ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosiers mentioned for several prominent recruits.

It wasn't that long ago when most players we were "in the mix" for were guys with only MAC offers. Now we're in play for some of the top guys in the Midwest. Gotta hand it to CTA and staff in getting a serious look from many top tier players and signing some of them. If and when the wins come, recruiting could become a rocket ship.

It wasn't that long ago when most players we were "in the mix" for were guys with only MAC offers. Now we're in play for some of the top guys in the Midwest. Gotta hand it to CTA and staff in getting a serious look from many top tier players and signing some of them. If and when the wins come, recruiting could become a rocket ship.

But, but, BUT, IU can't recruit without a football only facility, it just isn't possible!!

Yep.

In Ike's case it appears to be between Oklahoma and INDIANA and we seem to have a legitimate shot at having him play here...

I haven't seen anything like that since Dave Schnell and Anthony Thompson.

Things are definitely looking up. Jimmies and Joes are far more important than X's and O's...

Yep.

In Ike's case it appears to be between Oklahoma and INDIANA and we seem to have a legitimate shot at having him play here...

I haven't seen anything like that since Dave Schnell and Anthony Thompson.

Things are definitely looking up. Jimmies and Joes are far more important than X's and O's...

Jimmy and Joes are indeed important......but the coach has got to be a master motivator and their play-calling has got to put their guys in positions to succeed. It’s one thing to have playmakers but if the coaches cannot instill confidence, edge and prevent them from continually shooting themselves in the foot at the worst times, it’s all for naught.

Jimmy and Joes are indeed important......but the coach has got to be a master motivator and their play-calling has got to put their guys in positions to succeed. It’s one thing to have playmakers but if the coaches cannot instill confidence, edge and prevent them from continually shooting themselves in the foot at the worst times, it’s all for naught.

All good points...

Tell you what, let's s you and I play a hypothetical Bowl game. I get 120 of Alabama's current guys and you get 120 of Kent State's current team. You can bring in Michigans staff as coaches. I'll fill out my staff with my immediate family. How do you think that's going to work out for you on the scoreboard ;)

All good points...

Tell you what, let's s you and I play a hypothetical Bowl game. I get 120 of Alabama's current guys and you get 120 of Kent State's current team. You can bring in Michigans staff as coaches. I'll fill out my staff with my immediate family. How do you think that's going to work out for you on the scoreboard ;)
Heck just for argument sake I will give them Indiana’s kids against Alabama’s kids and I still like you and your family

Reactions: vesuvius13
All good points...

Well.....first off, don’t give me Michigan’s staff. Those guys are underachievers given their talent level. Harbaugh chokes. Give me Saban and his entire staff or give me a guy with a chip on his shoulder like Pat Fitzgerald and we’ll keep it closer than expected. You and you immediate family might erase some good plays just through disorganization of the team.

tenor.gif

Well.....first off, don’t give me Michigan’s staff. Those guys are underachievers given their talent level. Harbaugh chokes. Give me Saban and his entire staff or give me a guy with a chip on his shoulder like Pat Fitzgerald and we’ll keep it closer than expected. You and you immediate family might erase some good plays just through disorganization of the team.

tenor.gif
Just keeping it close isn’t good enough for some people.

tenor.gif

Last time you attempted to wash your vehicle I presume? ;)

With Alabamas "Jimmies & Joes" I'll have to tell my wife to show some mercy and keep to spread to less than 70:D

Last edited:
Last time you attempted to wash your vehicle I presume? ;)

With Alabamas "Jimmies & Joes" I'll have to tell my wife to show some mercy and keep to spread to less than 70:D

Lol...that’s actually my graphic depiction of your family trying to run the Alabama team

I have no doubt that Jimmies and Joes are a huge part of it.

Riddle me this: did IU have the Jimmies and Joes to earn a minimum 6 wins? If folks say yes, there is something wrong with the coaching then.

Reactions: Upset Alert
Lol...that’s actually my graphic depiction of your family trying to run the Alabama team

I have no doubt that Jimmies and Joes are a huge part of it.

Riddle me this: did IU have the Jimmies and Joes to earn a minimum 6 wins? If folks say yes, there is something wrong with the coaching then.
Very subjective question? You may say they did and I may say they did not. Yes they had some strengths but they also had some defenciencys.

But, but, BUT, IU can't recruit without a football only facility, it just isn't possible!!
Put this to rest... in case you guys missed it:

Q. You've opened the south end zone, the locker room renovation is happening. Obviously recruiting and on-field development is always going to be part of it. But what else would you like to kind of see this program maybe take the next step forward, and -- off the field as you do bring in more of these classes that maybe you feel like with guys that fit what you're trying to do and then obviously from a rankings perspective seem to be kind of a step up from what Indiana has done in the recent past?

COACH ALLEN: I think it all fits together. I think when you look at -- when you have a vision for this place, what I see is being able to -- and I met with Fred Glass about these things, and he and I are on the same page, is to be able to -- now the south end zone is completed and everything kind of shifts a little bit that way towards the entrance of the stadium and a lot of the athletes that come here to have all the resources that we have now for everyone, which is awesome. “”But to really make this, the north end zone side to be really the football entrance and just that to be -- just really do a great job of making that feel special, making that feel like this is the football facility at Indiana University and to me that's a big deal. We've talked that through and we're on the same page. I see that coming -- we're about to get the new locker room finished and that will be done by the fall and a new players' lounge, which we've never had a players' lounge like that before, which is what we really, really need. And the new training room will be football only there underneath the stands and just all the stuff that will come along.It's just the way that that looks and the way it feels, and the way -- when you come into that area, this is -- it's very clearly defined as the football facility. And I think that's important. And that's kind of the vision for it moving forward to be able to get those things done here. And when guys come on campus they see that, they feel that.And I think that's important. And everyone needs to understand that football is a priority. It's obviously a priority to me. And that's what I feel in my heart that the direction that we're going. And that that helps with recruiting. And there's no question players got to make plays, coaches gotta coach. But to attract guys here, you know, the south end zone is huge. The new locker room is huge. And even this room right here, the renovation we did here, it's a completely different feel when you walk in here from what it was in the past.That all is part of it and from there you just grow into doing things that make it feel like that this place is special and football is really, really important. And that to me is what we're doing. And obviously we've got to get it done on the field. And that to me is the next step for us. Beyond the other stuff it's about getting it done on the field and winning these close games and finishing them out and being able to feel good about all the hard work that we put in. Because we work our tails off and that's not going to stop.

Put this to rest... in case you guys missed it:

Q. You've opened the south end zone, the locker room renovation is happening. Obviously recruiting and on-field development is always going to be part of it. But what else would you like to kind of see this program maybe take the next step forward, and -- off the field as you do bring in more of these classes that maybe you feel like with guys that fit what you're trying to do and then obviously from a rankings perspective seem to be kind of a step up from what Indiana has done in the recent past?

COACH ALLEN: I think it all fits together. I think when you look at -- when you have a vision for this place, what I see is being able to -- and I met with Fred Glass about these things, and he and I are on the same page, is to be able to -- now the south end zone is completed and everything kind of shifts a little bit that way towards the entrance of the stadium and a lot of the athletes that come here to have all the resources that we have now for everyone, which is awesome. “”But to really make this, the north end zone side to be really the football entrance and just that to be -- just really do a great job of making that feel special, making that feel like this is the football facility at Indiana University and to me that's a big deal. We've talked that through and we're on the same page. I see that coming -- we're about to get the new locker room finished and that will be done by the fall and a new players' lounge, which we've never had a players' lounge like that before, which is what we really, really need. And the new training room will be football only there underneath the stands and just all the stuff that will come along.It's just the way that that looks and the way it feels, and the way -- when you come into that area, this is -- it's very clearly defined as the football facility. And I think that's important. And that's kind of the vision for it moving forward to be able to get those things done here. And when guys come on campus they see that, they feel that.And I think that's important. And everyone needs to understand that football is a priority. It's obviously a priority to me. And that's what I feel in my heart that the direction that we're going. And that that helps with recruiting. And there's no question players got to make plays, coaches gotta coach. But to attract guys here, you know, the south end zone is huge. The new locker room is huge. And even this room right here, the renovation we did here, it's a completely different feel when you walk in here from what it was in the past.That all is part of it and from there you just grow into doing things that make it feel like that this place is special and football is really, really important. And that to me is what we're doing. And obviously we've got to get it done on the field. And that to me is the next step for us. Beyond the other stuff it's about getting it done on the field and winning these close games and finishing them out and being able to feel good about all the hard work that we put in. Because we work our tails off and that's not going to stop.

That is great going forward but the point is, the fact is, that TA brought in one of, if not the best class on paper in IU history without a football only facility when some said that top recruits would not come to a school without a facility of that type.

That is great going forward but the point is, the fact is, that TA brought in one of, if not the best class on paper in IU history without a football only facility when some said that top recruits would not come to a school without a facility of that type.

If you are content with Top 50 classes as a measure of success then great. I personally think we should be a consistent Top 25 class. I think he can get us there. That would put us basically close to middle of the pack in Power 5.

Mallory got our Defense ranked to about 91 I think in his best year. It wasn’t enough to win crap. Diarrhea in one hand, turds in the other....at the end of the day your hands still stink.

Reactions: romachar
No where did I say I was content actually I said that it was great going forward. The fact that TA and FG are on the same page and have a plan means that they are not becoming complacent with things as they are. If IU is not moving forward then they are probably going backwards.

If you are content with Top 50 classes as a measure of success then great. I personally think we should be a consistent Top 25 class. I think he can get us there. That would put us basically close to middle of the pack in Power 5.

Mallory got our Defense ranked to about 91 I think in his best year. It wasn’t enough to win crap. Diarrhea in one hand, turds in the other....at the end of the day your hands still stink.
Would love to go back to the "crap" years of Mallory. Six bowls in nine years.

Reactions: Bowlmania

No, Mallory had a defense in the early 90's that led the entire Big Ten! My freshman year at Ball State I can remember watching IU in my dormitory room and I think it was that defense that was so good. That was the Autumn of 1993.

It will be tough to be a consistent Top 25 class since IU has NEVER had a Top 25 class.

You must have been thinking of Doug Mallory. Bill Mallory had defenses ranked well higher than #91.

The only turd I'm seeing is your post. It's utter bullshit.

All good points...

Shssss...er, but Appalachian State...sorry, you were saying...vbg

Of course, play that game 10 ten times and 1-9 might be ASU only win...to your point...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT