ADVERTISEMENT

History of CCR

As a kid I loved CCR. I recently got in trouble with my wife because I had seen a video of Norm McDonald when he was talking about being with Bob Uecker. He was taking off on Uecker and said, "That's John Fogerty down there. He's a rock and roll singer.....you don't even know who he is". Well I started to say, "You don't know who he,she, or it is" to my wife. She was not a fan.

• Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
As a kid I loved CCR. I recently got in trouble with my wife because I had seen a video of Norm McDonald when he was talking about being with Bob Uecker. He was taking off on Uecker and said, "That's John Fogerty down there. He's a rock and roll singer.....you don't even know who he is". Well I started to say, "You don't know who he,she, or it is" to my wife. She was not a fan.
Cool story, bro....

It's sad that he never reconciled with his brother -- who died from AIDS after getting a shitty batch of blood during some surgery.

According to (ugh) Wikipedia, Fantasy Records sued his ass because “The Old Man Down The Road” sounded too much like one of his CCR songs (“Run Through The Jungle”), and Fantasy won or lost!
wait....Fantasy lost, and Fogerty sought to win attorney's fees, and won again, if I remember right

Reactions: Radio Zero
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT