ADVERTISEMENT

Hidden Gem...? Maybe...

This guy does follow recruiting closely. He knows a shit ton about a lot of high school players out there. Much better than many of the casual observers who have pretend recruiting podcasts.
When IU got a verbal in April from Lebron Bond, Rico had a podcast and covered it saying that this was an absolute steal and that the kid is a “touchdown machine.”
Rico likes Cignetti and the staff.

This guy does follow recruiting closely. He knows a shit ton about a lot of high school players out there. Much better than many of the casual observers who have pretend recruiting podcasts.
When IU got a verbal in April from Lebron Bond, Rico had a podcast and covered it saying that this was an absolute steal and that the kid is a “touchdown machine.”

Not only elite speed but very dependable hands, quick feet, outstandindg vision and lots of wiggle. What's not to like or believe? If this is what gets raised organically in Del-Mar-Va I say bring it by the dump truck loads to Indiana. This is recruiting at its best to climb the B1G FB ladder.

I recall watching that when Bond committed. you or someone probably had posted it on here. Good watch.

It won't be long before we find out how good this team is and I bet it is far better than many think it will be.
Some of the Cignetti answers in these pressers are pure gold.
They asked him at the Big Ten media days about going out to play in the Rose Bowl against UCLA and the history of that venue.
He said something to the effect of “we’re going to play in an old stadium. This isn’t a field trip. This is business. We’re going out there to kick somebody’s ass. No disrespect to UCLA.”

They expected him to be in awe of the iconic venue. Love it.

I loved the approach coach Cignetti has as it is a winner's approach. Too many people think if you are confident that is a wrong approach and that has been a big part of what is wrong with IUFB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT