ADVERTISEMENT

Has ANY Media of ANY Kind Interviewed NCAA Folks

about the death blow the NIL/Portal combo is delivering to MOST college football programs?

Any plans for anti-trust-compliant NCAA rules on EITHER the portal or NIL?

Do they plan to just let the market separate the Top 12-15 and let the rest go D3?
i say again. let the big boys go. (to hell with them). and everyone else form our own conferences with our own rules.

Also Only Scholarships furnished, NIL not allowed.

As much as I'd love to see it go back that way.... It can't and never will be able to. Period.

The court's ruling stops any school from not allowing a player to get paid for their "services", regardless of what those may be...

True story... About ten years ago I met a young lady who played the violin. (Okay, maybe it was a cello and I don't know my symphony instruments all that well... I just call all of them that go under the chin, "fiddles").. Anyway, she was on scholarship to IU's Music school and when I met her she had just finished a world wide concert tour that had made her about 6 figures.... Hell, she didn't need the IU scholarship money but she was such a "catch", a true childhood prodigy, for the music department that they included the scholarship as part of their incentive for her to study at IU..... No different than an athlete but she could make tons of money while she worked.... Why? Because there's no music oriented "NCAA" to try and tell her she can't.... That's a real example of why the court's made the decision to allow athletes to get paid..... and unless it's overturned no college can tell a student they can't earn money, especially if the school is using their NIL in any form.

Actually, I'd l love to see them go back to requiring all scholarship athletes work at the student dorm cafeterias busing tables and washing dishes....

Didn't we try that already?
we did? it's all moot anyway. we're not going to give up that tv money. we'll continue to take our annual beatings and rake in the cash. btw what does iu do with all that loot? is there an accounting of it somewhere?

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Zero
As much as I'd love to see it go back that way.... It can't and never will be able to. Period.

The court's ruling stops any school from not allowing a player to get paid for their "services", regardless of what those may be...

True story... About ten years ago I met a young lady who played the violin. (Okay, maybe it was a cello and I don't know my symphony instruments all that well... I just call all of them that go under the chin, "fiddles").. Anyway, she was on scholarship to IU's Music school and when I met her she had just finished a world wide concert tour that had made her about 6 figures.... Hell, she didn't need the IU scholarship money but she was such a "catch", a true childhood prodigy, for the music department that they included the scholarship as part of their incentive for her to study at IU..... No different than an athlete but she could make tons of money while she worked.... Why? Because there's no music oriented "NCAA" to try and tell her she can't.... That's a real example of why the court's made the decision to allow athletes to get paid..... and unless it's overturned no college can tell a student they can't earn money, especially if the school is using their NIL in any form.

Actually, I'd l love to see them go back to requiring all scholarship athletes work at the student dorm cafeterias busing tables and washing dishes....
let them make all the money they can, on their own. but why do the universities have to be involved in that. let them go out and hire an agent.

let them make all the money they can, on their own. but why do the universities have to be involved in that. let them go out and hire an agent.

I'm not sure you understood... that's exactly what I've been saying!!

The problem is, as long as the kid transfers within the window he can go anywhere he wants and if he gets what he wants from the school's NIL cooperative he'll never have to hire an agent (and share the wealth) or lift a finger to get the money...

Now... just wait.. because, sooner or later.. and I think much sooner...... there will be lawsuits filed out the ass by players when the NCAA tries to stop players from playing because they didn't do it the way the NCAA wants it done... mark my word. This NIL thing is going to become a bigger mess than it even looks like it is now.

Sit back, pour yourself a stiff drink, pop some popcorn and watch this shit show come down.... I am. Don't like it, but what can ya do? ... Nuthin'.

Last edited:
Other than the big payday, why is Charlie Baker taking this job? Given all the changes, it just seems like the NCAA has lost most of its power and stature.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT