s not important but Ballo will be one of the most powerful dunkers IU has ever had — he tries to tear the rim off. That will be fun to watch.

Is it just me, or does OB look like King Kong on that front page article? And, for you Pukie trolls, no this is not a racial post! Dude looks just huge! Let’s just hope MM keeps him away from taco bell so he doesnt turn into Marco Killingsworth!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT