ADVERTISEMENT

Excitement...

Agreed. The Colts have kinda done the same thing in recent years. I never missed a game when Manning or Luck were playing, but Brissett and a washed up Rivers just isn’t exciting to watch.

for most my lifetime I would never miss a game and set my weeks around the schedule of our games. For me IU basketball has lost its excitement and I find myself not even tuning in to watch es anymore. Anyone else feel the same?
Yep. Watched last night like usual - while surfing my cell phone. During games I really am not passionate they way I used to be. I just expect to lose against good teams and/or close games.

Probably better for my health to keep it all in perspective. Having said that, post game I reached my limit for what IU Basketball has become. I'll monitor scores, but done watching until changes are made.

Bring on indiana baseball, soccer, and especially football.

Hell I'm pushing 60 .. Yell at the t.v.
Stayed up to 11:40 to watch it ..Up at 5 am.
I'd say I'm a hoops junkie still .Watch around 250 games on t.v.College / NBA ...And go to high school games all over the state.And attend IU & Pacers games when we could go..
I love the game as if I was ten..
Even with the state of affairs with this Hoosier team.
I'm ready for Iowa ~

Reactions: Brockway and kkott
Hell I'm pushing 60 .. Yell at the t.v.
Stayed up to 11:40 to watch it ..Up at 5 am.
I'd say I'm a hoops junkie still .Watch around 250 games on t.v.College / NBA ...And go to high school games all over the state.And attend IU & Pacers games when we could go..
I love the game as if I was ten..
Even with the state of affairs with this Hoosier team.
I'm ready for Iowa ~
Love the passion you still have but I don’t have it. I hate it but so be it. Iu basketball is dead

This version of IU hoops, Archie's version, sucks. It's that simple. It's time for a change, even if people are too blinded by $$$ to see it. IU basketball will continue to suck until they make a change. They might pay more money upfront to part with Archie, but they could gain it back with the right hire. Keeping him can and will hurt the bottom dollar long term. I think the majority have already jumped off the bandwagon.

I watch every IU game, but with little interest now. It is mainly on out of habit. I don't really care if they win or lose at this point. In fact, I'm shocked when they win. How sad has IU basketball become?

for most my lifetime I would never miss a game and set my weeks around the schedule of our games. For me IU basketball has lost its excitement and I find myself not even tuning in to watch es anymore. Anyone else feel the same?
Yes. I am there as well. Not as mad or passionate about a loss. Told my wife that I am not watching another game. Will record them and if they win, may go back and watch recording. But from a perspective of making plans around the game and committing to watch it, I am taking an indefinite leave of absence.

Pretty much. Even during the lean early years of Crean's tenure, I knew when the games were going to happen and I almost always made a point to be in front of a TV somewhere (if not in AH). I didn't harbor too many expectations of winning during that period, but I appreciated the efforts and at least felt optimistic about the future.

It's sad what has become of Indiana basketball. And maybe the worst part is that I don't have any optimism that better days are on the horizon. I'm sure there are people who do -- and bully for them to be able to maintain that. But I'm afraid it's a delusion.

for 9:00 weeknight tips, I used to brew a pot of coffee around 7:00 so I could stay up. Didn’t even bother last night and went to bed before it even started. Wise decision.

This version of IU hoops, Archie's version, sucks. It's that simple. It's time for a change, even if people are too blinded by $$$ to see it. IU basketball will continue to suck until they make a change. They might pay more money upfront to part with Archie, but they could gain it back with the right hire. Keeping him can and will hurt the bottom dollar long term. I think the majority have already jumped off the bandwagon.

I watch every IU game, but with little interest now. It is mainly on out of habit. I don't really care if they win or lose at this point. In fact, I'm shocked when they win. How sad has IU basketball become?
Yeah, I made changes to my cable package and just had Sling's basic package, so I was missing games on FS1 or B10Network. I could always walk down to a bar or watch at a friends, but honestly, I almost liked those few weeks without them... less frustration. Got them back for the Iowa game which was great, but not so the last 2. I've intentionally not watched a couple times this year and spent the evening with my girlfriend because I didn't want my mood to spoil her night too.

I'm right there with you. I haven't tuned into the past 3 games but even before that when I did watch, I was easily distracted because the Archie brand of basketball just doesn't reach out and grab you. I have vowed to not watch another game until we get a real coach that checks all the boxes and is proven at a Power 5 school. I can wish and hope I guess.

I'm with you...earlier this season I actually forgot a game...

I never miss a live IUFB game.

Yes, it was the ONLY reason I continued with cable for many, many years. Not worth it, gave up about 5 years ago and have been proven right. Even if they were winning, it's a really ugly brand of ball they are trying for, not fun to watch. We don't need this packline crap, we need talent. Watching this devolve just makes me ill

Reactions: OrlandoHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT