ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Fact: There are 3 High School Gyms In Indiana That Have A Larger Seating Capacity Than Some "Power 5" Arenas

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
New Castle Fieldhouse (seating capacity: 8,424), Seymour High School's Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium (8,228), and East Chicago Central's John A. Baratto Athletic Center (8,054) can seat more people than:
The Watsco Center (7,972; Uni. of Miami (FL)
Finneran Pavillion (6,500; Villanova)
Welsh-Ryan Arena (7,039; we all know it's Northwestern)
Jersey Mike's Center (8,000; Rutgers)
Maples Pavillion (7,392; Stanford)

New Castle Fieldhouse (seating capacity: 8,424), Seymour High School's Lloyd E. Scott Gymnasium (8,228), and East Chicago Central's John A. Baratto Athletic Center (8,054) can seat more people than:
My high school gym (Southport) doesn't even make the top 10 in the state (think it rates #11) but is bigger than Davidson's gym down here. I always swear it's larger in volume than Duke's Cameron Indoor... or maybe it just feels bigger. But, at Cameron, everything that can be a seat, is a seat and entry doors are single width. Whereas at Southport, we had big double rampways and stairs to enter with a large area around the top and aisles up and down and around the bottom of the permanent seats. It probably wasn't, but it's much closer than the seating difference would make you believe.

Reactions: indy1203 and mk30
Yep sadly the days of filling them up though is thing of the past. Going away from one class and now with phones, social media, etc the glory days of packed gyms are just a memory. I mean if you get a hot regional game maybe but just general league games no.

Yep sadly the days of filling them up though is thing of the past. Going away from one class and now with phones, social media, etc the glory days of packed gyms are just a memory. I mean if you get a hot regional game maybe but just general league games no.
Seems like more and more schools are scheduling opponents regardless of size (seeing more 2A schools playing 4A schools, 1A playing 3A, with the smaller schools getting wins, mixes of schools from different classes playing in holiday tournaments, etc). Maybe it's a way to start the conversation of, or schools pushing for, the return to a single class system, but I wouldn't be too hopeful of that.

My high school gym (Southport) doesn't even make the top 10 in the state (think it rates #11) but is bigger than Davidson's gym down here. I always swear it's larger in volume than Duke's Cameron Indoor... or maybe it just feels bigger. But, at Cameron, everything that can be a seat, is a seat and entry doors are single width. Whereas at Southport, we had big double rampways and stairs to enter with a large area around the top and aisles up and down and around the bottom of the permanent seats. It probably wasn't, but it's much closer than the seating difference would make you believe.
It looks like the 15-20 schools with the biggest gyms (Southport #10) in Indiana have a larger capacity, sometimes twice as much, as A-10 stadiums. I'd say the average high school gym in Indiana is around the size of a mid major (West Coast Conference, Ohio Valley, half of the Atlantic 10, etc ) arena.
But here's a few more fun facts:
-In addition to having larger capacity than the U of Miami (FL)'s arena, New Castle Fieldhouse is only slightly smaller than two other ACC arenas, Boston College's Conte Forum (8,606) and Georgia Tech's Hank McCamish Pavilion (8,600)
-The 4th (Richmond's Tiernan Center; 7,786) and 5th (Marion's Bill Green Arena; 7,560) largest high school gyms in Indiana also seat more than the Villanova, Stanford, and Northwestern arenas
-If Villanova and Northwestern's arenas were high school gyms in Indiana, they would be #14 (Northwestern) and 15 on the list

Last edited:
At one time 15 of the largest 16 high school gyms in the country were located in Indiana ,and Back in the day they were packed . When I was a kid in Kokomo back in the early 60’s the gym seated over 7,000 , and to go to a game you had to have a season ticket . The demand was so great that they had a lottery to get tickets .

I know what you mean.One of my favorite games I played in during high school was in front of a packed house back in 2000. I played for Northwestern (Kokomo) and we were hosting Peru a couple of weeks before the end of the regular season. Both teams had future Boilermakers on them (we had future Purdue PG Austin Parkinson, Peru had future Purdue RB Brandon Jones) and it was standing room only. There were fans sitting in the aisles, clogging the tunnels to the locker rooms on both sides, blocking the entrances to the concession stands, it was pretty cool.

Huntingburg (Southridge) had a gym that when it was built, the 6300 seats were twice the size of the town population. The sectional was a sellout for 39 straight years, until the hated arrival of class basketball.
Class is horrible and we have gotten used to it again but wouldn't you rather get a chance to play at a smaller school? I keep wondering these huge schools maybe they need 2 teams? Winning the sectional or regional when you were a small team in one class would beat a state championship in class? I get it with football but alot more people get to play. My dad's team won the sectional one yr 59-60 range with a school of like 35 boys in the top 4 grades. That really meant something.

At one time 15 of the largest 16 high school gyms in the country were located in Indiana ,and Back in the day they were packed . When I was a kid in Kokomo back in the early 60’s the gym seated over 7,000 , and to go to a game you had to have a season ticket . The demand was so great that they had a lottery to get tickets .
Back in the Jimmy Rayl days?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
I think at one time it was 19 of the 20th largest with one in Texas sneaking in. Sadly to a degree those days are gone and I think also a reason for part of IUs decline. Do you think Alford was intimidated coming in playing in the gyms he did compared to guys playing for 600 maybe? Even gyms at the 2000-2500 level at some small schools would just have been unheard of anywhere else back in the 50s and 60s and 70s

I know what you mean.One of my favorite games I played in during high school was in front of a packed house back in 2000. I played for Northwestern (Kokomo) and we were hosting Peru a couple of weeks before the end of the regular season. Both teams had future Boilermakers on them (we had future Purdue PG Austin Parkinson, Peru had future Purdue RB Brandon Jones) and it was standing room only. There were fans sitting in the aisles, clogging the tunnels to the locker rooms on both sides, blocking the entrances to the concession stands, it was pretty cool.
Cool that you got to play in that environment. I was driving through a snow storm in February and decided to pull off in Anderson and go to the Wigwam that night to see Troy Lewis. They played North Central. Such a cool environment and glad I can say I went to a game there. Think Troy scored a cool 35 or so that night and when I came out, the sky was clear as a bell!

I remember how packed the gyms were in the 80s and 90s. How loud some of those small gyms got. The Dugger gym is one of them. We used to go watch the Edgewood vs BNL games during Damon Baileys time. Those games were freaking wars. Edgewood had really good teams back then.

The Hatchet House is a little over 7,000 so it is considered pretty small in the state, but would be average in some of these smaller college venues. I used to hate running stair laps at the Hatchet House during gym class. Stan Neal the basketball coach was our P.E. Teacher and I think he forgot sometimes we were not all athletes.

Huntingburg (Southridge) had a gym that when it was built, the 6300 seats were twice the Ed size of the town population. The sectional was a sellout for 39 straight years, until the hated arrival of class basketball.
And if I’m not mistaken the seating capacity was over 7000 when it first open, then the fire Marshall came in and reduced it to the present day number. Those were the days before consolidation and we had 14 schools in it. Games were played Tuesday thru Saturday with two sessions on Friday and two on Saturday. Best part was no school on Friday.

Lynn taught us neighborhood kids to shoot the rock. Had the coldest pop and gave one style of haircut. That wabash valley tournament would’ve been awesome to see.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I think at one time it was 19 of the 20th largest with one in Texas sneaking in. Sadly to a degree those days are gone and I think also a reason for part of IUs decline. Do you think Alford was intimidated coming in playing in the gyms he did compared to guys playing for 600 maybe? Even gyms at the 2000-2500 level at some small schools would just have been unheard of anywhere else back in the 50s and 60s and 70s
A buddy from the Buffalo NY area came home with me for a fall weekend our freshman year. One of my brothers had a 7th or 8th grade game that we went to and he was amazed that there were around 150 people there for a jr high basketball game. He said that would would have been an average crowd for his HS games.

Reactions: kkott
A buddy from the Buffalo NY area came home with me for a fall weekend our freshman year. One of my brothers had a 7th or 8th grade game that we went to and he was amazed that there were around 150 people there for a jr high basketball game. He said that would would have been an average crowd for his HS games.
When I first moved to Charlotte, the neighborhood HS was the defending state champ and I'd read a story about their team and coach who was from IN, so I wanted to go check it out. This was the "big school" 5A state champ. I went to their gym and I'd guess it held maybe 1,000, probabably less. About 5 rows of bleachers on each side. People were literally walking on the court to get to their seats during the game. I asked somebody why they were playing in their practice gym (thinking maybe the new floor repaint with State Champ lettering wasn't quite ready!), and they said, this is the main gym. My buddy's kids gym at Perry County HS in little Leopold IN probably seats twice as many fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: hookyIU1990
And if I’m not mistaken the seating capacity was over 7000 when it first open, then the fire Marshall came in and reduced it to the present day number. Those were the days before consolidation and we had 14 schools in it. Games were played Tuesday thru Saturday with two sessions on Friday and two on Saturday. Best part was no school on Friday.
Huntingburg Sectional: Jasper Wildcats, Ireland Spuds, Ferdinand Crusaders, Birdseye Yellowjackets, Huntingburg Happy Hunters, Holland Dutchmen, Dubois Jeeps, Otwell Millers, Winslow Eskimos, Stendal Aces, Spurgeon Cardinals, Cuzco Bear Cubs, Dale Aces, West Baden Sprudels, and French Lick Red Devils.

Last edited:
Probably my favorite high school gym I've been to is is Frankfort's Case Arena, home of the Hot Dogs. That was where my team played our sectionals my senior year.

Huntingburg Sectional: Jasper Wildcats, Ireland Spuds, Ferdinand Crusaders, Birdseye Yellowjackets, Huntingburg Happy Hunters, Holland Dutchmen, Dubois Jeeps, Otwell Millers, Winslow Eskimos, Stendal Aces, Spurgeon Cardinals, Cuzco Bear Cubs, Dale Aces, West Baden Sprudels, and French Lick Red Devils.
I’m impressed that you knew that or could find it. When I started going I don’t think the two Springs Valley teams were there. And I don’t think Cuzco was there either. My first year would have been in the early to mid 60’s. It cost around $2.50 to $3.00 to go to all the sessions. That was a lot of money back then. But if you agreed to help cleanup after each session you got in free. It was amazing what you would find. The welcome song started every sectional and the schools would start taking sides. Usually everyone against Jasper. We lived a block from the gym and you could hear the crowd react to every foul, point, etc.

The old one class was so good. We got FW semi state on TV here not sure who was on broadcast but at the Coliseum. Final four Hillyard Gates on the mic. 2 games in the same day. 41,00+ in the Hoosier dome for finals in 1990 with Damon Bailey . But even years before. If the IHSAA tournament had been filmed no one in other states would have believed it possible to see the size of the gyms and the crowds. Do you really think of the players playing 2 games in a day really complained? The thing with basketball if you have a guy or a couple guys at a small school you can still win. L&M which wasnt mentioned in the 2 guys from the same HS going, IU had Jeff Oliphant and Patterson to PU . That could have been a huge finals. Concord was a kind of small school but had Kemp in 88, maybe best physical talent Indiana HS ever had, The 90 team was even better from a school of 1200is 4 division one players and a coach that just blew a win. Memories of the days .

The old one class was so good. We got FW semi state on TV here not sure who was on broadcast but at the Coliseum. Final four Hillyard Gates on the mic. 2 games in the same day. 41,00+ in the Hoosier dome for finals in 1990 with Damon Bailey . But even years before. If the IHSAA tournament had been filmed no one in other states would have believed it possible to see the size of the gyms and the crowds. Do you really think of the players playing 2 games in a day really complained? The thing with basketball if you have a guy or a couple guys at a small school you can still win. L&M which wasnt mentioned in the 2 guys from the same HS going, IU had Jeff Oliphant and Patterson to PU . That could have been a huge finals. Concord was a kind of small school but had Kemp in 88, maybe best physical talent Indiana HS ever had, The 90 team was even better from a school of 1200is 4 division one players and a coach that just blew a win. Memories of the days .
Funny that you mentioned about teams that would have a couple of good players and do really well in the tournament. For years Jasper seemed to draw Birdseye in the first round. According to rumor the draws at the IHSAA headquarters were done openly with the cards/schools always seemingly able to be discerned by any intelligent person who knew the alphabet. Cards were face down and Cabby O’Neil was on the board. One year Birdseye had two really great players. One kid was Partenheimer and can’t remember the other but they beat Jasper that year. Needless to say Jasper didn’t ‘draw’ them the next year.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmygoiu
No Folsomville or Dickeyville?

I remember how packed the gyms were in the 80s and 90s. How loud some of those small gyms got. The Dugger gym is one of them. We used to go watch the Edgewood vs BNL games during Damon Baileys time. Those games were freaking wars. Edgewood had really good teams back then.
I don't know if it's still like that, but I went to watch my friend's kids play at Perry Central for rivalry games with nearby towns and they still had a packed gym and a good environment. I assumed it was that way for many small town rivalries, no?

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
The Hatchet House is a little over 7,000 so it is considered pretty small in the state, but would be average in some of these smaller college venues. I used to hate running stair laps at the Hatchet House during gym class. Stan Neal the basketball coach was our P.E. Teacher and I think he forgot sometimes we were not all athletes.
Over 7000 is not small in the state; that makes it top 10 in seating capacity.

Yeah, the last one in 1997 still drew over 30,000. I remember going to Hinkle in the early 80s for the finals and it was packed. I think I was 5 or 6.

I don't know if it's still like that, but I went to watch my friend's kids play at Perry Central for rivalry games with nearby towns and they still had a packed gym and a good environment. I assumed it was that way for many small town rivalries, no?
I went to the Bosse vs reitz at the Bosse gym and it was standing room only. My kids hadn’t experienced anything like that. I told them almost every game was like that all over the state.

Thanks to HickoryHusker, here is a long list of schools and their mascots that have been lost to consolidation.

INDIANA -- Few undertakings have been as enjoyable as this. In the interest of the preservation of Indiana high school basketball lore, here is an attempt to compile a complete list of every long lost Indiana high school their nicknames, and colors. Almost complete, but I am always finding some little known gems out there to add. Here they are...

Acton Redbirds - blue and red - Franklin Central
Adams Twp. Tigers - blue and gold - Twin Lakes
Advance Osceoleons - purple and gold -Western Boone
Akron Flyers - black and gold -Tippecanoe Valley
Alamo Warriors - red and white - Southmont
Albany Wildcats - red and white -Delta
Albion Trojans - blue and white -Central Noble
Alfordsville Yellow Jackets - yellow and white - Barr-Reeve
Algiers Owls - ??? -Pike Central
Alquina Blue Arrows - blue and white - Connersville
Ambia Wildcats - blue and gold - Benton Central
Amboy Pirates - purple and gold - Oak Hill
Amo Aces - blue and white - Cascade
Anderson St. Mary's Gaels - blue and gold - Anderson
Anderson Highland Highlanders - plaid and white - Anderson
Anderson Madison Heights Pirates - black and red - Anderson & Highland
Andrews Cardinals - red and white - Huntington North
Arcadia Dragons - black and gold - Hamilton Heights
Arcola Aces - green and white - Carroll
Arlington Purple Breezes & Wildcats - purple and white - Rushville
Asheboro Shamrocks - green and white - Clay City
Ashley Aces - blue and red - DeKalb
Atlanta Cardinals - red and white - Hamilton Heights
Atwood Greyhounds - maroon and white - Warsaw
Auburn Red Devils - black and red - DeKalb
Aurora Red Devils - red and white - South Dearborn
Avilla Panthers - blue and white - East Noble
Bainbridge Pointers - purple and gold - North Putnam
Banquo Indians & Ghosts - red and white - Huntington North
Battle Ground Tomahawks - black and gold - Lafayette Harrison
Baugo Twp. Jimmies - maroon and white - Jimtown
Beaver Dam Beavers - blue and gold - Tippecanoe Valley
Bedford Stonecutters - red and white - Bedford North Lawrence
Belle Union Panthers - blue and gold - South Putnam
Bellmore (Union Twp.) Golden Eagles - black and gold - Rockville
Bentonville Trojans - red and white - Connersville
Berne Bears - blue and white - South Adams
Bicknell Bulldogs - black and old gold - North Knox
Bippus Tigers - blue and gold - Huntington North
Birdseye Birds then Yellow Jackets - black and gold - Forest Park
Blackhawk Chieftains - red and black - Terre Haute South
Bloomingdale Bulldogs - purple and white - Turkey Run
Bloomingdale Academy Immortals - purple and gold - Turkey Run
Bloomington Panthers - purple and white - Bloomington North & South
Boggstown Panthers - blue and white - Triton Central
Boston Terriers - blue and gold - Richmond
Boswell Blackhawks - black and gold - Benton Central
Bourbon Comets - blue and white - Triton
Bowers Blackshirts - black and gold - North Montgomery
Bowling Green Pioneers - purple and white - Clay City
Boxley No nickname - black and orange - Sheridan
Brazil Red Devils - red and white - Northview
Brewersville Hornets - black and gold - Jennings County
Bridgeton Racoons - black and gold - Riverton Parke
Bright Panthers - blue and white - East Central
Brighton Wildcats - black and gold - Lakeland
Bringhurst Breeze - purple and gold - Carroll
Bristol Pirates - black and orange - Elkhart Central
Bristow Purple Aces - purple and gold - Perry Central
Brook Aces - purple and gold - South Newton
Brookston Bombers - gold, black and orange - Frontier
Brookville Greyhounds - green and white - Franklin County
Brownstown Bears - black and gold - Brownstown Central
Brownsville Lions - black and red - Union County
Bruceville Hilltoppers - blue and red - North Knox
Bryant Owls - blue and white - Jay County
Buck Creek Cobras - black and red - Lafayette Harrison
Buffalo Bison - black and old gold - North White
Bunker Hill Minutemen - green and white - Maconaquah
Burket Hawks - purple and gold - Tippecanoe Valley
Burlington Polar Cubs - purple and white - Carroll
Burnettsville Bees - red and white - Twin Lakes
Burney Panthers - purple and white - North & South Decatur
Burns City Bees - yellow and black - Loogootee
Butler Windmills - green and gold - Eastside
Butler Twp. Tomahawks -blue and white - Maconaquah
Butlerville Bulldogs - red and white - Jennings County
Cadiz Spaniards - purple and white - Shenandoah
Cambridge City Wampus Cats - red and blue - Cambridge City
Camden Red Devils - red and white - Delphi
Campbellsburg Warriors - red and gray - West Washington
Carlisle Indians - red and white - Sullivan
Carrollton Cardinals - black and red - Carroll
Carthage Blue Raiders - blue and white - Knightstown
Castleton Comets - blue and gray - Lawrence Central
Cayuga Indians - purple and old gold - North Vermillion
Center Spartans - purple and white -Wapahani
Center Twp. Blue Streaks - blue and gold - Knox
Central Wildcats - green and white - Madison
Chalmers Cardinals - red and white - Frontier
Chandler Panthers - purple and white - Castle
Charlottesville Eagles - blue and white - Eastern Hancock
Chester Center (Keystone) Indians - purple and gold - Southern Wells
Chester Twp. Panthers - blue and white - North Manchester
Chili Polar Bears - black and white - North Miami
Chippewa Indians - red and white - red and white - Northfield
Chrisney Wildcats - black and orange - Heritage Hills
Cicero Red Devils - red and old gold - Hamilton Heights
Clarksburg Knights - black and red - North Decatur
Clarks Hill Hillers - red and white - McCutcheon
Clark Twp. Lions - blue and white - Whiteland
Claypool Knights - black and orange - Warsaw
Clayton Cardinals - black and red - Cascade
Clay Twp. (Howard County) Brickies - ??? - Northwestern
Clay Twp. (Miami County) Indians - red and gray - Maconaquah
Clear Creek Bulldogs - red and white - Huntington North
Clear Spring Purple Warriors - purple and gold - Brownstown Central
Clifford Panthers - purple and white - Hauser
Clinton Wildcats - black and old gold - South Vermillion
Clinton Twp. Yellow Jackets - black and gold - North Putnam
Clinton Twp. Trojans - purple and gold - South Central
Coalmont Cardinals - red and white - Shakamak
Coal City (Jefferson Twp.) Colts - blue and white - Owen Valley
Coal Creek Central Bearcats - black and red - North Montgomery
Coesse Indians - black and red - Columbia City
Colfax Tilesmen and Hickories - blue and white - Clinton Prairie
College Corner Trojans - red and gray - Union County
Columbus Bull Dogs - blue and white - Columbus North & East
Concannon Cannons - blue and white - West Vigo
Concord Twp. Tigers - ??? - Eastside
Converse Bordermen - red and white - Oak Hill
Cortland Eagles - black and gold - Seymour
Cory Apple Boys - black and gold - Clay City
Corydon Panthers - black and old gold - Corydon Central
Cromwell Spartans - black and white - West Noble
Cross Plains Wildcats - blue and white - South Ripley
Culver Indians - red(later maroon)and white - Culver Community
Cutler Wildcats - black and gold - Carroll
Cuzco Bear Cubs - black and white - Northeast Dubois
Cynthianna Annas - blue and gold - North Posey
Dale Golden Aces - black and gold - Heritage Hills
Dana Aggies - purple and white - South Vermillion
Darlington Indians - red and white - North Montgomery
Dayton Bulldogs - black and gold - McCutcheon
Deacon Demons - red, white, and blue - Cass
Decatur Yellow Jackets - purple and gold - Bellmont
Decatur Catholic Commodores - green and gold - Bellmont
Decker Aces - navy and old gold - South Knox
Decker Chapel Panthers - scarlet and white - South Knox
Deedsville Trojans - green and white - North Miami
Deer Creek Crickets - maroon and white - Carroll
Demotte Indians - red and white - Kankakee Valley
Depauw Blue River Echos - blue and gold -North Harrison
Deputy Warriors - red and white - Madison
Derby Warriors - black and gold - Perry Central
Desoto Panthers - purple and gold - Delta
Dillsboro Bulldogs - blue and gold - South Dearborn
Dover Blue Devils - blue and gold - Western Boone
Dubois Jeeps - blue and silver -Northeast Dubois
Dugger Bulldogs - black and old gold - Union Dugger
Dunkirk Speedcats - green and white - Jay County
Dupont Hornets - black and red - Madison
Dyer Indians - blue and gold - Lake Central
Earl Park Cardinals - cardinal and white - Benton Central
Eaton Norsemen - purple and gold - Delta
East Chicago Roosevelt Roughriders - purple and white - East Chicago Central
East Chicago Washington Senators - maroon and white - East Chicago Central
East Tipp Trojans - red and grey - Lafayette Harrison
Economy Cardinals - red and white - Hagerstown
Eden Flyers - black and gold - Greenfield Central
Edwardsport Powers - green and white - North Knox
Elberfeld Hornets - black and red - Tecumseh
Elizabeth Pirates - purple and old gold - South Central
Elkhart Blue Blazers - blue and white - Elkhart
Elkhart Central Blue Blazers - blue and white - Elkhart
Elkhart Memorial Crimson Chargers/Chargers - red and gold - Elkhart
Ellettsville Golden Eagles - black and gold - Edgewood
Elnora Owls - red and white - North Daviess
English Red Raiders - black and red - Crawford County
Epsom Salts - blue and white - North Daviess
Ervin Twp. Eagles - blue and gold - Northwestern
Etna Green Cubs - purple and white - Triton
Etna Twp. No nickname - black and gold - Columbia City
Evansville Lincoln Lions - purple and gold - all Evansville Schools
Evansville Rex Mundi Monarchs - blue and white - Evansville Mater Dei
Everton Bearcats - purple and old gold - Connersville
Fairbanks Trojans - blue and gold - North Central
Fairland Hornets - red and white - Triton Central
Fairmount Quakers - black and gold - Madison-Grant
Fairmount Academy Quakers - black and gold - Madison-Grant
Fair Oaks Cherokees - blue and white - Kankakee Valley
Fairview Yellow Jackets - black and white - Connersville
Farmersburg Plowboys - purple and gold - North Central
Farmland Wildcats - blue and white - Monroe Central
Fayette Central Chiefs - green and gold - Connersville
Fayetteville Lions - blue and gold - Bedford North Lawrence
Ferdinand Crusaders - blue and gold - Forest Park
Fillmore Cardinals - black and red - South Putnam
Flat Rock Cardinals - cardinal and white - Southwestern
Flint Arrows - red and cream - Prairie Heights
Flora Badgers - blue and gold - Carroll
Folsomville Eagles - blue and red - Boonville
Fontanet Beantowners - red and white - Terre Haute North
Forest Bobcats - black and gold - Clinton Central
Ft. Branch Twigs - black and gold - Gibson Southern
Fortville Demons - purple and gold - Mt. Vernon
Ft. Wayne Central Tigers - blue and white - Several Ft. Wayne Schools
Ft. Wayne Central Catholic Fighting Irish - green and white - Luers & Dwenger
Fountain City Little Giants - black and old gold - Northeastern
Fowler - Bulldogs - maroon and white - Benton Central
Francesville Zebras - black and orange - West Central
Francisco Owls - blue and white - Wood Memorial
Freedom Aces - red and white - Owen Valley
Freeland Park Rockets - black and red - Benton Central
Freelandville Fighting Dutchmen - blue and white - North Knox
Freetown Spartans - blue and white - Brownstown Central
French Lick Red Devils - red and white - Springs Valley
Frichton Eagles - purple and white - South Knox
Fulton Bulldogs - black and red - Caston
Galveston Cardinals -red and blue - Cass
Gary Edison Blazers - green and white - Lake Station
Gary Emerson Tornados - gold and gray - Mann, West, & Wirt
Gary Froebel Blue Devils - blue and flame? - Roosevelt & West
Gary Tolleston Blue Raiders - blue and white - Gary West
Gas City Tigers - maroon and white - Mississinewa
Gaston Bulldogs - blue and white - Wes-Del
Geneva Cardinals - black and red - South Adams
Gentryville Pirates - green and white - Heritage Hills
Georgetown Bearcats - green and white - Floyd Central
Gilboa Twp. Wildcats - purple and gold - Tri County
Gilead Wildcats - purple and white - North Miami
Gill Twp. Rockets - red and white - Sullivan
Gings Wildcats - red and white - Rushville
Glendale Indians - gold and white - Washington
Glenn Pirates - black and white - Terre Haute North
Glenwood Indians - black and old gold - Rushville
Goldsmith Gold Bugs - black and gold -Tipton
Goodland Trojans - blue and gold - South Newton
Gosport Indians - purple and gold - Owen Valley
Grandview Greyhounds & Yellow Jackets - gold and purple - South Spencer
Granville-Wells - black and white - Rockets - Western Boone
Grass Creek Panthers - black and gold -Caston
Gray Redbirds - red and white - Jay County
Graysville Greyhounds - red and white - Sullivan
Greene Twp. Aces - green and white - Turkey Run
Greene Twp. Bulldogs - ??? - Part to South Bend Schools & part to Glenn
Greenfield Tigers - black and gold -Greenfield Central
Greensfork Demons - black and gold -Hagerstown
Greentown Beavers - green and white -Eastern
Green Twp. Tigers - green and white - Monroe Central
Griffin Tornadoes - red and white - North Posey
Grovertown Rams - green and gold - Oregon-Davis
Guilford Wildcats & Quakers - orange and black - East Central
Hamlet Tigers - black and gold - Oregon-Davis
Hammond Tech Tigers - brown and old gold - Hammond
Hancock Central Panthers - black and red - Greenfield-Central
Hanging Grove Hornets - black and gold - Rensselaer Central
Hanna Panthers & Fishermen - black and white - South Central
Hanover Bulldogs - navy and white -Southwestern
Hardinsburg Bearcats - green and old gold -West Washington
Harlan Hawks - blue and gold - Part to Leo & Woodlan
Harrisburg Hornets - green and white - Connersville
Harrison Twp. Cardinals - cardinal and white - Wes-Del
Hartford City Airedales - black and gold -Blackford
Hartford Twp. Gorillas - red and white - South Adams
Haubstadt Elites - blue and white - Gibson Southern
Hayden Haymakers - blue and white - Jennings County
Hazleton Lions - black and gold -Princeton
Helmsburg (Jackson Twp.) Tigers - blue and white - Brown County
Heltonville Blue Jackets - royal blue and white - Bedford North Lawrence
Hillsboro Wildcats - black and gold/scarlet and blue - Fountain Central
Hillsdale Hilltoppers - blue and gold - South Vermillion
Hoagland Wildcats - blue and white - Heritage
Holland Dutchmen - red and white - Southridge
Holton Warhorses - red and white - South Ripley
Honey Creek Honey Bees - blue and white - Terre Haute South
Hope (Hawcreek Twp.) Red Devils - blue and red - Hauser
Hopewell Tigers - blue and gold - Franklin
Houston Pirates - black and red - Brownstown Central
Howard Twp. Hornets - black and gold - Northwestern
Huntertown Wildcats - black and gold - Carroll
Huntingburg Happy Hunters - black and red - Southridge
Huntington Vikings - black and red - Huntington North
Huntington Catholic Ramblers - black and light gold - Huntington North
Huntington Twp. Bearcats - purple and gold -Huntington North
Huntsville Redmen - red and white - Union
Huron Beavers - black and gold - Mitchell
Hymera Shakamaks - black and old gold - North Central
Idaville Green Streaks - green and white - Twin Lakes
Indy Attucks Tigers - green and gold - Other Indy schools
Indy Chartrand Rams - green and gold - Roncalli
Indy Marshall Patriots - red, white and blue - Other Indy schools
Indy Scared Heart Spartans - red and gray - Roncalli
Indy Shortridge Blue Devils - blue and white - Other Indy Schools
Indy Wood Woodchucks - purple and gold - Other Indy Schools
Ireland Spuds - green and white - Jasper
Jackson Center Jaguars - black and gold - Southern Wells
Jackson Central Eagles - red, white, and blue - Hamilton Heights
Jackson Twp. Rockets - black and white - Western Boone
Jackson Twp. Cardinals - cardinal and tan - Clinton Prairie
Jackson Twp. Tigers - black and gold - South Decatur
Jackson Twp. Stonewalls - green and white - Eastern
Jackson Twp. Panthers - maroon and white - Chesterton
Jackson Twp. Bulldogs - orange and black - Union City
Jackson Twp. Spartans - black and gold - McCutcheon
Jamestown Little giants - red and white - Western Boone
Jasonville Yellow Jackets - blue and white - Shakamak
Jefferson Red Devils - scarlet and old gold - Winchester
Jefferson Center Tigers - blue and red - Columbia City
Jefferson Twp. Warriors - blue and red - South Adams
Jefferson Twp. Yeomen - green and white - Eastbrook
Jefferson Twp. Tigers - blue and orange - Northridge
Jefferson Twp. Spartans - green and white - Huntington North
Jefferson Twp. Yankees - red, white, and blue - Tipton
Jonesboro Zebras - black and red - Mississinewa
Judyville Red Devils - red and white - Seeger
Kempton Pirates - purple and gold - Tipton
Kendallville Comets - crimson and gold - East Noble
Kennard Leopardcats - green and white - Knightstown
Kentland Blue Devils - navy and gray - South Newton
Kewanna Indians - blue an white - Caston, Rochester and Winamac
Kingman Black Aces - black and orange - Fountain Central
Kingsbury Kings - black and gold - LaPorte
Kirkland Kangaroos - green and gold - Adams Central
Kirklin Travelers - green and gold - Clinton Central
Kitchel (Harrison Twp.) Cowboys - blue and gold - Union County
Klondike Nuggets - blue, gold and white - Lafayette Harrison
Kniman Knights - red, black and white - Kankakee Valley
Kokomo Haworth Huskies - navy and gold - Kokomo
L&M Braves - black and white - White River Valley
Laconia Aces - columbia blue and white - South Central
Ladoga Canners - green and gold - Southmont
Lafayette Central Pirates - black and red - Homestead
Lafontaine Cossacks - blue and white - Southwood
Lagrange Lions - red and white - Lakeland
Lagro Comets - black and red - Northfield
Laketon Tigers - black and gold - Manchester
Lakeville Trojans - blue and old gold - LaVille
Lancaster Center Lancers - red and white -Huntington North
Lancaster Central Bobcats - green and white - Norwell
LaOtto ???? - ??? - East Noble
Lapaz Vikings - blue and yellow - LaVille
Larwill Trojans - purple and gold - Whitko
Laurel Panthers - red and white - Franklin County
Lawrence Lions - red and white - Lawrence Central
Leavenworth Rivermen & Wyandottes - black and gold - Crawford County
Leesburg Blue Blazers - blue and white - Warsaw
Leiters Ford (Aubbeenaubbee Twp.) Tigers to Braves - blue and gold - Culver
Leopold Leopards - green and white - Perry Central
Letts Bearcats - red and white - South Decatur
Lewisville Bears - purple and white - Tri
Lexington Minutemen - red and white - Scottsburg
Liberty Lancers (also went by Warriors) - scarlet and white - Union County
Liberty Center Lions - blue and gold - Chesterton
Liberty Center Lions - red and white - Southern Wells
Ligonier Red Raiders - green and scarlet - West Noble
Lima Orioles - black and orange - Lakeland
Lincoln Railsplitters - black and gold - Cass
Lincolnville Gold Bugs - purple and gold - Southwood
Linden Bulldogs - black and gold - North Montgomery
Linlawn Pirates - blue and gold - Southwood
Little York Wildcats - red and gray - Salem
Lizton Blue Blazers - blue and white - Tri West
Loogootee St. Johns Eagles - green and white - Loogootee
Losantville Red Devils - red and white - Union
Lovett Pirates - black and orange - Jennings County
Lucerne Lions - black and gold - Pioneer
Luce Twp. Red Devils - red and white - South Spencer
Lynn Bulldogs - red and white - Randolph Southern
Lynnville Lindys - black and gold - Tecumseh
Lyons Lions - black and gold - White River Valley
Mace Galloping Guys/Galloping Girls - red and black - Southmont
Mackey Aces - blue and white - Wood Memorial
Macy Yellow Jackets - blue and gold - North Miami
Madison Twp. Tomcats - navy and white - Jay County
Madison Twp. Panthers -blue and white - Penn
Manilla Owls - green and white - Rushville
Marengo Cavemen - black and gold - Crawford County
Marco Bears - black and gold - White River Valley
Marion Bennett Trojans - blue and yellow - Marion
Marion Twp. Panthers - red and white - Jennings County
Markle Eagles - black and orange - Huntington North
Markleville Arabians - purple and white - Pendleton Heights
Marshall Bobcats - black and gold/red and white - Turkey Run
Masonic Home Craftsmen - scarlet and gray - Franklin
Mathews Minutemen - purple and gold - Eastbrook
Mauckport Pilots - black and gold - Corydon Central
Maxwell Lions - purple and gold - Greenfield Central
Mays (Center Twp.) Tigers - black and gold - Rushville
McCordsville Pirates - black and gold - Mt. Vernon
McKinley Presidents - red, white, and blue - Winchester
Mecca Arabs - red and white - Riverton Parke
Medaryville Black Horses - black and gold - West Central
Mellott Derbies - red and white - Fountain Central
Mentone Bulldogs - green and white p Tippecanoe Valley
Merom Beavers - navy and white - Sullivan
Metea Hornets - black and red - Caston
Metz Mohawks - red and white - Angola & Hamilton
Mexico (Jefferson Twp.) Bulldogs - black and white - North Miami
Michigan City Elston Red Devils - red and white - Michigan City
Michigan City Rogers Raiders - blue and gold - Michigan City
Michigantown Ganders - red and white - Clinton Central
Middlebury Middies - blue and white - Northridge
Middletown Cossacks - red and white - Shenandoah
Midland Middies - red and white - Shakamak
Milford Trojans - blue and white - Wawasee
Mill Creek Creekers - blue and orange - LaPorte
Millersburg Millers - black and gold - Fairfield
Millersburg Wildcats - purple and gold - Castle
Milltown Millers - blue and white - Crawford County
Milroy Cardinals - red and white - Rushville
Milton Sharpshooters - maroon and gold - Cambridge City
Modoc Indians - ??? - Union
Mongo (Springfield Twp.) Dragons - green and white - Prairie Heights
Monitor Commodores - blue and gold - Harrison
Monmouth Eagles - black and gold - Bellmont
Monon Railroaders - blue and white - North White
Monroe Bearkats - blue and white - Adams Central
Monroe City Blue Jeans - blue and white - South Knox
Monroe Twp. Wildcats - ??? - Salem
Monroeville Cubs - black and white - Heritage
Monterey Fliers - red and white - Culver
Montezuma Aztecs - purple and gray - Riverton Parke
Montgomery (Barr Twp.) Vikings - black and white - Barr-Reeve
Monticello Tioga Indians - red and white - Twin Lakes
Montmorenci Tigers - black and gold - Benton Central
Montpelier Pacers - blue and gold - Blackford
Monument City Greyhounds - purple and gold - Huntington North
Montpelier-Harrison Twp. Pacers - navy and white - Blackford
Montpelier Spartans - navy and white - Blackford
Mooreland Bobcats - black and gold - Blue River
Moores Hill Bobcats - purple and white - South Dearborn
Moral Twp. Hawks - black and orange - Triton Central
Morgantown Trojans - purple and white - Indian Creek
Morgan Twp. Raiders - royal blue and white - North Harrison
Morocco Beavers - black and gold - North Newton
Moscow River Rats - green and gold - Rushville
Mt. Auburn Rangers & Blackhawks - black and red - Southwestern
Mt. Ayr Ayr Dales - black and gold - North Newton
Mt. Comfort Buccaneers - green and white - Mt. Vernon
Mt. Olympus Mountaineers - navy and white - Princeton
Mt. Summit Eagles - red and gray - Blue River
Mulberry Berries - black and gold - Clinton Prairie
Muncie Northside Titans - navy and red - Muncie Central
Napoleon Bearcats - black and gold - Jac-Cen-Del
Nappanee Bulldogs - blue and white -NorthWood
Nashville Yellow Jackets, Broncos & Hornets - black and gold - Brown County
Needham Bulldogs - purple and white - Franklin
Needmore (Marshall Twp.) Hilltoppers - purple and old gold - Bedford North Lawrence
New Amsterdam Rivermen & Indians - red and white - Corydon Central
New Augusta Red Devils - red and white - Pike
New Berry River Rats - ??? - White River Valley
New Bethel (Wanamaker) Red Devils - Red and black - Franklin Central
Newburgh Wildcats - navy and old gold - Castle
New Carlisle Tigers - black and orange - New Prairie
New Goshen (Fayette Twp.) Falcons - blue and gold - West Vigo
New Lebanon Tigers - black and orange - Sullivan
New Lisbon Tigers - black and old gold - Tri
New London Quakers - blue and gold - Western
New Marion Panthers - black and gold - South Ripley
New Market Purple Flyers - purple and white - Southmont
New Middletown Rangers - black and white - Corydon Central
New Palmyra Raiders - ??? - North Harrison
New Paris Cubs - purple and gold - Fairfield
New Point Little Giants - gold and blue -North Decatur
Newport Tigers - red and white - North Vermillion
New Richmond Cardinals - blue and red - North Montgomery
New Ross Blue Jays - blue and white - Southmont
New Salem Eagles - blue and crimson - Rushville
New Salisbury Tigers - royal and white - North Harrison
Newtown Black Aces/Indians - black and gold - Fountain Central
New Waverly Scarlets & Wildcats -black and gold - Cass
New Winchester Warriors - red and white - Danville
Nineveh Bluebirds & Eagles - navy and gold - Indian Creek
Noble Twp. Knights - blue and white - Pioneer
Noble Twp. Pirates - blue and gold - Southwood
North Bend ???? - ??? - Culver
North Central Tigers - royal blue and white - North Harrison
North Dearborn Vikings - red and white - East Central
North Liberty Shamrocks - green and white - Glenn
North Madison Tigers - royal and white - Madison
North Manchester Trojans - blue and gold - Manchester
North Salem Blue Devils -blue and white - Tri West
North Vernon Panthers - light blue and white - Jennings County
North Webster Trojans -red, white ,a nd blue - Wawasee
Oakland City Acorns - green and white - Wood Memorial
Oaklandon Oaks - green and white - Lawrence Central
Oaktown Oaks - green and white -North Knox
Odon Bulldogs - blue and white - North Daviess
Oil Twp. Oilers - green and white - Perry Central
Onward Red Coats - blue and red - Cass
Oolitic Bearcats - blue and gold - Bedford North Lawrence
Orange Tigers - black and orange - Connersville
Orland Tigers & Trojans - black and gold - Prairie Heights
Osgood (Center Twp.) Cowboys - green and white - Jac-Cen-Del
Ossian Bears - red and white - Norwell
Otterbein Red Devils - red and white - Benton Central
Otter Creek Otters - purple and gold - Terre Haute North
Otwell Millers - blue and white - Pike Central
Owensburg Eagles - blue and gold - Eastern
Owensville Kickapoos - black and gold -Gibson Southern
Oxford Blue Devils - blue and white - Benton Central
Paragon Panthers - green and white - Martinsville
Paris Crossing Lions & Pirates - black and old gold - Jennings County
Parker Panthers -purple and white - Monroe Central
Patoka Wrens - red and gray - Princeton
Patricksburg Bulldogs - red and white - Owen Valley
Patriot Trojans - red and white - Switzerland County
Pekin Musketeers - purple and gold - Eastern
Pendleton Irish - green and gold - Pendelton Heights
Pennville Bulldogs - black and gold - Jay County
Perry Central Midgets -purple and gold - Lebanon
Perrysville Eagles - purple and old gold - North Vermillion
Petersburg Indians - red and white - Pike Central
Petroleum Panthers - blue and white - Southern Wells
Pierceton Cubs - red and white - Whitko
Pimento Peppers - blue and orange - Terre Haute South
Pine Twp. Eagles - red and blue - Benton Central
Pine Village Pine Knots - blue and white - Seeger
Pinnell Purple Dragons - purple and white - Western Boone
Pittsboro Burros - red, black, and white - Tri West
Plainville Midgets - purple and gold - North Daviess
Pleasant Lake Spartans - red and white - Angola
Pleasant Mills Spartans - black and white - Adams Central
Pleasantville Blue Streaks - blue and white - Union
Poling Yellowjackets - purple and white - Jay County
Portland Panthers -purple and gold - Jay County
Poseyville Posies - black and white - North Posey
Prairie Creek Gophers - purple and white - Terre Haute South
Prairie Twp. Aces - purple and white - Tri Central
Princeton Lincoln Lions - blue and white - Princeton
Pulaski Yellow Jackets & Warriors - blue and gold - Winamac
Quincy Aces - blue and old gold - Cloverdale
Raglesville Rockets - blue and gold - North Daviess
Raleigh Sir Walters - black and white - Rushville
Raub Hornets & Ramblers - blue and gold - South Newton
Redkey Wolves - royal and white - Jay County
Reelesville Indians - red and white - South Putnam
Remington Rifles - black and gold - Tri County
Reynolds Rangers - blue and white - North White
Richland Center Wildcats - black and red - Rochester
Richland Twp. Red Devils - red and white - Fountain Central
Ridgeville Cossacks - black white - Winchester
Riley Cossacks - purple and white - Terre Haute South
Riverdale Comets - gray and green - Eastside
Roachdale Hawks - red and white - North Putnam
Roann Indians - maroon and white - Northfield
Roanoke Stonewalls - green and white - Huntington North
Rock Creek Aces - black and red -Huntington North
Rockcreek Center Dodgers - blue and gold - Norwell
Rockfield Indians - purple and gold - Delphi
Rockport Zebras - blue gold - South Spencer
Rockville Rox - blue and white - Park Heritage
Roll Red Rollers - red and white - Blackford
Rolling Prairie Bulldogs - blue and white - New Prairie
Rome Romans - black and orange - Perry Central
Rome City Romans - blue and white - East Noble
Romney Pirates - purple and white - McCutcheon
Rosedale Hot Shots - black and gold - Riverton Parke
Round Grove Bulldogs - black and gold - Tri County
Royal Center Bulldogs - black and orange - Pioneer
Royerton Redbirds - black and red - Delta
Russellville Bees - purple and white - North Putnam
Russiaville Cossacks - red and white - Western
St. Bernice Hornets - black and red - South Vermillion
St. Joe (Concord Twp.) Tigers - red and white - Eastside
St. Paul Blasters - red and white - North Decatur
Salem Center Cardinals - red and white - Prairie Heights
Saluda Lions - red and white - Southwestern
Sandborn Blue Jays - royal and blue - North Knox
Sand Creek Twp. Indians - blue and white - South Decatur
Sandusky Blackhawks - black and white - North Decatur
San Jacinto Bearcats - black and old gold - Jennings County
San Pierre Bulldogs - maroon and white - North Judson
Saratoga Warriors - red and white - Winchester
Scipio Tigers - green and white - Jennings County
Scircleville Ringers - red and white - Clinton Central
Scotland Scotties - black and white - Bloomfield
Scott Bulldogs - blue and red - Westview
Scott Center Bulldogs - blue and white - Angola
Selma Bluebirds - blue and white - Wapahani
Selvin Wildcats - Black and orange - Tecumseh
Shadeland Peppers - green and white - McCutcheon
Sharpsville Bulldogs - purple and gold - Tri Central
Shawswick Farmers - purple and gold - Bedford North Lawrence
Shelburn Panthers - red and white - North Central
Shipshewana Indians - dark red and black - Westview
Sidney Wildcats - black and orange - Whitko
Silver Lake Ramblers -blue and red - Warsaw
Smithville Skibos - red and white - Bloomington South
Solsberry Hornets - purple and gold - Eastern
Somerset Shamrocks - green and white - Southwood
South Bend Central Bears - orange and royal - SB Adams
South Bend Jackson Tigers - navy and white - SB Riley
South Bend LaSalle Lions - red and black - SB Schools
South Bend Wilson Presidents - green and yellow - SB Washington
South Milford ???? - ??? - Prairie Heights
Southwestern Wildcats - red & white - McCutcheon
South Whitley Bulldogs - blue and white - Whitko
Spartanburg Tomcats - purple and gold - Randolph Southern
Spencer Cops - blue and white - Owen valley
Spencerville Red Raiders - red and white - Eastside
Spiceland Stingers - black and gold - Tri
Springfield Twp. Cardinals - red and white - Franklin County
Springfield Twp. Indians - red and white - Michigan City
Springville Cardinals - blue and gold - Pike Central
Spurgeon Cardinals - black and red - Pike Central
Star City Stars - blue and white - Winamac
Stauntan (Posey Twp.) Yellow Jackets - blue and gold - Northview
Stendal Aces - Pike Central
Stewartsville Owls - blue and gold - North Posey
Stilesville Tigers - blue and gold - Cascade
Stillwell Vikings - purple and gold - LaPorte
Stinesville Quarry Lads -blue and red - Edgewood
Stockwell Warriors - blue and white - McCutcheon
Stoney Creek Blue Devils - royal and white - Monroe Central
Straughn Indians - red and white - Tri
Sugar Creek Twp. Crickets - blue and gold - Clinton Central
Sulphur Springs Bluebirds - blue and white - Shenandoah
Summitville Goblins - black gold and white - Madison Grant
Sunman Tigers - purple and gold - East Central
Swayzee Speedkings - purple and gold - Oak Hill
Sweetser Braves - navy and white - Oak Hill
Switz City Tigers - blue and white - White River Valley
Syracuse Yellow Jackets - blue and gold - Wawasee
Talma Tigers - gold and blue - Tippecanoe Valley
Tampico Bobcats - black and gold -Brownstown Central
Tangier Tigers - blue and white - Turkey Run
Tefft (Kankakee Twp.) Tigers - black and gold - Kankakee Valley
Tennyson Tigers - red and white - Boonville
Terre Haute Garfield Purple Eagles - purple and white - Terre Haute North
Terre Haute Gerstmeyer Black Cats- black and orange - Terre Haute North
Terre Haute Normal Young Sycamores - blue and white - Terre Haute North & South
Terre Haute Schulte Golden Bears - Terre Haute North & South
Terre Haute Wiley Red Streaks - red and white - Terre Haute South
Thorntown Kewasakees - blue and white - Western Boone
Tippecanoe Police Dogs - black and gold - Triton
Tobinsport Pirates - blue and white - Perry Central
Topeka Bears - purple and old gold - Westview
Trafalgar Redbirds - red and white - Indian Creek
Trinity Springs Little Sulphurs - red and white - Shoals
Troy Trojans - green and old gold - Tell City
Tunnelton Indians - red and white - Bedford North Lawrence
Turkey Run Warriors - red and light blue - Park Heritage
Twelve Mile Milers - blue and white - Caston
Tyner Redmen - red and white - Glenn
Union Eagles - green and white - Princeton
Union Center Badgers - black and white - Norwell
Union Mills Millers - maroon and white - South Central
Union Twp. Cardinals - black and red - Eastern
Union Twp. Sharpshooters - blue and white - Huntington North
Union Twp. Ramblers - blue and gold - Franklin
Union Twp. Tigers - blue and gold - LaPorte
Union Twp. Unionites - green and white - Perry Central
Unionville Arrows - red and white - Bloomington North
University (I.U.) Univees - red and white - Bloomington North
Upland Yeomen - red and white - Eastbrook
Urbana Speed Kings - green and gold - Northfield
Valley Mills Comets - blue and white - Decatur Central
Vallonia Redbirds - maroon and white - Brownstown Central
Van Buren Aces - blue and white - Eastbrook
Van Buren Twp. Wildcats & Bearcats - black and red - Brown County
Van Buren Twp. Blue Devils - blue and white - Northview
Veedersburg Green Devils -green and white - Fountain Central
Velpen Leopards - green and white - Pike Central
Vernon Blue Devils - blue and gold - Jennings County
Vernon Twp. Vikings - purple and gold - Mt. Vernon
Versailles Lions - red and white - South Ripley
Vevay Warriors - forest and red - Switzerland County
Wadena Indians - blue and gold/purple and white - Benton Central
Wadesville Red Devils - red and white - North Posey
Wainwright Mustangs - blue and white - McCutcheon
Wakarusa Indians - purple and gold - purple and gold - NorthWood
Walkerton Indians - blue and red - Glenn
Wallace Peppers - purple and gold - Fountain Central
Walnut Grove Wolves - purple and old gold - Hamilton Heights
Walton Warriors - green and white - Cass
Wanatah Midgets - black and red - LaCrosse, South Central, Westville
Ward-Jackson Flyers - black and red - Winchester
Warren (Salamonie Twp.) Lightning Five - blue and white - Huntington North
Washington Center Wildcats - red and white - Columbia City
Washington Clay Colonials - purple and gold - South Bend Clay
Washington Twp. Hatchets - royal and old gold - Cass
Washington Twp. Warriors (Referred to as Little Jeff) - purple and white - Clinton Prairie
Waterloo Cardinals - red and white - Connersville
Waterloo Wildcats - old gold and black - DeKalb
Waveland Hornets - purple and white - Southmont
Wawaka Warriors - purple and old gold - West Noble
Wayne Twp. Tigers - blue and white - Union City
Waynetown Gladiators - red and white - North Montgomery
Wea Indians - gold and purple - McCutcheon
Webster Pirates - black and orange - Northeastern
West Baden Sprudels - purple and white - Springs Valley
Westland Bears - red and white - Eastern Hancock
West Lebanon Clippers & Pikers - gold, purple and white - Seeger
West Middleton Broncos - black and green - Western
West Newton Tigers - blue and white - Decatur Central
Westphalia Wildcats - green and white - North Knox
West Point (Wayne Twp.) Cadets - red and black - McCutcheon
Westport Warriors - blue and white - South Decatur
West Terre Haute Bobcats - purple and gold - West Vigo
West Twp. Bulldogs - brown and yellow - Plymouth
Wheatfield Red Devils - red and white - Kankakee Valley
Wheatland Jeeps - black and red - South Knox
White River Little Giants - red, white, and blue - Winchester
White River Rapids - red, white, and black - Princeton
Whitestown Panthers - blue and white - Lebanon
Whitewater Bears - green and white - Northeastern
Whitewater Twp. Elkhorns - black and orange - Franklin County
Wilkinson Bulldogs - blue and white - Eastern Hancock
Williams Bulldogs - black and white - Bedford North Lawrence
Williamsburg Yellow Jackets - blue and gold - Northeastern
Williamsport Bombers - black and red - Seeger
Windfall Dragons - red and white - Tri Central
Wingate Spartans - blue and old gold - North Montgomery
Winslow Eskimos - purple and gold - Pike Central
Wolcott Wildcats - gold and purple - Tri County
Wolcottville Bulldogs - blue and white - Lakeland
Wolf Lake Wolverines - black and gold - Central Noble
Woodburn (Maumee Twp.) Warriors - blue and white - Woodlan
Worthington Ramblers - purple and white - White River Valley
Yankeetown Yanks - black and gold - Boonville
Young America Yanks - red, white, and blue - Cass
Zenas Warriors - purple and old gold - Jennings County

Thanks to HickoryHusker, here is a long list of schools and their mascots that have been lost to consolidation.

INDIANA -- Few undertakings have been as enjoyable as this. In the interest of the preservation of Indiana high school basketball lore, here is an attempt to compile a complete list of every long lost Indiana high school their nicknames, and colors. Almost complete, but I am always finding some little known gems out there to add. Here they are...

Needmore (Marshall Twp.) Hilltoppers - purple and old gold - Bedford North Lawrence
Washington Twp. Warriors (Referred to as Little Jeff) - purple and white - Clinton Prairie
My grandmother played basketball for the Unionville Arrows. This is an awesome list.

Reactions: kkott and jimmygoiu

Plenty of old names from my neck of the woods. Consolidation wasn't a smooth process either. One of my grandfathers used to talk about the upheaval when Walton was selected as the home for what would later become Lewis Cass and the state troopers had to be called into Onward because they weren't having it. They were bitter rivals with Walton and it flared to the point where Johnny Law was needed to come in a keep the peace. As a kid in the 70s there were still old timers that argued about who screwed who.

Found an article on it.

My favorite part:
While Onward residents cited Walton’s delinquency, lack of morals and lack of qualifications to run a high school, Turner hit on something far more likely at the center of the ordeal:

“The people of Onward just don’t want to lose their basketball team,” Turner told Life.

Last edited:
Isn't New Castle the largest High School gym in the nation?

The old Clay Twp (Howard County) building was still standing until, I think, the summer before my Freshman year at Northwestern in 1998. I remember them opening the time capsule that was in a cornerstone of the old building. Now the spot is the "Senior Class Only parking lot" during the school day, and where the players park on game nights during the basketball season.

Last edited:
Yes, it had been Seymour for a long time, but New Castle regained that title when they remodeled and added seats a few years ago.
Not quite true. New Castle’s count is with removable bleachers that can go on the concourse. They count towards the count regardless of if they are in storage or not. Somewhere along the line New Castle sold the bleachers. It wasn’t until a reporter did an article about it a few years ago that anyone knew they were gone.

When the article came out with New Castle second, new bleachers were immediately purchased by a booster to make New Castle #1 again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT