ADVERTISEMENT

Flory's Star Power Benefitting Kokomo When It Comes To Transfers

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
The local paper covered the open scrimmage that took place on Saturday and in the article listed 5 players that have transferred in this season. Here's the list (previous school in parenthesis):

Korbyn Hammel (New Haven)
Baris Moore (Taylor)
A.P. Mitchell (Owensboro, KY)
Shyy McDonald (Bloomington North)
Max Feuerle (Germany)

Hammel and Moore were on the list I made of players North Of Indy To Watch I made a thread of a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: kkott
The local paper covered the open scrimmage that took place on Saturday and in the article listed 5 players that have transferred in this season. Here's the list (previous school in parenthesis):

Baris Moore (Taylor)
Max Feuerle (Germany)

Hammel and Moore were on the list I made of players North Of Indy To Watch I made a thread of a couple of weeks ago.
This type of stuff makes me sick for the other programs. It happened with Homestead a few years back to give them their only state title. Otherwise, they'd still be looking for one.

Reactions: TheCainer

Baris Moore (Taylor)
Max Feuerle (Germany)

They should be a state title contender...but I still think Ben Davis and Lawrence North will end up beating them, if not an unexpected Northern team before state. Wayne could, any of the Hamilton County teams could at Semi State. The Indy teams play a much more aggressive and physical style.

Never know what the new group around Flory will bring though, I guess. Hammel has jumped around to a lot of different AAU, and now HS teams, though, and consistent effort hasn't always been his strong suit. No clue on the others. I've heard the Germany kid is pretty high level?

They should be a state title contender...but I still think Ben Davis and Lawrence North will end up beating them, if not an unexpected Northern team before state. Wayne could, any of the Hamilton County teams could at Semi State. The Indy teams play a much more aggressive and physical style.

Never know what the new group around Flory will bring though, I guess. Hammel has jumped around to a lot of different AAU, and now HS teams, though, and consistent effort hasn't always been his strong suit. No clue on the others. I've heard the Germany kid is pretty high level?
If it's the same kid I heard about last year, he's another kid that could end up at a "high major" school and he wanted to play last year, but there was some kind of visa issue (or that's what was being said around town).

If it's the same kid I heard about last year, he's another kid that could end up at a "high major" school and he wanted to play last year, but there was some kind of visa issue (or that's what was being said around town).
Likely the same one. I don't begrudge the transfers, as much. Especially for 4A schools. They're still going to run in to Hamilton County, Ft Wayne, Region, Indy schools that will give them all they can handle.

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
Likely the same one. I don't begrudge the transfers, as much. Especially for 4A schools. They're still going to run in to Hamilton County, Ft Wayne, Region, Indy schools that will give them all they can handle.
Found some more info on the other 3 transfers:

AP Mitchell is a Senior PF that averaged 11 PPG and 5 RPG for Owensboro last year

Shyy McDonald is Senior G that averaged 3 PPG for Bloomington North last year

Max Feuerle is a Sophomore guard who averaged 9 PPG and 3 APG while playing for Porsche BBA Ludwigsburg in Germany, which is like Prep Schools here, I guess.

Found some more info on the other 3 transfers:

AP Mitchell is a Senior PF that averaged 11 PPG and 5 RPG for Owensboro last year

Shyy McDonald is Senior G that averaged 3 PPG for Bloomington North last year

Max Feuerle is a Sophomore guard who averaged 9 PPG and 3 APG while playing for Porsche BBA Ludwigsburg in Germany, which is like Prep Schools here, I guess.
They have Flory... the best and most dominate player in the state. They probably need some guys that are efficient, and can shoot the ball, surrounding him. And then 4 other guys that will defend. If the German kid is a high level guard that will help maximize Flory...they'll be a tough out.

Reactions: Jayhoosier83
This type of stuff makes me sick for the other programs. It happened with Homestead a few years back to give them their only state title. Otherwise, they'd still be looking for one.
I think in the next 5-10 years, we're going to see high school basketball become what college basketball USED to be. I'm not talking about scholarahips and dorms or anything like that, but coaches openly recruiting instead of under-the-table deals that go on now. I think 30 states (so far) have NIL guidelines for high school athletes (https://biz.opendorse.com/blog/nil-high-school/) and other states (including Indiana) are currently considering implementing them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT