ADVERTISEMENT

Fall camp started today!

I was surprised to hear the first practice was today and I can feel the start of the season coming. It is a new team in many aspects with new training methods so it will be interesting to see how it translates to games.

I am pretty excited as well. Of course I was very excited the year we started off ranked 17 or something like that. We all know how that went. So I try to temper it a bit. Then you guys on here get me fired up again. I guess that’s why I keep coming back.

CCC Day 1 Transcript:

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2024/7/31/football-fb-curt-cignetti-media-availability-7-31-24

On what he wants to see in retention this fall…
CC: I think we want to get these guys playing football like the way we want them to play. We have a certain style -- smart, disciplined poised. Always been one of the least penalized team in the league. Number one in turnover ratio and very highly ranked in key statistical categories which lead to success.

On anything else that maybe you didn't see…
CC: I think the big thing -- it's one of my primary goals, is we have to improve in our consistency of performance. Play in play out, rep in, rep out, day in, day out, week in, week out, getting 11 guys doing what they're supposed to do at a high level, every single play. And now the second time through this we can start to coach the little fine details in the finishing a little bit more than in the spring when we were introducing a lot of concepts.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/...ll-begins-first-fall-camp-under-curt-cignetti

“It forced us to think and play football on day one, so that was good,” Cignetti said.

Last edited:
No shirt no shoes no service.
qsTMU_.gif

No dice!!!!

We've got a few shirt weeks until the start of college football.

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a season to start.
Does mention of 2016, Tom Allen’s first season help…our previous new head coaching hire?

I think the most excited I’ve been for a season to start was 1968-‘69 season. We won the BT and played in the Rose Bowl the previous season. With Butcher, Isenbarger and Gonso returning as juniors, another BIG season was anticipated. We finished it 6-4 overall, 4-3 in conference, tied for 5th place. Their senior year, 4-6 and 3-4, again tied for 5th, leading one to believe “The Spirit of ‘67” was an aberration.

Does mention of 2016, Tom Allen’s first season help…our previous new head coaching hire?

I think the most excited I’ve been for a season to start was 1968-‘69 season. We won the BT and played in the Rose Bowl the previous season. With Butcher, Isenbarger and Gonso returning as juniors, another BIG season was anticipated. We finished it 6-4 overall, 4-3 in conference, tied for 5th place. Their senior year, 4-6 and 3-4, again tied for 5th, leading one to believe “The Spirit of ‘67” was an aberration.

Damn that water was cold!!!

Have you kept that bucket out in your walk-in freezer out did just fill it at the local spring and top it off with some ice?

Give us a few more weeks of unbridled exuberance...

By the end of game 7 we'll know whether we've got a real Football Team or not (and then the Really tough part of the schedule begins...)....

Let us have at least a few more days of undefeated ecstasy...

Now I feel the need to go towel off and drink something warm (damn that water was Freezing[!]...)....

Damn that water was cold!!!

Have you kept that bucket out in your walk-in freezer out did just fill it at the local spring and top it off with some ice?

Give us a few more weeks of unbridled exuberance...

By the end of game 7 we'll know whether we've got a real Football Team or not (and then the Really tough part of the schedule begins...)....

Let us have at least a few more days of undefeated ecstasy...

Now I feel the need to go towel off and drink something warm (damn that water was Freezing[!]...)....
“Yeah, that water’s cold, but it ain’t too deep”, I said while zipping up my fly from the side of that bridge.

“Yeah, that water’s cold, but it ain’t too deep”, I said while zipping up my fly from the side of that bridge.

Well I know I'm not wading in the downstream flow of that water!

Ahh, better now, this hot tea hit the spot...

Now let's talk our averaging 63 points per game, while leading the country in "points allowed" at 3.5...

Hey..., a guy can dream can't he... And when you make those dreams Goals..., Great things can happen...

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/india...e-one-of-fall-camp-for-the-iu-team-234344134/

"Kidwell was out there," Cignetti said. "It was good to see. He was one of the best two linemen in the Sun Belt had he stayed healthy last year."

Cignetti said fall camp will be crucial for figuring out who will be the top reserves on the O-line behind the starters.

Cignetti said Ferrell was impressive in the spring and he carried that over to day one of fall camp.

"Solid spring, big future, expect big things from him," Cignetti said about Ferrell. "It looks like he's picked up where he left off. So excited about him."

Cignetti said Doss is someone that has made a very favorable impression in strength and conditioning workouts since arriving on campus a couple of months ago.

Well I know I'm not wading in the downstream flow of that water!

Ahh, better now, this hot tea hit the spot...

Now let's talk our averaging 63 points per game, while leading the country in "points allowed" at 3.5...

Hey..., a guy came dream can't he... And when you make those dreams Goals..., Great things can happen...
I think we should break 30 ppg

Both Jailin Walker & James Carpenter spoke well on video & both looked impressive from the summer S & C program of Derek Owings. BTW, Carpenter had nothing but praise for C. J. West as a defensive brother in the trenches.

Both Jailin Walker & James Carpenter spoke well on video & both looked impressive from the summer S & C program of Derek Owings. BTW, Carpenter had nothing but praise for C. J. West as a defensive brother in the trenches.
Yeah, I watched both a little while ago. Really like Walker's vibe.....seems like a kid that is always smiling and enjoying himself as he busts is butt. And Carpenter talking about the deep DL room. I assume he was only talking about the interior guys, but with who he mentioned it looks like the 2-deep for that will be himself, CJ West, Tyrique Tucker, Marcus Burris and Robby Harrison. At least as it stands now. Good stuff.

You forget the boycott that hit the team hard.

Super excited for this season. Especially after the last few. Program seems to be really energized with the new staff and strength coach. I think we've got some pretty damn good transfers as well. It's hard to bet against Vegas, but I think we're gonna get to seven wins.

You forget the boycott that hit the team hard.
Yes, and I think in the final analysis it was written off to the curse that is IU football. Here we were all set, having the hottest coach of the year, along with our core talent back and ready to prove it wasn’t a fluke, primed for recruiting dividends finally paying off after all this national exposure…then BOOM, the dynamite goes! A black player boycott and any hope for another stellar season, along with recruiting momentum, is gone.

At the end of that third season following the Rose Bowl, Pont switched allegiance to coach at Northwestern. It felt like a stab in the back. Next thing IU fans know, new coach Lee Corso is making his team’s stadium debut in a red, double-decker British bus driven onto the playing field. Corso leaps out in a red jump suit (only later to be described as a clown suit) and the Corso era begins with Rose Bowl glory too soon buried into distant past. Corso’s personality alone extended his coaching years here. Such is the way of IU football.

Does anybody know the full fall camp tour schedule with BTN? I thought Minnesota aired last night but it was just Howard Griffith and Dave Resvine. No Gerry.

With 18 schools to hit, they have to cram them in + travel to the West Coast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT