ADVERTISEMENT

Goodness, Thor is not pleased!

IU_Cramer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2001
It has been a crazy weather day for us in the Austin area today. Tornado warnings everywhere, confirmed tornadoes have hit east and west of our place today. There's so much rain that our backyard is completely flooded and Cramer Creek has begun to flow between our house and the neighbor's house. The spillway in our neighborhood is as full as it's ever been and the rain continues to fall. It wouldn't surprise me if some neighbors were dealing with flooding in their house before the night is over. We needed the rain to fill up the lakes and reservoirs, but I'm not sure we needed this much rain this quickly!

Disney just turned him into a woman. You would be pissed too.

Disney just turned him into a woman. You would be pissed too.
So is this Thor's version of PMS then? Because if so it really sucks. 7 reported tornado sightings in the area yesterday. One dam failure out in Bastrop, which is still recovering from the worst wildfire in Texas history four years ago; downtown flooded in the worst flooding since at least 1981. Pretty much every low water crossing was closed yesterday and many are still closed as of this morning.

The good news? The lakes and reservoirs are filling up to levels not seen in several years. Lake Travis is up 22 feet in one week and went up 10 feet in the past 24 hours on Sunday, so I have to imagine it will fill up a few more feet after everything is all said and done from yesterday's rains. And the rains are going to keep coming too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT