ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Heisman mid season watch list is updated

Sure was, Runner-up to Andre Ware.
It’s been said that losing the Bucket Game that year may have cost us a Heisman Trophy winner, in addition to our penciled in Freedom Bowl bid. The final home game finished AT’s season with 1,793 rushing yards and 24 TD’s. He was the top vote getter on the ‘89 Walter Camp AA team and its only repeat selection. We lost the game 15-14. Purdue didn’t take the lead until making an 32 yd FG with only 2:51 left. “We” missed a 26 yd FG with 1:29 left. It is probably our most tragic Bucket Game loss. I was there to witness the gut-wrencher.

It’s been said that losing the Bucket Game that year may have cost us a Heisman Trophy winner, in addition to our penciled in Freedom Bowl bid. The final home game finished AT’s season with 1,793 rushing yards and 24 TD’s. He was the top vote getter on the ‘89 Walter Camp AA team and its only repeat selection. We lost the game 15-14. Purdue didn’t take the lead until making an 32 yd FG with only 2:51 left. “We” missed a 26 yd FG with 1:29 left. It is probably our most tragic Bucket Game loss. I was there to witness the gut-wrencher.
I was also at that game 😭 AT took the final kickoff deep into PU territory and then we missed that game winning FG 😢

I was also at that game 😭 AT took the final kickoff deep into PU territory and then we missed that game winning FG 😢
I won’t mention the kicker’s name…we all *uck up, but I imagine the chip shot miss still haunts him to this day, as it might AT. Insert the Bee Gees’s song, “Tragedy” for full remorse.

I had forgotten how it was we were in position so quickly to possibly score. If AT had managed to break that one for a TD, Heisman for sure with ESPN highlight exposure, along with a nationally viewed Freedom Bowl date. It wasn’t our fate.

I won’t mention the kicker’s name…we all *uck up, but I imagine the chip shot miss still haunts him to this day, as it might AT. Insert the Bee Gees’s song, “Tragedy” for full remorse.

I had forgotten how it was we were in position so quickly to possibly score. If AT had managed to break that one for a TD, Heisman for sure with ESPN highlight exposure, along with a nationally viewed Freedom Bowl date. It wasn’t our fate.
I was only 13 or 14, and with my pops. After that miss a few fights broke out around us and we hustled out of there. PU fans got really mouthy and a few IU fans decided a win in the stands was better than watching the loss on the field at that point. I remember 1 PU fan getting pummeled. Rule #1 of fighting in a stadium: Never fight with the row behind you because they have the upper ground!

• Haha
Reactions: red hornet
Jeanty from BSU is a downhill bowling ball..
No one can tackle him..Even Saban was gushing over him last week on college game day.
If he's healthy all yr.
He'll strike the pose...
I hadn't really seen anything of that Jeanty kid before. I just watched highlights from the last two years, including him just decimating Oregon's D this year. Holy crap. That kid's going to be striking the pose on stage at the end of the year, if he even remotely keeps this up. What a talent!

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT