ADVERTISEMENT

Hosts Ace Purple

Maryland looks to have corrected their issues from last year. Meanwhile, Mais has Ohio State in the top 10 and looking great. Could be a very rough year in Bloomington unless Todd fixes things quickly.

As a Maryland guy, I don't expect the rare win at Indiana tomorrow, honestly.

I was going to say "up there" in Bloomington. But surprisingly, to me at least, Bloomington isn't much farther north than College Park. Your state is tall!
Should be a good game. I've never quite gotten over you guys beating us in the 2018 College Cup-that was a legendary IU team and should have been our 9th star, but the Terps got hot and put together an incredible post-season run. If I remember correctly, they didn't concede a goal the entire tournament?

Should be a good game. I've never quite gotten over you guys beating us in the 2018 College Cup-that was a legendary IU team and should have been our 9th star, but the Terps got hot and put together an incredible post-season run. If I remember correctly, they didn't concede a goal the entire tournament?
I can understand that. It was definite a fluke title, to be honest. The Terps were tough in the tournament, but not even close to the best team during the season (your team was). A month earlier, when I was in Key West, the Hoosiers had beaten Maryland football on Saturday and then in the B1G soccer tournament on Sunday, haha. If the Terps had to steal one, I wish it hadn't been from our future conference friends.

I've always thought of that title as "payback" for 2010-2015, when Maryland probably had their highest quality quality teams ever but won zero titles. One year they were unbeaten and top-seeded, but blew a second half 3-1 lead vs. unseeded Providence in a weird, windy game at home (I looked this up; it was actually 2016). One year they lost a crazy 4-3 PK game in the national semis to Georgetown (actually, I think Indiana beat Georgetown in the finals a couple of days later). And one year, in the infamous (to us) handball game, they lost in the finals to Notre Dame. Then a few years later the opposite happens and they won it when they weren't the best team at all.

Anyway, good luck tonight. I'm a big fan of Indiana soccer and always follow them through the NCAA tournament. I have no doubt that they'll be back in it this year...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT