ADVERTISEMENT

Goode Commitment

Goode has official visit thursday and friday this week so maybe hear something friday or saturday

I hope this is truly a 'done deal'. It would seem so, as I've never seen any prospect with as many IU connections. Not only his father being an ex_QB here, but uncle Trent, his parents being basketball AND football season ticket holders, and his brother being a student )anyone know what year?). Hell, I saw somewhere where his family members financed the Sample Gates!!

I still have some concern for a few reasons. First, I don't trust Woodson not to screw it up. Sorry if that offends. Second, I don't know if LG has completely severed ties to Illinois, and they can offer more PT than us. Third, we don't know if LG will play the portal bidding game ($).

Sign him up, find a 4/5 backup, and bank that other scholarship.

Reactions: Gage Fu
I hope this is truly a 'done deal'. It would seem so, as I've never seen any prospect with as many IU connections. Not only his father being an ex_QB here, but uncle Trent, his parents being basketball AND football season ticket holders, and his brother being a student )anyone know what year?). Hell, I saw somewhere where his family members financed the Sample Gates!!

I still have some concern for a few reasons. First, I don't trust Woodson not to screw it up. Sorry if that offends. Second, I don't know if LG has completely severed ties to Illinois, and they can offer more PT than us. Third, we don't know if LG will play the portal bidding game ($).

I think his dad was an O Lineman.

Someone pointed out that there are several schools with a lot more PT available than what we have that might be attractive to Luke, but maybe the connections and desire to be at IU will be the winning edge.

Not sure why you think he hasn't severed ties with Illinois.

I think his dad was an O Lineman.

Someone pointed out that there are several schools with a lot more PT available than what we have that might be attractive to Luke, but maybe the connections and desire to be at IU will be the winning edge.

Not sure why you think he hasn't severed ties with Illinois.
Thanks on the correction about his Dad...

I don't know that he hasn't severed ties. There was some smoke about him possibly entering the portal and coming to IU a couple of weeks before he entered, saying in effect that it was a done deal. Then it was said he was staying at Illinois. Then he entered the portal. So there was at least mixed internet signals.

Thanks on the correction about his Dad...

I don't know that he hasn't severed ties. There was some smoke about him possibly entering the portal and coming to IU a couple of weeks before he entered, saying in effect that it was a done deal. Then it was said he was staying at Illinois. Then he entered the portal. So there was at least mixed internet signals.
He did a social media sayonara to Illinois this week.

Reactions: kkott and bsaus
I'm guessing his family would be thrilled if he chooses IU, and if he can shoot like he did at Illinois he will find the court. Not starting. Not getting 25 min a game. But IU is in a desperate need for shooting. If he can defend at all he's good for 15 to 20 min just because it opens the floor for everyone else.

I'm guessing his family would be thrilled if he chooses IU, and if he can shoot like he did at Illinois he will find the court. Not starting. Not getting 25 min a game. But IU is in a desperate need for shooting. If he can defend at all he's good for 15 to 20 min just because it opens the floor for everyone else.
Yep...and the backup big will be important as well.

Reactions: Gage Fu

Offends, not reasonable enough to reach that high after MM, Ware, Tucker, Miles, Kanaan and Ballo. In fact it's just silly.

He plays hard, smart, and can defend reasonably well. He plays like he knows his role and limitations. And he rebounds surprisingly well.

This to me sounds like a case of the kid realizing he’s not playing pro ball, and if he is going to come off the bench it might as well be fulfilling his childhood dream by wearing the cream and Crimson. Let’s sign him up and bring him home. A 6’7 shooter with the Big Ten experience that loves the program is exactly what we need.

Does he have one or two years remaining?

This to me sounds like a case of the kid realizing he’s not playing pro ball, and if he is going to come off the bench it might as well be fulfilling his childhood dream by wearing the cream and Crimson. Let’s sign him up and bring him home. A 6’7 shooter with the Big Ten experience that loves the program is exactly what we need.

Does he have one or two years remaining?
He’s looking at grad schools. I think that’s pretty far up there. Kelly school is rumored to be a big reason. One year.

Nothing official. I do not claim to be an "insider" or have any connections to the program. I'm also not a recruiting guru, meaning I will not ask anyone for money while tossing out vague suggestions that I may know something you don't. Also, I don't make recruiting predictions for weeks or months only to change those predictions moments before an announcement so I can claim to be 100% accurate on my insights in order to further the grift.

Go Hoosiers!

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
Nothing official. I do not claim to be an "insider" or have any connections to the program. I'm also not a recruiting guru, meaning I will not ask anyone for money while tossing out vague suggestions that I may know something you don't. Also, I don't make recruiting predictions for weeks or months only to change those predictions moments before an announcement so I can claim to be 100% accurate on my insights in order to further the grift.

Go Hoosiers!
I saw somewhere (here?) that Goode arrived Thursday night and today is really the beginning of the visit.

Reactions: kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT