ADVERTISEMENT

Final 8 Minutes of 2H

it sucks to win, in late Feb, on the road, and yet feel bummed out when the game is over.
But give Minny credit, they were out of their minds from 3 in the final 7 minutes.

Without Xavier Johnson we lose these last 2 games we just played. TJD was just kinda out there today. Race too.
TJD hit some big late FTs but I think he had like 3 TOs almost in a row that fueled the come back. Willis went absolutely bonkers.

Reactions: JBT Assoc
it sucks to win, in late Feb, on the road, and yet feel bummed out when the game is over.
But give Minny credit, they were out of their minds from 3 in the final 7 minutes.

Without Xavier Johnson we lose these last 2 games we just played. TJD was just kinda out there today. Race too.
As much as I love TJD and Race we go as far as X can take us. When he is good we look amazing. When he is bad we can lose any game.

X has become thee Pg we needed. I have not been a fan of his antics, but he has calmed that down and his play has improved dramatically. Right now he is our MVP. Not sure what has happened with Trayce but he seems to be happy being a role player vs thee player. Take the W and get the hell out of there. We are now 3-2 at the barn in our last 5 games. Probably our best winning percentage outside of assembly hall in the league.

• Love
Reactions: DANC
TJD hit some big late FTs but I think he had like 3 TOs almost in a row that fueled the come back. Willis went absolutely bonkers.
Have to go back and watch it. Turnovers about did us in. The charging call was BS. How they hell they don’t call the signature Kofi bulldozer every game is mind boggling. But they call that okay on Trayce. Heck we (X) even turned the ball over at mid court and they missed the wide open three to cash in. That game was within the grasp for Minny. Thanks fully we hit the FT’s when we needed to. I think Hummel said we were 285th in the country in FT %? If I heard that right, that’s alarming!

Reactions: DANC and JBT Assoc
Have to go back and watch it. Turnovers about did us in. The charging call was BS. How they hell they don’t call the signature Kofi bulldozer every game is mind boggling. But they call that okay on Trayce. Heck we (X) even turned the ball over at mid court and they missed the wide open three to cash in. That game was within the grasp for Minny. Thanks fully we hit the FT’s when we needed to. I think Hummel said we were 285th in the country in FT %? If I heard that right, that’s alarming!
X was fouled on that play and like 2 other plays that weren’t called. I think because of his theatrics late in games that really hurts him get the calls that are real fouls. He got slapped a few times tho for sure.

Sad when it is required to say SCOREBOARD to our own posters. Minny hit a ton of BS shots. We had some poor turnovers. We won. On the road. Be happy.
Who said I wasn’t happy? A win is a win. Simply pointing out how epic that 8 minutes was. And the obvious IU meltdown that accompanied it. We need to take care of Rutgers and then hope for the r best vs Purdue. Had we not had the meltdowns vs Wiscy and OSU, we would be 21-7 right now and be staring at a 4 seed in the tourney. These meltdowns are a major cause for concern. But like you said, at the end of the day, all that matters is the scoreboard.

X was fouled on that play and like 2 other plays that weren’t called. I think because of his theatrics late in games that really hurts him get the calls that are real fouls. He got slapped a few times tho for sure.
That’s a great point. Another reason why I don’t care for the theatrics.

Who said I wasn’t happy? A win is a win. Simply pointing out how epic that 8 minutes was. And the obvious IU meltdown that accompanied it. We need to take care of Rutgers and then hope for the r best vs Purdue. Had we not had the meltdowns vs Wiscy and OSU, we would be 21-7 right now and be staring at a 4 seed in the tourney. These meltdowns are a major cause for concern. But like you said, at the end of the day, all that matters is the scoreboard.
Then maybe I read a little into your post and some of the others. I see what Woody is trying to do, because we are going to need those guys, but maybe it was a bit early and bo way you expect Minny to go insane like they did. Next time, Jer rolling until at least the 5 minute mark.

Ref had a chat with him after the first charge he took and shot backward. To be fair he had just been fouled at the other end with no call, so he pretty much showboated the charge.

X has become thee Pg we needed. I have not been a fan of his antics, but he has calmed that down and his play has improved dramatically. Right now he is our MVP. Not sure what has happened with Trayce but he seems to be happy being a role player vs thee player. Take the W and get the hell out of there. We are now 3-2 at the barn in our last 5 games. Probably our best winning percentage outside of assembly hall in the league.
Should have been T'd up for yelling in player's face on the and 1.

Thanks.
What were our FTs at the end?
Since your web browser doesn't allow you to see the box score or possessions, here is what it looked like free throw wise and possessions for both teams in the final 8 minutes

2:04 Remaining, IU Up 74 - 67
- Xavier hits two free throws, IU 76 - 67

1:56 Willis hits Free Throw,

1:26 IU turnover

1:20 Minny missed 3 pointer

1:09 Remaining, IU up 76 - 68
- Miller misses front end of one and one
- Team 2 for 3

1:02 Minny missed FT

:59 Remaining, IU up 76 - 68
- Trayce hits both free throws, IU leads 78 - 68
- Team is 4 for 5

:50 Jamison Battle made FG

:41 Remaining, IU up 78 - 70
- Miller Kopp hits both free throws, IU leads 80 - 70
- Team is 6 for 7

:35 Payton Willis Made Three Pointer

:31 Remaining, IU up 80 - 73
- Xavier hits 1 of 2, IU leads 81 - 73
- Team is 7 for 9

:24 Payton Willis Made Three Pointer

:23 Remaining, IU up 81 - 76
- Xavier hits 1 of 2, IU leads 82 - 76
- Team is 8 for 11

:05 EJ Stephens Makes Three pointer

:03 Remaining, IU up 82 - 79
- Xavier hits 2 of 2 free throws, IU leads 84 - 76
- Team is 10 for 13 at the free throw line

This game goes 2 minutes longer and we most likely lose. Just barely closed it out although just ridiculous how well Minny shot the ball at the end. Anything they threw up there went in. Just take the W which was a must and focus on beating Rutgers which will be very difficult even at AH.

Reactions: ams66
Since your web browser doesn't allow you to see the box score or possessions, here is what it looked like free throw wise and possessions for both teams in the final 8 minutes

- Team 2 for 3

- Team is 4 for 5

- Team is 6 for 7

- Team is 7 for 9

- Team is 8 for 11

Thx

Reactions: aajohn2000
Sad when it is required to say SCOREBOARD to our own posters. Minny hit a ton of BS shots. We had some poor turnovers. We won. On the road. Be happy.
Agree.

Minnesota had no pressure on them and they made some amazing shots. For me the game was never really in doubt.

- Team 2 for 3

- Team is 4 for 5

- Team is 6 for 7

- Team is 7 for 9

- Team is 8 for 11

Thanks for the rundown. There were some other games that may have been won with 10-13 shooting from the FT line.

Reactions: aajohn2000
This game goes 2 minutes longer and we most likely lose. Just barely closed it out although just ridiculous how well Minny shot the ball at the end. Anything they threw up there went in. Just take the W which was a must and focus on beating Rutgers which will be very difficult even at AH.
I thought the same. It really might bave been a loss if it had gone on another 15-30 seconds. We had let a 27 point lead drop to 3 with 3 seconds left and no sign of really stopping them. We fortunately hit a couple of FTs and the clock was on our side at that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT