ADVERTISEMENT

Even the name Penn State....

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people who haven't really followed the Sandusky scandal and just read the headlines really aren't familiar with the facts. It is really about the one incident that McQuery witnessed and took to the university representatives in 2001. The 3 officials who received the info from MM consulted with an attorney [Wendell Courtney] and then decided to ban Sandusky from bringing Second Mile kids into PSU facilities and reported the incident to Jack Raykovitz, the Chairman of the Board of The Second Mile. After all, Jerry was their employee and the boy was one of theirs. The 14 year old boy, Allen Myers, has since said that nothing happened that night, but did at other times. He later had Sandusky stand with him on Senior Night for his HS football team. Not one person has ever said they were asked to keep it quiet, absolutely no evidence of a cover-up, just what was in hindsight, a bad decision. At any rate, it happened in 2001, 14 freaking years ago.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I think this horse has been beaten to death! Talk football! This IU fan looks forward to the game

A lot of people who haven't really followed the Sandusky scandal and just read the headlines really aren't familiar with the facts. It is really about the one incident that McQuery witnessed and took to the university representatives in 2001. The 3 officials who received the info from MM consulted with an attorney [Wendell Courtney] and then decided to ban Sandusky from bringing Second Mile kids into PSU facilities and reported the incident to Jack Raykovitz, the Chairman of the Board of The Second Mile. After all, Jerry was their employee and the boy was one of theirs. The 14 year old boy, Allen Myers, has since said that nothing happened that night, but did at other times. He later had Sandusky stand with him on Senior Night for his HS football team. Not one person has ever said they were asked to keep it quiet, absolutely no evidence of a cover-up, just what was in hindsight, a bad decision. At any rate, it happened in 2001, 14 freaking years ago.

So, are you actually saying that no one did anything wrong? Holy Cow.

Reactions: Joe Pa Thetic
...makes me angry. I have to admit I still have a HUGE chip on my shoulder the way the university handled the whole Jerry Sandusky situation. I still believe they should have been kicked completely out of college athletics.
I hope we beat them mercilessly!
You're entitled to want to beat us mercilessly. That's what a good fan does. But please don't believe all that you've heard in the media or even from Penn State regarding the Sandusky scandal. Please read this OpEd posted earlier this week.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...-on-the-second-miles-decision-making,1465648/

Bruce Heim was vice chair of the board of directors of Sandusky's charity. The charity was under the supervision of the PA Office of Attorney General, not PSU. The suggestion that Penn State administrators "covered up" anything is absurd in light of the fact that they reported what was admittedly a nondescript incident to the charity who was overseen by a licensed child psychologist. Even the state had cleared him numerous times via investigation and allowed him to be a foster and adoptive parent. Joe, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz and Graham Spanier ALL followed, or exceeded, the law and university policy in the way the 2001 incident was reported. The media hasn't told you that.

Good luck to you and your Hoosiers tomorrow in Beaver Stadium. I hope PSU welcomes all who attend with opened arms.

Reactions: RCotto18

There you go...all sanitized.

You know, every time people think of Penn State, they think of the Sandusky child sex scandal. What a reputation to have across the country... I've always thought a very appropriate punishment for these crimes would be the death penalty for the football program up there.

How Penn State survived such heinous crimes being acted out in the showers of their football locker room is unbelievable to many outsiders...

You know, every time people think of Penn State, they think of the Sandusky child sex scandal. What a reputation to have across the country... I've always thought a very appropriate punishment for these crimes would be the death penalty for the football program up there.

How Penn State survived such heinous crimes being acted out in the showers of their football locker room is unbelievable to many outsiders...
Again, you haven't really followed the true facts in the case. The story lies with The Second Mile and the broken child welfare system in PA, not at PSU. You can believe what you want. Just ask yourself it your belief is based on truth or a desire to find a good reason to hate PSU football. If it's the latter, you might have some soul searching to do.

Reactions: RCotto18
It's obvious you're ignorant of the facts, as you've admitted as much. Why continue to discuss something you know little about?

So what are the "facts"? From reading those that are "informed" on bwi, it appears Paterno was just a old man who didn't understand what sex with a man was. Depending on who is talking on that site it's either the evil former governor, the evil BOT that for some reason hired a former fbi director to do a hatchet job on Paterno (not sure why the former fbi director is going along with this or why the bot at the school is doing this), or the best is that Sandusky is really innocent, thou there is also something about a Sandusky sex tape that somehow ties to Herm Edwards (yes that Herm Edwards)? I look forward to what you have to add to the above.

Again, you haven't really followed the true facts in the case. The story lies with The Second Mile and the broken child welfare system in PA, not at PSU. You can believe what you want. Just ask yourself it your belief is based on truth or a desire to find a good reason to hate PSU football. If it's the latter, you might have some soul searching to do.

Yeah, because had the most beloved and powerful man in the state gone to the police with this they would have ignored him. You sir are squarely in category 2. We get it.

So what are the "facts"? From reading those that are "informed" on bwi, it appears Paterno was just a old man who didn't understand what sex with a man was. Depending on who is talking on that site it's either the evil former governor, the evil BOT that for some reason hired a former fbi director to do a hatchet job on Paterno (not sure why the former fbi director is going along with this or why the bot at the school is doing this), or the best is that Sandusky is really innocent, thou there is also something about a Sandusky sex tape that somehow ties to Herm Edwards (yes that Herm Edwards)? I look forward to what you have to add to the above.
Much of people's indignation directed at PSU is based on the wildly unreliable remembrances of Mike McQueary, who was so disturbed by what he claimed he saw in the locker room shower that night that he left a defenseless child in the hands of a felonious abuser (while the abuse was occurring). He didn't intervene, he didn't call the cops, he just left. When he told his father and a family friend (a required reporter, under Pennsylvania law) that night, neither of them called the cops, either. They suggested he talk to JoePa the next day. That's it.

So, based on that, you and others believe PSU should have known conclusively what Sandusky was doing. By the way, it was the same Sandusky who had not been arrested, prosecuted or even prevented from adopting children in spite of the scrutiny of police, state's attorney's and child welfare professionals. Yet PSU should have known and acted even though none of those agencies knew or acted.

Yet most people are blissfully ignorant of those facts, preferring instead to create their own version of events, however incorrect it might be.

...makes me angry. I have to admit I still have a HUGE chip on my shoulder the way the university handled the whole Jerry Sandusky situation. I still believe they should have been kicked completely out of college athletics.
I hope we beat them mercilessly!
You are an absolute idiot! Your years of mediocrity in football has your thinking all screwed up! Didn't Jarod go to Indiana? It's the sick disgusting person who is at fault! The number one problem in this country are people like you who are angry for all the wrong reasons and pass the buck onto someone else that you are jealous of or don't like! Man up! If you really truly care about the victims, then don't make jokes about others at the expense of the victims!!!!

You clowns have no idea of what was or is!! All your "intelligence" comes from hate and your past and current history of being at the bottom of the BIG in sport after sport!!

Quit embarrassing yourselves1

Sandusky was a monster though, the admin knew it, and they did what they could to cover it up. To me, that is where the real shame lies for the PSU crowd.

On what do you base this opinion? None of these admins have been convicted of a crime. The Freeh report, and Freeh's reputation have been ripped to shreds. Do you have some insider info?

So you honestly believe multiple people, at least one an abuse victim himself, decided that football was more important than the welfare of children? Despite the fact that there was no need to cover up for an ex-employee that no one particularly liked? Turning in Sandusky only results in GOOD publicity... THINK!

By the way, Penn St. Recruiting class is number 4 on ESPN! Just thought you would like to know!

Yeah, because had the most beloved and powerful man in the state gone to the police with this they would have ignored him. You sir are squarely in category 2. We get it.
I am not a sir, and you are surely showing your ignorance but, ok. If Joe was so powerful, how did he get fired? I will always take the high road.so I do wish you good luck tomorrow.

You are an absolute idiot! Your years of mediocrity in football has your thinking all screwed up! Didn't Jarod go to Indiana? It's the sick disgusting person who is at fault! The number one problem in this country are people like you who are angry for all the wrong reasons and pass the buck onto someone else that you are jealous of or don't like! Man up! If you really truly care about the victims, then don't make jokes about others at the expense of the victims!!!!

So a losing football team makes a person dishonest? Wow. Penn Sate fans are not doing themselves any favors in this thread.

So a losing football team makes a person dishonest? Wow. Penn Sate fans are not doing themselves any favors in this thread.

That is a bit of a stretch, no?

If any of you would do yourself the favor of actually investigating the Sandusky mess, you'd know that it didn't have anything to do with football. Be better than that, I expect more from the Hoosiers and other conference brethren.

Unfortunately, most of the Indiana fans seem to be matching them.

It's ugly all the way around but Indiana didn't have a child rapist in the locker room and there are Penn State fans denying that he even did anything wrong. If there's a moral high ground, Penn State fans definitely don't hold it. If I was them, I'd just shut up.

That is a bit of a stretch, no?

If any of you would do yourself the favor of actually investigating the Sandusky mess, you'd know that it didn't have anything to do with football. Be better than that, I expect more from the Hoosiers and other conference brethren.

I haven't said a word about the scandal and I don't care what you think anyway.. What I do know is that every time I want to give Penn State fans the benefit of the doubt, they show me why I shouldn't.

I haven't said a word about the scandal and I don't care what you think anyway.. What I do know is that every time I want to give Penn State fans the benefit of the doubt, they show me why I shouldn't.

REALLY??? YOU haven't said a WORD about this 'SCANDAL'?

HERE is YOUR QUOTE....

'It's ugly all the way around but Indiana didn't have a child rapist in the locker room'

Seriously, get a grip and put down the bong.

REALLY??? YOU haven't said a WORD about this 'SCANDAL'?

HERE is YOUR QUOTE....

'It's ugly all the way around but Indiana didn't have a child rapist in the locker room'

Seriously, get a grip and put down the bong.

I just cited a fact. I haven't discussed anything else about it, nor do I intend to. And it isn't just Indiana fans who feel this way. It's 99% of people who aren't Penn State fans. The fact that you all feel the continual need to run around and defend it says everything. If no one did anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

I just cited a fact. I haven't discussed anything else about it, nor do I intend to. And it isn't just Indiana fans who feel this way. It's 99% of people who aren't Penn State fans. The fact that you all feel the continual need to run around and defend it says everything. If no one did anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
Sure thing, Skippy. Have fun getting your ass handed to you tomorrow.

I guess ignorance is bliss. If you don't want to educate yourself, there is nothing I can do for you.

To the folks visiting for the game, have fun and enjoy yourself. There are few places better than State College on a fall Saturday.

It's ugly all the way around but Indiana didn't have a child rapist in the locker room and there are Penn State fans denying that he even did anything wrong. If there's a moral high ground, Penn State fans definitely don't hold it. If I was them, I'd just shut up.

Your assessment is poor.

Do you really think four men "knew" precisely what Sandusky was doing, and covered it up in the name of "football". It's preposterous. Ridiculous. One man might be able to pull off such a cover up, but FOUR? All came to light some 10 years later when the Grand Jury presentment was released. Only then did everyone "know" what they were dealing with 10 years prior. Most think this nifty grand jury presentment was readily available 10 years prior.......... Hey, I'll tell you what. I will give you Houston +6 for $1000 on yesterday's game.........

The bottom line is that no one really knew what the "F" Sandusky was doing. Not Penn State, Not his employer, The Second Mile, not the local and state governments. The man is a pedophile. His act is to build confidence to cover his abuse, and he did it well.

Did PSU miss an opportunity? Yes. Of course. Many did. Two government agencies gave Sandusky a pass in 1998. His employer in 2001 gave him a pass.

To blame PSU for the entirety of this pedophile's existence is minimally disingenuous, but hey, that was the script agreed to with Louie.... That F'er needs his other eye poked out.

Sure thing, Skippy. Have fun getting your ass handed to you tomorrow.

I guess ignorance is bliss. If you don't want to educate yourself, there is nothing I can do for you.

To the folks visiting for the game, have fun and enjoy yourself. There are few places better than State College on a fall Saturday.

You have no idea what I know or what I think about it.

Again, if no one did anything wrong, you have no reason to care what anyone else thinks. Your massive insecurity and anger says all I need to know.

Again, if no one did anything wrong, you have no reason to care what anyone else thinks. Your massive insecurity and anger says all I need to know.
You don't know SHIT. From your posts I can clearly see that. Have a nice evening.

Your assessment is poor.

Do you really think four men "knew" precisely what Sandusky was doing, and covered it up in the name of "football". It's preposterous. Ridiculous. One man might be able to pull off such a cover up, but FOUR? All came to light some 10 years later when the Grand Jury presentment was released. Only then did everyone "know" what they were dealing with 10 years prior. Most think this nifty grand jury presentment was readily available 10 years prior.......... Hey, I'll tell you what. I will give you Houston +6 for $1000 on yesterday's game.........

The bottom line is that no one really knew what the "F" Sandusky was doing. Not Penn State, Not his employer, The Second Mile, not the local and state governments. The man is a pedophile. His act is to build confidence to cover his abuse, and he did it well.

Did PSU miss an opportunity? Yes. Of course. Many did. Two government agencies gave Sandusky a pass in 1998. His employer in 2001 gave him a pass.

To blame PSU for the entirety of this pedophile's existence is minimally disingenuous, but hey, that was the script agreed to with Louie.... That F'er needs his other eye poked out.

I didn't give an assessment. Sandusky is a child rapist and he was in your locker room. That is a fact an that's all I said.

As I said to the other guy, your insecurity and anger says everything.

It is a minuscule percentage of PSU fans who deny that Sandusky abused children (where those acts occurred in the locker room or not), but it's a much larger percentage of Indiana (and other school's) fans who have an incredibly uninformed perspective of what did and did not happen, and they seem to believe that inventing versions of what occurred is somehow permissible given the horrific nature of Sandusky's crimes. So, the immorality seems to be spread quite liberally.

Just a thought! How many of you know what your co-workers are doing off the clock! How many of you babysit your Co-workers? People have worked with serial killers and violent rapist and have never in a million years thought they would do this! You can't sit here and say this person knew this and this person knew that!

Reactions: pandaczar12

Well, you've demonstrated pretty conclusively that you're largely ignorant on this matter, and your defiance in spite of that is interesting, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT