ADVERTISEMENT

Hicks vs Nicks

HoosierAlum07

Junior
Dec 30, 2013
If anyones watching, you cant tell me the NBA is rigged! I been saying that sht for the last 25 years! Refs have made several of their usual pathetic bad calls! Turner was mauled by Brunson and they reviewed the play! Replay clearly showed Brunson all over Turner and they reverse the call saying is was legal contact!??? While Pacers defenders breathe on Brunson and get called for a foul! NBA coddles their big market teams and screw us small markets whenever they can! So, how is this not rigged??? Anyone? Anyone???…Tim Donahee/Scott Foster/Tony Brothers/Pavetta, etc are all dirty!
I dont even know why I am watching this! I guess since theres nothing else on, but i cant stop shaking my head in disgust! such a bad product!

Pacers crapped the bed at the end and gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th. Haliburton scored 6 points and had 2-3 turnovers at the end: that isn't winning basketball. If Haliburton hits his average, Pacers win by double digits. I will say the Turner moving screen at the end should have been a non-call.

If anyones watching, you cant tell me the NBA is rigged! I been saying that sht for the last 25 years! Refs have made several of their usual pathetic bad calls! Turner was mauled by Brunson and they reviewed the play! Replay clearly showed Brunson all over Turner and they reverse the call saying is was legal contact!??? While Pacers defenders breathe on Brunson and get called for a foul! NBA coddles their big market teams and screw us small markets whenever they can! So, how is this not rigged??? Anyone? Anyone???…Tim Donahee/Scott Foster/Tony Brothers/Pavetta, etc are all dirty!
I dont even know why I am watching this! I guess since theres nothing else on, but i cant stop shaking my head in disgust! such a bad product!

Don't agree it's a bad product. That was very high level basketball and was entertaining for 48 mins. Some really bad calls (kick ball, moving screen) but Pacers also didn't execute well in last 5 mins. Josh Hart took Haliburton out of his game. Can't have you max contract player score 6 points. Pacers played their best ball with McConnell on the floor but then he sat down the stretch.

Pacers crapped the bed at the end and gave up a 10 point lead in the 4th. Haliburton scored 6 points and had 2-3 turnovers at the end: that isn't winning basketball. If Haliburton hits his average, Pacers win by double digits. I will say the Turner moving screen at the end should have been a non-call.
Hartenstein set atleast a dozen screens like that all night! It doesnt help though that Turner is a wuss! He gave up a ton of easy layups and didnt contest a danm thing defensively! Did I mention he is 0 for his last 8 on starting tips/jump balls!? They should have had Jackson and McConnell in at the end instead of Turner and Hali!

Reactions: Bucket Getter
So disgusted with those calls. Hell, for a second there I thought they were going to make sure they covered the spread, too. So ridiculous.

Last edited:
Hartenstein set atleast a dozen screens like that all night! It doesnt help though that Turner is a wuss! He gave up a ton of easy layups and didnt contest a danm thing defensively! Did I mention he is 0 for his last 8 on starting tips/jump balls!? They should have had Jackson and McConnell in at the end instead of Turner and Hali!
DiVince’s (I know his name) screens are sketchy as hell. He moves into the defender and then entangles his arms with theirs. Neither of those things are legal. Saw it multiple times.

This is what I fear the NCAA is turning into! With all the crap Learchy got away with in his tenure at Pudoo for instance! NBA product + NIL+ legal betting could/has ruin(ed) the college game. Basketball as a sport just isnt was it should/used to be!

FFS….can’t we at least spell the Knicks right? What’s next, Pasers? Figure out how to proof read.

There is no “fix”, and it ain’t “in”. Yes, the calls were horrendous. The illegal screen on turner was an awful game deciding call. Mind boggling that they blew the whistle, and after all the other times it couldv’e been called? Wow. The follow up by Haliburton on the air ball had clearly beaten the shot clock. The kick ball was questionable. Still, the fix isn’t in. Incompetence? Yes!!! Conspiracy? Nah. You guys look silly.

Ps. Haliburton was questionable for tonight to even play, so I’mguessing his poor play had much to do with that. Everyone needs to back off the Haliburton hate. Its weird.

Pps. The pacers can definitely win this series!

Reactions: Hatchets7times
There is incentive for the nba to have small market teams lose. However, Halliburton hasn't been right since the all star break. Coming off an injury last year then playing USA ball, he broke down. I can't help but wonder if TJ shouldn't be getting more of Halliburtons minutes?

FFS….can’t we at least spell the Knicks right? What’s next, Pasers? Figure out how to proof read.

There is no “fix”, and it ain’t “in”. Yes, the calls were horrendous. The illegal screen on turner was an awful game deciding call. Mind boggling that they blew the whistle, and after all the other times it couldv’e been called? Wow. The follow up by Haliburton on the air ball had clearly beaten the shot clock. The kick ball was questionable. Still, the fix isn’t in. Incompetence? Yes!!! Conspiracy? Nah. You guys look silly.

Ps. Haliburton was questionable for tonight to even play, so I’mguessing his poor play had much to do with that. Everyone needs to back off the Haliburton hate. Its weird.

How, exactly, is the kick ball “questionable”?

You must not have seen any replay or commentary regarding it.

Edit: It clearly only hit his hand. Not really that close to his foot. It stopped a likely transition basket for the Pacers.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s one of about five horrible calls in the last two minutes. They have already said the call “off the foot” was wrong. The shot clock violation was wrong and changing that call with Brunson mauling Turner was ridiculous. Twitter is all over the refs. Even the announcers talked about how bad it was.

I've been saying it for about as long. There is a reason you almost never see two small market teams in the finals.

Last night I watched my first NBA game since the Bulls Pacers series when DRose was a young star. And I only watched the last 5 minutes, and I've seen enough.

I could be wrong but it was meant to be a play on phonics.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
I've been saying it for about as long. There is a reason you almost never see two small market teams in the finals.

Last night I watched my first NBA game since the Bulls Pacers series when DRose was a young star. And I only watched the last 5 minutes, and I've seen enough.

You're missing a lot of great basketball then. Nothing better than NBA playoff ball.

Don't buy into the conspiracy stuff. The NBA financial system certainly tilts the playing field to large market teams, similar to baseball.

You're missing a lot of great basketball then. Nothing better than NBA playoff ball.

Don't buy into the conspiracy stuff. The NBA financial system certainly tilts the playing field to large market teams, similar to baseball.
not really the players tilt it that way. NBA has a salary cap similar to the NFL, star players just seem to be able to force their way to the big markets. Giannis the Joker and to some extent SGA are the only way for the small markets have a chance you have to find the diamond in the rough in the draft. Knicks and Bulls have been irrelevant for years as another example.

not really the players tilt it that way. NBA has a salary cap similar to the NFL, star players just seem to be able to force their way to the big markets. Giannis the Joker and to some extent SGA are the only way for the small markets have a chance you have to find the diamond in the rough in the draft. Knicks and Bulls have been irrelevant for years as another example.

NBA does not have a hard salary cap like the NFL.

The rich teams just pay luxury tax for busting through the cap. The Pacers will never go a dollar over the luxury cap. The teams that don't go over the luxury cap receive the luxury tax pool money back. If you go a dollar over the cap you not only start paying the tax but you also lose all the revenue share from the tax pool.

Warriors had salary of like $210m this season. The 'cap' is like $140m.

They also don't revenue share like the NFL does. The teams keep all their local revenue... Which in the NBA there is a very big difference between big and small market.... The regional TV deals are the big one. But even ticket prices add up to huge differences over 41 games +playoffs.

Lakers had $316m in revenue in 2021. Pacers $179m. Pacers are lowest revenue team in the league or always very close to it.

NBA is much closer to baseball than NFL.

NBA does not have a hard salary cap like the NFL.

The rich teams just pay luxury tax for busting through the cap. The Pacers will never go a dollar over the luxury cap. The teams that don't go over the luxury cap receive the luxury tax pool money back. If you go a dollar over the cap you not only start paying the tax but you also lose all the revenue share from the tax pool.

Warriors had salary of like $210m this season. The 'cap' is like $140m.

They also don't revenue share like the NFL does. The teams keep all their local revenue... Which in the NBA there is a very big difference between big and small market.... The regional TV deals are the big one. But even ticket prices add up to huge differences over 41 games +playoffs.

Lakers had $316m in revenue in 2021. Pacers $179m. Pacers are lowest revenue team in the league or always very close to it.

NBA is much closer to baseball than NFL.
NBA has incentive for players to stay with their current teams, baseball is totally uncapped Othani makes more himself than a third of the leagues total roster. Warriors cap problems are from retaining their own players, that just can't go out and sign a max contract player this off season. reason Klay Thompson will finish his career elsewhere. much closer to football than baseball

I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02
NBA has incentive for players to stay with their current teams, baseball is totally uncapped Othani makes more himself than a third of the leagues total roster. Warriors cap problems are from retaining their own players, that just can't go out and sign a max contract player this off season. reason Klay Thompson will finish his career elsewhere. much closer to football than baseball

Yes I know that... And there are certain teams that have no issue paying well above the cap to keep players. Pacers would never be capable of keeping 3 stars on their team long term while other major market teams can.

That's not something that occurs in the NFL with a hard cap. Also NFL completely shares their revenue which is mainly from the national TV deal. Why there is extreme parity in the NFL that you will never see in the NBA.

I’m not too into the modern NBA, but it’s fun to get pissed off about a Knicks series again.

Also watching the TWolves smartly scheme to slow down Joker + Ant looking like ‘88 Jordan is pretty cool, even though I don’t like Minny at all.

Yes I know that... And there are certain teams that have no issue paying well above the cap to keep players. Pacers would never be capable of keeping 3 stars on their team long term while other major market teams can.

That's not something that occurs in the NFL with a hard cap. Also NFL completely shares their revenue which is mainly from the national TV deal. Why there is extreme parity in the NFL that you will never see in the NBA.
yes, they could and would, the problem is ever attracting 3 stars. Haliburton and Siakam will both be on max contracts next year. Phoenix has 3 max players where are they at? they have to use exemptions and everything else to put anything around them. Do you think Balmer with the Clippers would care about going over a salary cap? Teams just can't go out spend like you suggest. Indy is simply not a desirable market for free agents

yes, they could and would, the problem is ever attracting 3 stars. Haliburton and Siakam will both be on max contracts next year. Phoenix has 3 max players where are they at? they have to use exemptions and everything else to put anything around them. Do you think Balmer with the Clippers would care about going over a salary cap? Teams just can't go out spend like you suggest. Indy is simply not a desirable market for free agents

I'm sorry you are just flat incorrect. The Pacers can go two max players. They will never do 3. Simon will not pay luxury tax, just the way it is. Not that it's ever an issue,as you said pacers are not ever attracting major free agents.

The clippers? Yeah the clippers are well into luxury tax territory and they have 3 big money players in Leonard, George and Harden.

Last edited:
What kids are learning at a young age.
Its happening, for sure...but it isn't wide spread. If anything, AAU tournaments/events are way too physical. But finding enough officials and then paying them enough to actually care about officiating, is probably a nearly impossible task.

I promise flopping isn't being taught on a large scale. As an example, I was at the Adidas event this past weekend, and I clearly heard a coach for a high level 16U team yell "get your ass up...we don't flop...you just gave up a bucket..." And I didn't even think it was an obvious flop. I watched hours of basketball, and I can't remember a single obvious flop.

The young kids are going to try to emulate some of it, but overall, its most likely being coached and officiated out of the game right now.

I'm sorry you are just flat incorrect. The Pacers can go two max players. They will never do 3. Simon will not pay luxury tax, just the way it is. Not that it's ever an issue,as you said pacers are not ever attracting major free agents.

The clippers? Yeah the clippers are well into luxury tax territory and they have 3 big money players in Leonard, George and Harden.
they tried to pay both George and Oladapo both forced their way out, how do you know what they would be willing to do? if they got lucky with a Gianans or Jokic you don't think they would go out of their way to surround them with talent? the team is worth about 4.3 billion, to imply they are cheap is ridiculous. these are the same people helping buy IU a team with absolutely nothing to gain from it

they tried to pay both George and Oladapo both forced their way out, how do you know what they would be willing to do? if they got lucky with a Gianans or Jokic you don't think they would go out of their way to surround them with talent? the team is worth about 4.3 billion, to imply they are cheap is ridiculous. these are the same people helping buy IU a team with absolutely nothing to gain from it

I know. I'll leave it at that. What the team is worth is irrelevant unless it's sold. It's cash flow negative and has been for decades. He already subsidizes it to the tune of $10m+/yr since they lose money and have ever since the Simons have owned it.

Also Herb has nothing to do with the money going to IU. That's Mel's kids that were iu grads

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT