ADVERTISEMENT

Go Nerds

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
A nice little article about the #1 Div II team—the Colorado School of Mines.

No NIL money, no transfer portals, and no subordination to TV. Just student athletes playing the game.

The part I like the best is the fan cheer: “It’s all right. It’s OK. Our players will be your bosses someday.’”

Oh, about the academics: “Matocha [ QB] is completing his master’s degree in computer science, while other seniors have or soon will possess bachelor’s and/or master’s degrees in chemical, petroleum, electrical, geological, mechanical, metallurgical and civil engineering — and biochemistry.”

No NIL money, no transfer portals, and no subordination to TV. Just student athletes playing the game.

The part I like the best is the fan cheer: “It’s all right. It’s OK. Our players will be your bosses someday.’”

Oh, about the academics: “Matocha [ QB] is completing his master’s degree in computer science, while other seniors have or soon will possess bachelor’s and/or master’s degrees in chemical, petroleum, electrical, geological, mechanical, metallurgical and civil engineering — and biochemistry.”

i've heard of htat school. they're good at something. hockey?

Most D2's don't have a lot of NIL money.

Zero rhythm.

That's alright, that's OK
You're gonna work for us someday

CO = "I'm not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe."

Their basketball team has a kid from central Indiana.

Most D2's don't have a lot of NIL money.

Zero rhythm.

That's alright, that's OK
You're gonna work for us someday

CO = "I'm not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe."

Their basketball team has a kid from central Indiana.
Jimmy Chitwood?

Jimmy Chitwood?
42834.jpg

They are actually one of the highest rated engineering schools in the country. My nephew-in-law is a junior there.

Last edited:

The STEM Nerds from Colorado Mining and Engineering, if they want to get a joyful taste of the performing arts, can attend theatre productions at either Colorado University or Denver University where my talented grand nieces are theater majors.

Happy and entertained nerd brains are more creative and productive, so I've been told by the niece's nerd father.

Last edited:

And here are their arch rivals. Football games are tough to watch.

The STEM Nerds from Colorado Mining and Engineering, if they want to get a joyful taste of the performing arts, can attend theatre productions at either Colorado University or Denver University where my talented grand nieces are theater majors.

Pics required

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT