ADVERTISEMENT

Haralson

This was Woody loading up for his big prize. He's invested more personal time with Haralson than all of the others combined and I think within two weeks he commits. Jimmy Jackson 2.0 will be a Hoosier. Then probably Mullins shortly after. Take a Hail Mary at Reibe and see what's still out there in the Spring. It's not the dream class but it's a damn good one and Woody will have checked off another box.

This was Woody loading up for his big prize. He's invested more personal time with Haralson than all of the others combined and I think within two weeks he commits. Jimmy Jackson 2.0 will be a Hoosier. Then probably Mullins shortly after. Take a Hail Mary at Reibe and see what's still out there in the Spring. It's not the dream class but it's a damn good one and Woody will have checked off another box.
Haralson, Mullins, and Reibe isn't a dream class? What would have been better? That's two in-state 5* and another top 30-40 kid.

Reactions: baileyiu
I think he meant “woody” dream class.
I'm not so sure. This handle has been pumping Sisley, Mullins, and Moreno as the "must gets" over multiple IU boards the last couple months. Haralson is a massive upgrade over Sisley and while I think Moreno is probably the better player than Reibe (at least right now) Reibe will have more productive college career.

Woodson's dream class, in my opinion at least, would be:

-Ament
-Haralson
-Brown Jr
-Mullins

Go the portal route for front court help in the offseason.

I'm not so sure. This handle has been pumping Sisley, Mullins, and Moreno as the "must gets" over multiple IU boards the last couple months. Haralson is a massive upgrade over Sisley and while I think Moreno is probably the better player than Reibe (at least right now) Reibe will have more productive college career.

-Ament
-Haralson
-Brown Jr
-Mullins

I don't necessarily get the feeling that Moreno is the better player (at least his AAU stats seem pretty pedestrian for a near 5*), but probably the higher ceiling. I think that's the infatuation with Moreno: what he could be, not what he is now.

I don't necessarily get the feeling that Moreno is the better player (at least his AAU stats seem pretty pedestrian for a near 5*), but probably the higher ceiling. I think that's the infatuation with Moreno: what he could be, not what he is now.
He’s not a 5*. I agree though.

-Ament
-Haralson
-Brown Jr
-Mullins

He didn’t list the names. I just took it as the above isn’t Woodys dream class.

Moreno might stick longer term at Kentucky because its more of his home school...but I've posted this before, and I still think its probably true, or at least a real possibility. He'll either be a 1 and done, or he'll transfer after his freshman year, and be a really good center at his 2nd stop.

If he realizes his potential right away, he'll be a pretty obvious 1st round talent... I actually don't think that's likely. He's raw enough, and soft enough in some areas, that I think his first college season will produce more question marks and areas he needs to improve, than it will give NBA GM's answers that he's worth the 1st round risk.

So, if he finishes his first year with question marks, and isn't a 1st round lock...in today's world, not knowing Moreno at all...but in today's world, often times that means he's going to consider finding a school where he'll get similar NIL money, if not more, AND a more prominent/featured role...thinking that's his best path to getting drafted. Kentucky, while not Calipari's Kentucky any longer, is still going to continue to bring in lots of high end high school and portal talent. If he isn't a focal point player in his first year at Kentucky, Pope will find someone that will be. Not saying he'll boot Moreno, obviously, just that he isn't going to sit by and not recruit other impact bigs, and wait for Moreno to develop.

IU could actually be that 2nd school? Moreno isn't overly similar to Ware, other than their size and build. But Woody has shown an ability to take 2 big men that played for other programs and coaches in college, and either get them drafted, or help them develop into NBA caliber bigs. Its why we got Ballo so quickly, I'm sure. And if it plays out in any way how I predict, Moreno would logically take another look at us.

He may be a better fit for Woodson, but not for IU. He would accel as a 4yr college wing. Harrelson is likely looking for a fast track, which is not conducive to winning.

all college champions have "fast track" players on them.

you want a team of 9 guys none of whom will make a pro team after 4 years?

all college champions have "fast track" players on them.

you want a team of 9 guys none of whom will make a pro team after 4 years?
I'd be happy with Harrelson at IU, but for the direct comparison to Sisley, I think a solid 4 star pays more dividends. A perfect example- imagine Purdue lost Kaufman to the draft. Instead, they have starters and leadership back from 2 very successful teams.

I'd be happy with Harrelson at IU, but for the direct comparison to Sisley, I think a solid 4 star pays more dividends. A perfect example- imagine Purdue lost Kaufman to the draft. Instead, they have starters and leadership back from 2 very successful teams.
What works is getting the 5 star kid surrounded by program glue guys.

I've seen Sisley maybe a dozen times the past 2 years. He's a top 40 player. He plays an OG Anunoby game when playing with other skilled players. The physical transformation he'll make at Montverde in a year will have him year one ready for the school he chooses. He'd me a great compliment in a 4 out offense with Tucker or Haralson.

agreed. Sisley fits that role. He won't be one and done because at his height he will need to develop more guard skills. He'd be a really good piece for an IU team going forward.
He’s a shoe in for Painter!

I hope none of you were the 60+ year old man stalking Cook Hall Saturday morning for more than an hour with a homemade poster board for Haralson, trying to find him and get his attention. Major Hysterics vibes and just creepy and odd.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott
I am not comparing his current abilities.

I'm saying Brian Evans was certainly a slow, poor dribbling, under-sized 4. He managed to be awesome despite that.

My favorite Evans move was when he'd drive from the wing and do an acrobatic reverse lay up. And ultimately he started willing himself to be a better rebounder. Good at box outs. Great shooter obviously. Everyone remembers that off center wide base money 3 that hit that back of the rim on the way through. Mentally tough kid.

I am not comparing his current abilities.

I'm saying Brian Evans was certainly a slow, poor dribbling, under-sized 4. He managed to be awesome despite that.

My favorite Evans move was when he'd drive from the wing and do an acrobatic reverse lay up. And ultimately he started willing himself to be a better rebounder. Good at box outs. Great shooter obviously. Everyone remembers that off center wide base money 3 that hit that back of the rim on the way through. Mentally tough kid.
His mental toughness was really showed early on while getting nasty and defending the post with Nover after Henderson hurt his knee. Brian Evans was a superstar at IU in my book.

Reactions: ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT