ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Cub fans - Fowler just obliterated Schwarber in deep CF

The past is the past and the future is blah blah blah...

...you sound just like Fred Glass.

Yeah, I said it.
47690900.jpg

They should trade Schwarber to the Cards.....St. Louis gets damaged goods and Chicago gets another prospect or draft pick that they can screw up.

Schwarber out for year. aCL MCL

Just saw that on the news. I don't like baseball or the Cubs, but that sucks. Long recovery, especially for a catcher. I believe Posey had a similar injury, though.

Just saw that on the news. I don't like baseball or the Cubs, but that sucks. Long recovery, especially for a catcher. I believe Posey had a similar injury, though.

I dunno if the plan is ever for him to catch as a pro, but it certainly doesn't help him develop as an outfielder if he has to rehab half a year before he can even run again.

I dunno if the plan is ever for him to catch as a pro, but it certainly doesn't help him develop as an outfielder if he has to rehab half a year before he can even run again.
Once Montero's contract is up the plan was for Schwarber to be the #1 catcher. That would have given him 3 years in the pros to prep and become a better defensive catcher.

Once Montero's contract is up the plan was for Schwarber to be the #1 catcher. That would have given him 3 years in the pros to prep and become a better defensive catcher.
I seriously doubt that. Willson Contreras is at AAA Iowa. He's the #1 catching prospect in baseball. He's awesome defensively and won the AA batting title last year. He bats right handed though, so Schwarber still could have gotten some ti.e behind the plate.

I love Schwarber. That bat has really elite speed, control and power, but I really think the plan was to make him a competent left fielder and part time catcher until the NL adopts the DH. Hopefully this won't derail his career much in the long run. This really sucks, but they're really deep and are still the favorites I would have to think.

Reactions: dusto nomo
I blame you assholes...you said it was just an ankle sprain.

If we can't count the AOTF for accurate news, what's the world coming to?

Reactions: HOOS13R
I seriously doubt that. Willson Contreras is at AAA Iowa. He's the #1 catching prospect in baseball. He's awesome defensively and won the AA batting title last year. He bats right handed though, so Schwarber still could have gotten some ti.e behind the plate.

I love Schwarber. That bat has really elite speed, control and power, but I really think the plan was to make him a competent left fielder and part time catcher until the NL adopts the DH. Hopefully this won't derail his career much in the long run. This really sucks, but they're really deep and are still the favorites I would have to think.

Maddon made the comment again this past winter that he wanted Kyle to be his catcher.
I'd always hoped they could improve his OF skillset and keep him out there.

This injury sucks, but it will make the defensive outfield better. It'll hurt in interleague games and in the World Series (please Lord let it be a factor in the WS) as Kyle is great in the DH role.

Reactions: PtownHoosier
I blame you assholes...you said it was just an ankle sprain.

If we can't count the AOTF for accurate news, what's the world coming to?
Blame Len Kasper. Not really. But,
Maddon made the comment again this past winter that he wanted Kyle to be his catcher.

This injury sucks, but it will make the defensive outfield better. It'll hurt in interleague games and in the World Series (please Lord let it be a factor in the WS) as Kyle is great in the DH role.
Thankfully Soler is available, and Baez soon. And Almora will be ready soon. There are a lot of options at least.

Blame Len Kasper. Not really. But,

Thankfully Soler is available, and Baez soon. And Almora will be ready soon. There are a lot of options at least.
Zobrist played some OF for KC last year. I dont know who Maddon would put in the OF 1st Javy or Ben.

I know its early but I saw Castro is hitting .580 for the Yankees. I hope he fits nicely in the Bronx

Maddon likes guys who can fill multiple roles. I'm sure he was telling the truth that he wanted Kyle behind the plate...sometimes. I think the plan has always started from the assumption that his bat was too valuable to keep him behind the plate full time.

Zobrist played some OF for KC last year. I dont know who Maddon would put in the OF 1st Javy or Ben.

I know its early but I saw Castro is hitting .580 for the Yankees. I hope he fits nicely in the Bronx
Zobrist can play anywhere, and I suspect he will. He signed primarily as the every day second baseman though. Baez will obviously play some 3b with Bryant in the OF too. Good thing Joe Maddon is so much smarter than me to handle this. He's the perfect guy for this team.

And I'll add that I'm rooting for Castro too.

Maddon likes guys who can fill multiple roles. I'm sure he was telling the truth that he wanted Kyle behind the plate...sometimes. I think the plan has always started from the assumption that his bat was too valuable to keep him behind the plate full time.
I expected him to be there a few years, then move, like Mauer did in Minny.
Too good of a hitter to keep back there too long.

Zobrist can play anywhere, and I suspect he will. He signed primarily as the every day second baseman though. Baez will obviously play some 3b with Bryant in the OF too. Good thing Joe Maddon is so much smarter than me to handle this. He's the perfect guy for this team.
Maddon is also pretty fond of LaStella. Hopefully he's right.

Maddon is also pretty fond of LaStella. Hopefully he's right.
True. We'll see. They say he has great bat speed and he's disciplined. Pretty solid defensively, and he was put in instead of Soler last night. I haven't seen many of those attributes yet, but I trust Theo and Maddon.

Editing this snarkass message to Cubs fans because I just read about Schwarber. That sucks, bad.

However, the Cubs are still the best offense in baseball. I still think they will win it all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT