ADVERTISEMENT

@ Evansville tonight

I watched on ESPN+ and UE is much better and could win the Missouri Valley. They are very much on level with a bottom Big Ten team like NW or Wiscy.

With that said this match played out like so many others this year where IU scored early than gave up equalizer early in second half because of an egregious error where goalie came way to far out of net and UE forward went around him for easy goal. If he stayed in net as he should have the defense easily catches up and nearly did. The goalkeeping is atrocious this year and singlehandedly the reason the Hoosiers have had a decent season that is slightly below standards and a typical one where you spend entire season in top 10-15 if not higher. A normal goalie at IU (or in this case the platoon of our two goalies) makes every save he should and a few spectacular ones each season. This season not a single great save has been made and a few softer goals have occurred as well like tonight.

Goalie has to be addressed in offseason by whatever means necessary whether it be the recruit from Fort Wayne coming in and being ready from get go or the portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeddyHoosier
Sigh…chances are slipping away
Chances of what are slipping away?

This match is disappointing and goalkeeping this season has been some of the worst in IU history, but win, lose, or draw tonight team is in exactly the same position it was before the game.

Before tonight team was solidly in the NCAA Tournament but likely to not get a top 16 seed and bye for third time since the 2000's began. After tonight that remains the same and would have regardless of result.

Going into the game, IU needed a win over Maryland and an OSU loss or draw to clinch a share of the Big Ten Title. After the match ended this remains the same heading into Sunday.

The results have not been up to IU standards (although still at a place that most non-elite program would kill for), but nothing tonight changes where this season could ultimately end up.

Sunday against Maryland, Big Ten Tourney, than NCAA Tourney will determine exactly how this year is looked back upon. With way team is playing the answer may very well not be what we like, but they have the talent to achieve anything in postseason. Nothing tonight changes that.

I watched on ESPN+ and UE is much better and could win the Missouri Valley. They are very much on level with a bottom Big Ten team like NW or Wiscy.

With that said this match played out like so many others this year where IU scored early than gave up equalizer early in second half because of an egregious error where goalie came way to far out of net and UE forward went around him for easy goal. If he stayed in net as he should have the defense easily catches up and nearly did. The goalkeeping is atrocious this year and singlehandedly the reason the Hoosiers have had a decent season that is slightly below standards and a typical one where you spend entire season in top 10-15 if not higher. A normal goalie at IU (or in this case the platoon of our two goalies) makes every save he should and a few spectacular ones each season. This season not a single great save has been made and a few softer goals have occurred as well like tonight.

Goalie has to be addressed in offseason by whatever means necessary whether it be the recruit from Fort Wayne coming in and being ready from get go or the portal.
Thanks-that is disappointing to hear about the GK situation. I guess it's like the quarterback position in football-they always say if you have 2 QBs, you don't have any. In the UK game, Pratt started in goal and had 0 saves-that's right-every shot on goal by UK found the back of the net. Harms was 2nd or 3rd string at Duke and doesn't sound much better.

Chances of what are slipping away?

This match is disappointing and goalkeeping this season has been some of the worst in IU history, but win, lose, or draw tonight team is in exactly the same position it was before the game.

Before tonight team was solidly in the NCAA Tournament but likely to not get a top 16 seed and bye for third time since the 2000's began. After tonight that remains the same and would have regardless of result.

Going into the game, IU needed a win over Maryland and an OSU loss or draw to clinch a share of the Big Ten Title. After the match ended this remains the same heading into Sunday.

The results have not been up to IU standards (although still at a place that most non-elite program would kill for), but nothing tonight changes where this season could ultimately end up.

Sunday against Maryland, Big Ten Tourney, than NCAA Tourney will determine exactly how this year is looked back upon. With way team is playing the answer may very well not be what we like, but they have the talent to achieve anything in postseason. Nothing tonight changes that.
I think Ohio State will beat Wisky Sunday and win the regular season outright, which wouldn't upset me too much because Mais is probably my all-time favorite IU soccer player.

Did you end up going? If so, give us your analysis please. IU bad or UE just much better than years past?
I was not able to make it since the roads were bad where I live and I need to get new tires too lol. However, I did watch the ESPN+ broadcast and there were multiple scoring chances for IU literally in front of the goal, but they never connected. In my opinion, this should’ve been a 3-1 or a 3-0 game, as UE’s lone goal shouldn’t have happened. Since Haarms was wayyyy out of from the box. Here is the video:

It felt like a bad game to me, also our 18 year streak ended too with the draw. It was just not a great night for IUMS, on the bright side, this doesn’t affect the B10 title. Hopefully the team can figure out something since a National seed is looking slim. Regarding UE, this is their best team in 20 years and defended well in the backfield in the 2H. like above, UE can win the MVC

Like I said on BTown, Another day, another tie..wish these ties resulted in wins, but that’s just my opinion

Missouri State is in the Valley. Cream of that conference and a really strong program the last five years.

Thanks for the video-what an awful way to give up a goal. Much like Pratt in the Wisconsin game.
The Pratt one was PSU but yes same idea. This one was much more egregious though with two defenders running stride for stride with the scorer and Harms came much further out than Pratt ever did.

A goalie should always stay in net and try to save it like a PK on a one vs one breakaway like that. I can recall the Hoosiers saving two that way in the past over the years. Coming out (especially that far) never ends well. The opposing player on the breakaway may score anyways but goalie will always give himself the best chance if he stays in net and tries to save the shot that way rather than coming off their line so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT