ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a great story

and it reflects well on Coach Mercer.

Coming out of high school Ryan Weiss was headed to Elgin CC in 2015. He ended up at Wright State and then was drafted in 4th round by Diamondbacks in 2018. What he overcame makes you hope he makes it to the show.

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/s...-the-rock-the-raiders/LIMd1P05Drh2Vlo2rpXzdN/
Know a lot of people that know Coach Mercer. Stand up guy and an extremely good coach. I'll admit I'm more excited about this hire than I was when Lemois was brought in.

Reactions: 76-1
i thought Lemonis was a great hire and I think Mercer might be an even better hire. I like his age and past success at Wright St. He has ties to Indiana and hopefully we can keep him for a long time. We didm't spend a lot of $$ ($225k) to get him, Hopefully he is given a large budget to hire top notch assistants.

i thought Lemonis was a great hire and I think Mercer might be an even better hire. I like his age and past success at Wright St. He has ties to Indiana and hopefully we can keep him for a long time. We didm't spend a lot of $$ ($225k) to get him, Hopefully he is given a large budget to hire top notch assistants.
Agree with you. We didn't have to break the bank to get the guy we wanted. I did read an article that stated "we tripled his salary" so I'm guessing it's a lot to him. Same article inferred much more to come. I think we got the guy we wanted and paid what we had to. If he was making more we would have paid more. I too am more excited about Mercer than I was about Coach Lem. (I was a Lem fan too) I hope Mercer can deliver BIG titles and national seeds. We need more soon.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: jsglenn4 and CF77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT