ADVERTISEMENT

Hey, I'm just glad to be here...

Seyton

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2001
Naperville, IL
I know this format is a hard adjustment but trust me, having come back from a well deserved vacation, I think you'd all miss not being around here anymore.

I know I talked a lot about the sense of community here - the friendships and rapports so many of us had/have with each other - a few years ago that went beyond just IU and basketball in general. I know some of that feel is gone or at least faded, but it was there. It was real. A lot of you know what I'm talking about because a lot of you are still here.

I don't care for the change - for now - either, but let's try continue on and even get back to that sense of community - after all we're the ones who either decide to do it or not.

As for my vacation, it was complete shock value - nothing else. It was done with a smile the whole time and I expected it to be taken down immediately. Mike was very nice about letting me come back and I even held myself out a few weeks extra (What can I say? I'm a Bulls fan and Derrick Rose's timetables have rubbed off on me).

I apologize if it offended any of you (WMM), but those who know me know me better than that. Like I said, community and to be sure, my old friends did know better.

I would encourage you all to stay around. There are a lot of good people here who've had many a dicussion about things other than basketball - and beer - and possibly the Naperville Police Department. Let's stick with it.

Having put Mike through the ringer with my sophmoric antics, I can apprecite giving him a break. I understand the frustration (For some reason I have to keep retyping letters and spaces as I write this) but let him and others breathe a little bit. And I would also say you should stick around out of respect for what Mike has built and given us over the course of I don't even know how many years. I think he deserves our loyalty without hearing about possibly leaving or not coming around as often. I get it - but like I said, let him breathe for a couple of minutes. It'll work itself out.

That's my motivational speech for the day. Take care friends - and thanks, Mike, for letting me come back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News