ADVERTISEMENT

For The Record

Oh man...one program rising and another struggling to get a win. Cant believe PU is clobbering OSU in the 4th...PU does what we only dream about doing...and has for some time. What is the difference between us? I think I know...

I also don't think we will beat them this year...

Oh man...one program rising and another struggling to get a win. Cant believe PU is clobbering OSU in the 4th...PU does what we only dream about doing...and has for some time. What is the difference between us? I think I know...

The difference is all about the level of commitment. Always has been.

Purdue opened up the checkbook to get a good coach and built a state-of-the-art football facility. IU did neither.

IU is nothing but talk and slogans. Purdue has some tradition and finally put it together again. IU is going to be owned by them in both major men’s sports for a long, long time.

I’m glad Purdue won this week. Their fans using it to rub it in our face is annoying, but I’m glad they won for Tyler. Tonight really distinguished ourselves from Purdue. A win against Penn State would really have helped. We can still go bowling, but the wins won’t come easy. Minnesota should be an easy one, but you never know on the road. Then we have to beat Purdue, Michigan, and Maryland, and only one of those is a game we should win.

LOL, remember before the season when Fred Glass said IU was THE flagship school in the state. What a buffoon. All hype and PR, no substance.

Reactions: iulb
LOL, remember before the season when Fred Glass said IU was THE flagship school in the state. What a buffoon. All hype and PR, no substance.
IU is the flagship school of the state. If you ask someone from Florida to name a school from Indiana, IU is going to be their answer 7 times out of 10. The other 3 will be split between Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame.

IU is the flagship school of the state. If you ask someone from Florida to name a school from Indiana, IU is going to be their answer 7 times out of 10. The other 3 will be split between Purdue, Butler, and Notre Dame.
If you ask someone from Florida to name the school that routed Ohio State tonight and is quickly returning to football prominence, their answer wouldn't be the flagship school of the state of Indiana.

Football, yes. Basketball....Lol. Painter is mediocre as hell.

If Painter is mediocre, considering his recent domination of IU, that would make IU basketball a dumpster fire. We are awful in football and a has-been in basketball. As of today, I refuse to be a masochist no more thinking either of those two programs will do anything that matters in my remaining years on this earth. It is what it is. IU is a glorified MAC school trying to compete in a big-boy conference.

If Painter is mediocre, considering his recent domination of IU, that would make IU basketball a dumpster fire. We are awful in football and a has-been in basketball. As of today, I refuse to be a masochist no more thinking either of those two programs will do anything that matters in my remaining years on this earth. It is what it is. IU is a glorified MAC school trying to compete in a big-boy conference.

Then divest yourself from IU in every way shape and form. Quit coming to this forum and find yourself another school to root for. Easy. You won't be missed.

For a team that says “IU sucks” every game? Ok, would agree except that’s just too PUke.
I too am OK with that win. It is very nice to see the dark lord go down. BTW they replaced the “IU sucks” chant with “cancer sucks” chant last night.

Reactions: herrli
Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone turn on a dime like you have. Up until a couple of weeks ago, you made me look like a gloom and doomer in comparison, and I'm usually pretty optimistic. We played a lot better yesterday than the week before, and a third of the season remains. I can see why 1-11 seasons or blown 25 point leads cause people to lose hope but, if you've endured that, this seems like a strange time to be be giving up.

Football, yes. Basketball....Lol. Painter is mediocre as hell.
Pretty sure mediocre coaches don't go to sw16's, win Big ten titles or win 30 games in a season.
That being said some of his end of game decisions have been mediocre as well as some of his recruiting classes.

Pretty sure mediocre coaches don't go to sw16's, win Big ten titles or win 30 games in a season.
That being said some of his end of game decisions have been mediocre as well as some of his recruiting classes.

Well it's really all about perspective...

At Indiana that's considered mediocre and gets you fired.

At Purdue that's considered exceptional and gets you extended.

Tom Crean says he is available if Painter leaves. He is the very embodiment of that definition. I assume you guys would be thrilled to have him. He does require cases of Red Bull and a tanning bed.

Reactions: 76-1

Well it's really all about perspective...

At Indiana that's considered mediocre and gets you fired.

At Purdue that's considered exceptional and gets you extended.
It’s one thing to fire someone achieving at that level, clearly another to be able to make a hire exceeding that level.

Tom Crean did that and got fired. That's acceptable standards at Purdue.

I saw enough from Archie at Dayton and last year to know that hes at least a solid coach.

Football. I'm much less optimistic.

Reactions: herrli
Unless I'm mistaking you for someone else, I'm not sure I've ever seen someone turn on a dime like you have. Up until a couple of weeks ago, you made me look like a gloom and doomer in comparison, and I'm usually pretty optimistic. We played a lot better yesterday than the week before, and a third of the season remains. I can see why 1-11 seasons or blown 25 point leads cause people to lose hope but, if you've endured that, this seems like a strange time to be be giving up.

Maybe he's not all that enthused by the magical 6-6 season (beating Minnesota & MD, getting crushed by Michigan, losing to Purdue) that you envision.

Here's the craziest stat I've heard this year......according to BTN, we are 1-58 all-time against top 5 AP rated teams. The "1" was IU-Purdue in 1967.

Don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt that any other P5 school can match that record of futility.

Maybe he's not all that enthused by the magical 6-6 season (beating Minnesota & MD, getting crushed by Michigan, losing to Purdue) that you envision.

Having watched this same movie for 40+ years since the Corso days, I can tell you that this is about all you can expect from the program. It’s rinse and repeat. The coaches change, they being different philosophies, new slogans, new uniforms. It doesn’t matter. IU’s best chance, I’ve come around to believe, is join a smaller conference like the MAC or AAC. It could compete there. It’s a small-time school wanting to play with the big boys.

IU could lose every football and basketball game they play and still be the flagship university in this state. His statement is correct and certainly not news.

Reactions: 76-1 and kmathum
IU could lose every football and basketball game they play and still be the flagship university in this state. His statement is correct and certainly not news.

Other than having the state in its title, IU has done nothing to justify the status of flagship university.

Reactions: Captain7781
Having watched this same movie for 40+ years since the Corso days, I can tell you that this is about all you can expect from the program. It’s rinse and repeat. The coaches change, they being different philosophies, new slogans, new uniforms. It doesn’t matter. IU’s best chance, I’ve come around to believe, is join a smaller conference like the MAC or AAC. It could compete there. It’s a small-time school wanting to play with the big boys.
That will never happen and shouldn't happen because there are 23 other sports that competes in the big ten well

Been longer than that. Some of us saw the Dickens and Pont teams as well. Pont had the one great year in 1967.

The biggest name we ever had was Bill Mallory.

And, of course, all these years it's been the fans' fault. Bull freakin' hockey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT