ADVERTISEMENT

Good read on Leal

Nice to read good things about next yrs class and see how they are doing. Waiting for the negative nancies to start chiming in but all things look good

Nice to read good things about next yrs class and see how they are doing. Waiting for the negative nancies to start chiming in but all things look good
I've seen Leal and Galloway. Both have good size. Both appear to be good shooters. I hope this will translate to the college game. I also like their court vision. If only Luke Brown was as big as they are he would be all world. Ok, that might not be true but I was just funnin.

I've seen Leal and Galloway. Both have good size. Both appear to be good shooters. I hope this will translate to the college game. I also like their court vision. If only Luke Brown was as big as they are he would be all world. Ok, that might not be true but I was just funnin.

IU has a 5-10 player coming tomorrow as a visitor. It is about more than just Brown being short.

Why wouldn’t we offer Luke Brown? He’s probably more deserving than many guys we have brought in since 2000.

Reactions: Lucy01
Why wouldn’t we offer Luke Brown? He’s probably more deserving than many guys we have brought in since 2000.

Because his dad is afraid of competition for his son. Moved him away from big town to little town. Had him quit his AAU team in the middle of a torunament

Like I've said .If they can knock down multiple three's from TJD being doubled...
Their both end up being more than we thought.
Both being legit a 6'5 .Is a plus..
Galloway does have the strength and ball's to slash in the lane for the old fashioned and one..Know nothing about Geronimo..But he look's like an elite level athlete ..

“I could have gone into this season just trying to get mine and average all these huge numbers, but for our team to be successful it was really important for me to make sure that we’re getting the other guys involved and make sure we were playing well as a team so the ability get other guys going in turn helps me get going and has made us a lot better team,” Leal said.

This is a guy who gets it. TJD gets it, Race gets it. Phin gets it. Trey Galloway gets it. I believe Archie is building something. Of course I could be wrong, but I want more than just his Fr and So class to determine. I mean, his had two recruiting classes that our on campus. When the team first unselfish players are the upperclassmen, I think we'll see a lot of differences in consistency and standings.

“I could have gone into this season just trying to get mine and average all these huge numbers, but for our team to be successful it was really important for me to make sure that we’re getting the other guys involved and make sure we were playing well as a team so the ability get other guys going in turn helps me get going and has made us a lot better team,” Leal said.

This is a guy who gets it. TJD gets it, Race gets it. Phin gets it. Trey Galloway gets it. I believe Archie is building something. Of course I could be wrong, but I want more than just his Fr and So class to determine. I mean, his had two recruiting classes that our on campus. When the team first unselfish players are the upperclassmen, I think we'll see a lot of differences in consistency and standings.
Praying for team first unselfish players. Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

Reactions: Krafty97grad
What i llke about Brown and Galloway is their passing game Galloway is a slasher and Brown avg almost 9 assists a game and i wonder how many more he would have with guys that dont blow layups also his shooting range is NBA an beyond he not 5'10 listed a 6'2". Leal can slash to basket similar to Galloway his outside made be a little be better than Galloway. If they gave Brown a scholarship the Hall would be full every game. lol

What i llke about Brown and Galloway is their passing game Galloway is a slasher and Brown avg almost 9 assists a game and i wonder how many more he would have with guys that dont blow layups also his shooting range is NBA an beyond he not 5'10 listed a 6'2". Leal can slash to basket similar to Galloway his outside made be a little be better than Galloway. If they gave Brown a scholarship the Hall would be full every game. lol
The couple of games I have seen of Brown is that he is a very good passer too. He's got very good court vision. He didn't appear to be that tall to me. I never thought he was 5'10" I was thinking around 6'0" even.

“I could have gone into this season just trying to get mine and average all these huge numbers, but for our team to be successful it was really important for me to make sure that we’re getting the other guys involved and make sure we were playing well as a team so the ability get other guys going in turn helps me get going and has made us a lot better team,” Leal said..

IDK, it comes across as cocky/prickish to me for a 100+ recruit to say, as if he's been held back by sub-standard players and forced to play team ball. Like he's MJ or something, please, but maybe we need some of that attitude.

IDK, it comes across as cocky/prickish to me for a 100+ recruit, as if he's been held back by sub-standard players. Like he's MJ or something, please, but maybe we need some of that attitude.

?? Bizarre read. They are undefeated with the stated goal of winning a state championship. It ain't all Leal carrying them. It's exactly the type of attitude we need Green to embrace.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
?? Bizarre read. They are undefeated with the stated goal of winning a state championship. It ain't all Leal carrying them. It's exactly the type of attitude we need Green to embrace.
I'd agree on that, but for him to refer to everybody else as "other guys", and that he's sacrificed his numbers , sounds like he has a superiority complex

I'd agree on that, but for him to refer to everybody else as "other guys", and that he's sacrificed his numbers , sounds like he has a superiority complex

Well, he's got an ego; we all do. I think he's trying to relate to IU fans and whoever votes on Mr Bball why his #s might be lower. He's just saying he could have better ppg #s if he wanted to.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
IDK, it comes across as cocky/prickish to me for a 100+ recruit to say, as if he's been held back by sub-standard players and forced to play team ball. Like he's MJ or something, please, but maybe we need some of that attitude.
If he'd just said he could jack up and make 3s all day long with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, he'd be a hero! ;)

Galloway is light years more ready than Leal, just eye test it. Leal is spot up, Galloway can get his own shot

If he'd just said he could jack up and make 3s all day long with a cigarette hanging from his mouth, he'd be a hero! ;)
Well, me for Mr. Bball then, sorry, I don't think much of Leal's game, I think Galloway will be the best of this bunch. Leal has visible un-athleticism similar to Damezi and when the game speeds up it will be a problem

Well, he's got an ego; we all do. I think he's trying to relate to IU fans and whoever votes on Mr Bball why his #s might be lower. He's just saying he could have better ppg #s if he wanted to.

If South makes it to the State championship, it's gonna be hard for voters not to give Mr. Basketball to Leal. He's leading the 4a, #1 team in the state and has good stats. There are others that have a chance, Nijel Pack, D'Andre Davis are kids that should have a chance as well.

Galloway has a couple of things against him. He was hurt earlier in the season, and he plays at a private school. There are some voters that refuse to vote for private school players, which is a shame.

Reactions: kkott
If South makes it to the State championship, it's gonna be hard for voters not to give Mr. Basketball to Leal. He's leading the 4a, #1 team in the state and has good stats. There are others that have a chance, Nijel Pack, D'Andre Davis are kids that should have a chance as well.

Galloway has a couple of things against him. He was hurt earlier in the season, and he plays at a private school. There are some voters that refuse to vote for private school players, which is a shame.

I think the fact that he was hurt should help Galloway. They were 16-1 with him, 0-3 without him.

Luke brown should be a Hoosier. Natural shooter, good vision. Confident competitor
I watched the video of his team's game against Northwestern posted in another thread on this board. First time I've seen the kid on video, never seen him in person. He has a long way to go if he's going to play D1 anyplace, let alone in the B1G. His coach also isn't doing him any favors letting him stand straight up in a wretched version of a 2-3 zone, waving at people penetrating the lane right past him. He's going to have to guard someone at the next level. No doubt he can shoot it and he does pass the ball well, but his effort at other aspects of the game is pretty suspect.

It's a good thing Blackford has multiple kids who can shoot the ball. They make no attempt to guard anybody or screen out. I understand now how they set the state record for giving up the largest 4th quarter lead to lose a game.

We have too many players already who struggle to guard and play with full effort. A 6' kid with limited athletic ability is going to have to bring a lot more to the table than his shooting skills if he plans to play major college basketball. He's going to be facing bigger, faster, stronger players every time he steps on the court. Getting open looks is a challenge for any smaller player. He has a long way to go imo.

Last edited:
Northwestern dbl teamed Luke from what I saw in that game. Why didn’t NW just put a superior athlete on Luke to stop him?

Luke Brown is putting up 30+ a game with 2 guys guarding him and he wants to go to IU. Get it done Archie!
Kid isn’t even ranked which surprises me with those kinds of stats, but the experts must think he doesn’t have high major talent. I doubt there is any chance he’ll get a scholarship offer from IU. If he really wants to play at IU he’ll have to see if Miller will let him walk on.

I’ve read in the paper that Dayton is taking a look at him. If they offer, he should take it.

Reactions: minneman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT