ADVERTISEMENT

Green...

I am so tired of Green taking shots out of rhythm. When it's in the flow - when he works to get open and the ball gets passed to him... I'm good with that. But he's just terrible off the dribble.
Green is so bad. Can’t wait for senior night

I am so tired of Green taking shots out of rhythm. When it's in the flow - when he works to get open and the ball gets passed to him... I'm good with that. But he's just terrible off the dribble.
When Deron passed it out to him, I thought this 3 is going down by Green. He barely missed it. You are right about him taking shots off the dribble. It is usually a bad shot. He hit one on the baseline earlier in the 1st half, but I was surprised it went in.

When Deron passed it out to him, I thought this 3 is going down by Green. He barely missed it. You are right about him taking shots off the dribble. It is usually a bad shot. He hit one on the baseline earlier in the 1st half, but I was surprised it went in.
Devonte Greeen, even Andrea Patterson had one great game

Reactions: ufo33
He's never square..
Alway's kinda sideway's..
Idk..
Guess the day's of Steve Alford or Hulls is gone.

Throws a sloppy lob pass for a turnover, then doesn’t get back on D and his man drills a 3. Five point swing - should be down two; instead, it’s 7.

Reactions: HOOS13R
Who is going to create his own shot when Green graduates?

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Mac
I'm sure there are other candidates but Green seems to be the most enigmatic player I ever remember at IU over the course of an entire 4 years. Up and down play (mostly down). Nagging Injuries and a suspension in his junior and senior seasons to go along with a benching after the NW game. A SG who always seems to be handling the ball and running the team when he should not. Maybe some of that isn't his fault but he still looks like a Frosh out there. PG options have been slim for IU since Archie got here but DG should have been nothing more than a scoring guard his entire career. He hasn't done that (scoring)very well this year.

Reactions: MrBing and ufo33
For senior night I think they should let Devonte throw a half court one handed bounce pass to a cheerleader right before his speech.

I'm sure there are other candidates but Green seems to be the most enigmatic player I ever remember at IU over the course of an entire 4 years. Up and down play (mostly down). Nagging Injuries and a suspension in his junior and senior seasons to go along with a benching after the NW game. A SG who always seems to be handling the ball and running the team when he should not. Maybe some of that isn't his fault but he still looks like a Frosh out there. PG options have been slim for IU since Archie got here but DG should have been nothing more than a scoring guard his entire career. He hasn't done that (scoring)very well this year.

Since Archie got here? I'm not making excuses for him and I have been saying for months it was a major miss not to have gotten any backcourt help with 2 open schollies, but we had the same issue under Crean. The last time we had 2 capable PGs was 12-13 with senior Hulls and Freshman Ferrell. We definitely should've had a PG in this past class or this next 1 and instead from what I can see we have 3 wings none of whom are known as knock down shooters. I hope Archie does some work on that class and isn't done. We need a PG and solid shooter, and another post, however he goes about addressing those 3 needs.

Bracey only played 3.
I know Bracey was a high level recruit which Green is not so mabe not a fair comparison. Bracey didn't live up to expectations but he wasn't all over the place like Green is. Bracey averaged 16, 18 and 18 in his 3 years. Green hasn't sniffed that kind of production save a game here or there. Bracey was a bit inefficient but you pretty much knew what he was going to give you.

it is certainly frustrating to watch Green play with no improvement from game to game. As mentioned before by other posters, the head scratching one-handed passes that result in turnovers, ill advised shots, pounding the air out of the ball until he is forced to take a bad shot, and just an overall lack of a basketball IQ. Yes, very tough to watch.

However, I don’t really blame DG. He is who he is. He is doing the best that he can. I find it perplexing that CAM would continue to give playing time to him. And that is on CAM.

it is certainly frustrating to watch Green play with no improvement from game to game. As mentioned before by other posters, the head scratching one-handed passes that result in turnovers, ill advised shots, pounding the air out of the ball until he is forced to take a bad shot, and just an overall lack of a basketball IQ. Yes, very tough to watch.

However, I don’t really blame DG. He is who he is. He is doing the best that he can. I find it perplexing that CAM would continue to give playing time to him. And that is on CAM.

Agree with your last paragraph 100%. No use getting mad at him. Blame CAM.

Last edited:
I find it perplexing that CAM would continue to give playing time to him. And that is on CAM.
Im good with Archie benching his ass the rest of the season - and could live with we’re gonna lose some games where Devonte might have been able to provide help.

Question is: will all those who bitch about Archie ad nauseam 24/7 be ok when we lose - or will they just bitch regardless?

Who is going to create his own shot when Green graduates?
Who cares. Just because you can create your own shot, doesn't mean you have to try and do so. And his creating his own shot, normally ends is a miss, a run out and either a dunk, lay-up or made three for the other team. Dude is way to inconsistent. I'll be glad when he graduates.

"Who can create their own shot..." Sheeesh. Same old shit when it comes to discussing Green. One great game----4 bad ones.

Reactions: ufo33
Im good with Archie benching his ass the rest of the season - and could live with we’re gonna lose some games where Devonte might have been able to provide help.

Question is: will all those who bitch about Archie ad nauseam 24/7 be ok when we lose - or will they just bitch regardless?
We lose with him---I don't see the issue when we lose w/o him.

Beat Uconn w/o him: 30 minutes---6 points
Won @ Nebraska basically w/o him: 14minutes---3 points.
Beat MSU w/o him: 13 minutes---2 points

This notion that IU cannot beat teams with a pulse, w/o the services of "Good Green" is stupid.

One thing about DG......he's a garbage time AA...........he's at his best when we're 20 pts down with 2 minutes to go...........bombs away, baby........no IU player has ever scored a higher % of his points in those situations.

One thing about DG......he's a garbage time AA...........he's at his best when we're 20 pts down with 2 minutes to go...........bombs away, baby........no IU player has ever scored a higher % of his points in those situations.
The Adam Dunn of college basketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT