E0LURubWYAQwWuV.jpg

EmjUQTQVkAQ11m4.jpg

t0w9exumeyc41.png

dedamzy-b2cca53e-5f67-49b3-82d4-4683b37ceaff.jpg

68319490.cms

4c64e2b9e60cfbad943218d98344e402.jpg

tumblr_nlfwa0AxKK1u1oafgo1_640.jpg

Last edited:
I've been working out almost every day since December.

Went from 218 to 190.

I could double my workouts, hire a personal trainer, etc.

My abs are NEVER going to look that good.

I've been working out almost every day since December.

Went from 218 to 190.

I could double my workouts, hire a personal trainer, etc.

My abs are NEVER going to look that good.

Have you tried this base training or zone 2 training? At that heart zone level, the body extracts the energy/calories from the fat deposits rather than the food when you are at an anaerobic heart zone.
There is a variance of the Zone 2 training, called the MAF training where you basically have 180-your age = the heart rate zone you need to not exceed.

You burn the fat deposits and you will have more muscle definition if that's your objective. (Its not for me as I tend to focus on cardio.)

Reactions: BHAII
I hear an athletic woman’s abs get all pronounced and cut up like that if they’ve never had a real orgasm because of all the pent up sexual energy and tension. Let her know I’m willing to help her out!
As insightful an observation that is, I suspect that observation is topped by the fact that there will be a very long queue for your service to humanity. ;)

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
Have you tried this base training or zone 2 training? At that heart zone level, the body extracts the energy/calories from the fat deposits rather than the food when you are at an anaerobic heart zone.
There is a variance of the Zone 2 training, called the MAF training where you basically have 180-your age = the heart rate zone you need to not exceed.

You burn the fat deposits and you will have more muscle definition if that's your objective. (Its not for me as I tend to focus on cardio.)
That looks like it might kill me, but I'll look into it.

Thanks!

Reactions: kkott

Thanks!

Actually, the mantra is 'go slow to go fast'. Two benefits:

1) At zone 2 your body draws its energy from your fat reserves.
2) At that speed, you can exercise (or bike in my case) forever. The professional athletes mainly train in Zone 2 like 70-80% of the time. Will ramp up only before the competition season.

Assume you have a fitness watch? Some of them you can actually set the different zones instead of the normal calculation.

I bike -- it was really difficult to ride at zone 2 at the start because its so feckin' slow. I had kids biking past me.

But if you stay committed to like at least 6 weeks, then try at full speed or max and you will realise that you can sustain that for much longer now. It's because your body has become more efficient at drawing its energy reserves, from the fat.

Reactions: kkott

Thanks!
Congrats Man! A 30 lb loss due to exercise and diet is nothing to sneeze at! I'll bet you feel so much better. If my weight starts trending up, I can feel a difference in my knees and ankles if I drop just a few lbs. Well done!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT