ADVERTISEMENT

Good morning. Can we have a music thread?

I've seen them at red rocks. Midnight Radio was a fantastic cd
When I was at Ball State in the early 90s, they were very popular. Tremendous band and for some reason very under appreciated.

When I was at Ball State in the early 90s, they were very popular. Tremendous band and for some reason very under appreciated.
For sure. I saw them in the early 90s in Columbus and Dave Matthews opened for them. Different trajectories from there. I've seen them a bunch and he actually hung out with us for a half hour or so after a short show. Super nice guy. He was literally playing a free show at a bbq fest in a parking lot in Stl.

Reactions: td75
Heard this driving late last night.

I had never heard or even known about this previously, but it popped up on my youtube recommendations this morning and I thought I'd share. Seems like a fitting tribute for Bob to cover Warren at the start of the 2002 tour after learning of Warren's terminal cancer...

When I first saw the video title I was actually hoping he'd choose more conventional ballads like Carmelita, French Inhaler, or even Vera Cruz, but then I'm partial to the first two Zevon albums in particular... Those three songs just strike me as more Dylanesque, especially the Desire stage... I do love Accidentally...

I had never heard or even known about this previously, but it popped up on my youtube recommendations this morning and I thought I'd share. Seems like a fitting tribute for Bob to cover Warren at the start of the 2002 tour after learning of Warren's terminal cancer...

When I first saw the video title I was actually hoping he'd choose more conventional ballads like Carmelita, French Inhaler, or even Vera Cruz, but then I'm partial to the first two Zevon albums in particular... Those three songs just strike me as more Dylanesque, especially the Desire stage... I do love Accidentally...

Since we're discussing poignant WZ covers (at least I am) this 2015 performance of Desperados Under the Eaves by Dawes seems to fit the bill. Anybody else remember when Dave was the host for an all-night Friday movie gig on local Indy tv where he got pies thrown in his face? May even have predated his stint as the weatherman on Channel 13...

Morning bitches! Let’s talk Live Music Concerts available for streaming or on YouTube.

Just recently watched Peter Gabriel’s Secret World Live show. I had forgotten how cool his staging and use of video was. He was doing Go Pro things years before Go Pro was out.

Another favorite I put on the background is Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense. Man I would love to see David Byrnes show on Broadway. Not sure if it’s on video yet.

shill me some of your favorites and I’ll check them out. Ok, it goes without saying the Bands Last Waltz is the greatest live performance ever recorded so save your breath. Now an interesting subject would be what was the best guest performance of that show? I’ll have to think about that….

Just doesn't need a lot of hype, oh and Sue ain't all that bad either

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
Sheet I never realized Head On was originally a Jesus and Mary Chain song. Always figured the Pixies wrote it. So now I need to go back and see if the Pixies covered any other songs on the first four albums. Hmmm

I’m too lazy to see if this band has been mentioned but they’re so freaking good they should be mentioned twice. I just gotta say the band, The War on Drugs has me hooked. I’ve been a fan for awhile but the lead singer just speaks to my middle aged struggle in life these days. And he’s got a son named Bruce after the Boss, so how bad can he be? I’m posting their recent NPR Tiny Little Desk concert but I recommend checking out the new album just released last week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT