ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone watched a better basketball game

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Than UCLA/Gonzaga? Even my stoker who doesn’t bother with such mundane affairs as college hoops started paying attention at about the 10 minute mark of the second half. The Zags played its usual game while UCLA was throwing up bombs from all over the court and making them—47% 3 Pointers. Lots of passing and assists and very few turnovers. Just like Coach Norman Dale said the game should be played.

Than UCLA/Gonzaga? Even my stoker who doesn’t bother with such mundane affairs as college hoops started paying attention at about the 10 minute mark of the second half. The Zags played its usual game while UCLA was throwing up bombs from all over the court and making them—47% 3 Pointers. Lots of passing and assists and very few turnovers. Just like Coach Norman Dale said the game should be played.

Yep. 2/17/91. IU at OSU. 97-95 in two OTs. Bailey, as a freshmen, scored 32 in 46 minutes and didn't commit a turnover. Jimmy Jackson scored 30, I believe. Calbert Cheaney scored 26.

Best game I've ever seen. Ended up sitting on the corner of the coffee table and drank a six-pack during the second half and the OTs.

Even though OSU won it was maybe the game where two teams were playing at their maximum levels. A game for the ages.

It was a phenomenal game. Gonzaga is a great offensive team, UCLA played their hearts out. The two biggest plays, the blocked shot and the charge, were from the Zags. It is strange to think the superior team required superior individual plays. Live, I thought there no way that block was clean.

Like most, all season I thought it would come down to Baylor vs Gonzaga. It should be a great matchup, but no way it beats the game last night.

Whenever I wonder what my favorite sport is, the NCAA tournament comes to mind. No other sport has anything close. The women's tourney has had many great games too.

It was a phenomenal game. Gonzaga is a great offensive team, UCLA played their hearts out. The two biggest plays, the blocked shot and the charge, were from the Zags. It is strange to think the superior team required superior individual plays. Live, I thought there no way that block was clean.

Like most, all season I thought it would come down to Baylor vs Gonzaga. It should be a great matchup, but no way it beats the game last night.

Whenever I wonder what my favorite sport is, the NCAA tournament comes to mind. No other sport has anything close. The women's tourney has had many great games too.
Half the blocks where there is no foul called are not clean.

That little guard on UCLA likes to flop. If I was playing them I'd send someone out there and when he went down it wouldn't be a flop. 😁

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Best game I've watched in a number of years. That was great entertainment..... something I've complained was lacking in a lot of the college game.

Zags will roll Baylor. Last night was their night to lose and they didn’t.

I don’t see the championship being particularly close.

Yep, which is why I, as someone born slow, love curling. We need a sport to teach the fast twitch people a lesson.
I'm a fan.

jennifer-jones-curler-5e3803ee70c13.jpg

UCLA shot 58% from the field and 47% from 3. They were riding a heckuva hot streak and it wasn’t enough. Baylor isn’t likely to match that.

Good luck though.
Baylor is better defensively than anyone Gonzaga has faced, and better offensively than most defensive oriented teams.

I think Gonzaga would win a best of seven 4-3. Who knows who wins one game.

Nova-UNC in 2016. But beyond that, last night would be tough to beat.

Baylor is better defensively than anyone Gonzaga has faced, and better offensively than most defensive oriented teams.

I think Gonzaga would win a best of seven 4-3. Who knows who wins one game.
Call it a hunch, gut feeling, or whatever.

I’m just pretty confident Gonzaga is winning. It’s destiny at this point.

And if I’m wrong, oh well. Lord knows I’m used to being wrong. Just ask my wife.

She has struggled against Stanford, but they are just down 1 with 5 seconds left with the ball.
And Arizona wins. Tara VanDerveer is a great coach, and an IU grad, but they almost gave this game away. All game they sucked at the end of the shot clock, and with 36 points they ran it down and did not get a shot off. Given they played horrible every time the clock went under 5, I could not believe they did it

And Arizona wins. Tara VanDerveer is a great coach, and an IU grad, but they almost gave this game away. All game they sucked at the end of the shot clock, and with 36 points they ran it down and did not get a shot off. Given they played horrible every time the clock went under 5, I could not believe they did it
Er... uhm...

53164765.jpg

I am a gambling man and I bet both Baylor +4.5 and Baylor moneyline.
I think Baylor will win too.... They can really put pressure on the ball and they have quite a few guys that can contribute offensively.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Whatever the outcome the tournament has been a real winner for the NCAA and Indianapolis. I wish they would have the same format ever year in Indy. My hunch is that the rating will be terrific tonight.

Whatever the outcome the tournament has been a real winner for the NCAA and Indianapolis. I wish they would have the same format ever year in Indy. My hunch is that the rating will be terrific tonight.
[SARCASM]I doubt it, considering they have painted such derogatory terms on the 2 courts they have used in LOS.
Everyone knows that such blatant attempts at division are killing sports in this country.
I predict the smallest in-person crowd in years at the game.[/SARCASM]

EliteEight-CourtReveal_Update.jpg

Reactions: UncleMark
People often say some schools cannot compete because it is impossible to recruit. A Baptist school in Waco just won.

I am curious how name and likeness rights will change this.

I thought about that. If they held the entire tournament in Indy at full capacity, could the hotels handle it?

I thought about that. If they held the entire tournament in Indy at full capacity, could the hotels handle it?
That is still fewer than the number attending the 500. But people would be spread out all over the county, not just downtown.

That is still fewer than the number attending the 500. But people would be spread out all over the county, not just downtown.

Would be great for Indy, but no way is the NCAA going to do such a thing going forward. It's a national tourney and should be brought to all corners of the country

Getting a Final Four every 5 years, plus the regional and 1st/2nd games that happen in off years is already a lot of consistent local cheese

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT