ADVERTISEMENT

Edey is just tall!

Thanks for all of the witty banter boys - I have really learned quite a bit. Let’s see I now know the new talking point is hang a banner or STFU - a slight change from Purdue and Painter will never get to the Final Four but predictable and valid. I’ve also learned you have very short memories. A self proclaimed message board tough guy started the original “Edey is just Tall” thread on this very site. I didn’t start it - an IU fan did. So when you say nobody gives a shit about Edey you are either lying or smoking too much weed and already forgot. Presenting some evidence - yes admittedly weak - of him making some unguarded threes at the combine - sends this board into nuclear mode. Why? Because self proclaimed tough guy’s original post could be flawed, because you want to see a Purdue guy fail, or you don’t know any other way to act? So a post that isn’t anti IU in any way - I didn’t come on here and say IU has been mediocre for most of your life times - garners a ton of STFU, GFY and I hope you get beat up in front of your son at an IU game. It’s all good because I can take care of myself but I find it interesting what people will say behind a keyboard with no repercussions and all from a post of Edey making some outside shots. Final point - lighten up - you all act like this message board actually means something important. It doesn’t. I can see that for some of you it’s sadly your entire life but being angry and stressed is bad for your health.
TL;DR

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Come back when he drains 3’s while being guarded in a game situation.
1. They really weren't "moving" in that drill. They were meandering from spot to spot, then shooting spot up 3's. It was basically a glorified shoot around.

2. The numbers vary, but its a pretty widely held belief that you shouldn't consider yourself a high level shooter if you can't hit 70+ percent of any certain type of perimeter shot, while being un guarded. So, can Edey hit 70/100 threes unguarded? That answer is almost certainly no.

3. Edey's shot is solid. There was no practical reason for him to ever shoot the ball outside about 5 feet at Purdue. But he was a very solid free throw shooter, its not surprising that he can hit some stand still 3s in that setting.

1. They really weren't "moving" in that drill. They were meandering from spot to spot, then shooting spot up 3's. It was basically a glorified shoot around.

2. The numbers vary, but its a pretty widely held belief that you shouldn't consider yourself a high level shooter if you can't hit 70+ percent of any certain type of perimeter shot, while being un guarded. So, can Edey hit 70/100 threes unguarded? That answer is almost certainly no.

3. Edey's shot is solid. There was no practical reason for him to ever shoot the ball outside about 5 feet at Purdue. But he was a very solid free throw shooter, its not surprising that he can hit some stand still 3s in that setting.
His release is slooooooow.

Reactions: nichlee
Wish you guys luck next year - we are about to see if the model of buying a team is better than building a team. I think both teams will be pretty good honestly but I still suspect building a team is the way to go. We shall see which model is the correct one in this new NIL shit show
It's not whether or not it's a good way, its whether or not it's the only way.

His release is slooooooow.
He's 7'4...doesn't matter nearly as much how fast his release is. Jokic shot is slow too. ***disclaimer...Edey is no Jokic. But they're both tall, so the slower motion isn't as big a deal.***

If he ends up taking outside shots, nearly all of them will be wide open on pick and pops, he won't need all that quick a motion or release.

Reactions: kkott and Bill4411
This board is for champions..

IU, MSU, UCLA, Oregon, Michigan, Maryland, Wisconsin and Ohio St fans are respected here as equals (lol)... This is not the board for second rate broke ass programs like Purdue .. we will not validate you .. you will not find the thing you desire more than anything because we only respect champions.. and Purdue isn't one. When the lights got bright y'all pissed down your own legs, again ... so typical.

Hang a banner or STFU...

Go talk shit to Iowa, Rutgers and Minnesota fans ,.. maybe they'll validate your fanhood ... or better yet Illinois has a fake championship too. You have that in common. Go flex on them .. you can swing your fake championships in each others faces and argue about whose is better..
This is just dumb. More to the point - idiotic.

Let’s take Minnesota Einstein. They have won seven national football championships. And you know what the Minnesota students share withe the Indiana students? Certainly no Minnesota students were even alive when the Gophers won a banner. And no Indiana students under 37 years age were alive when Keith Smart got that pass from Daryl Thomas.

Were you even alive then? Board of champions? What a loser!

Last edited:
This is just dumb. More to the point - idiotic.

Let’s take Minnesota Einstein. They have won seven national football championships. And you know what the Minnesota students share withe the Indiana students? Certainly no Minnesota students were even alive when the Gophers won a banner. And no Indiana students under 37 years age were alive when Keith Smart got that pass from Daryl Thomas.

Were you even alive then? Board of champions? What a loser!
It's called shit talk, dumb ass.. in jest. Now go pull that giant self inserted stick out of your feeble old ass, sit down and STFU before you hurt yourself..

lol ....... Clueless MF

Last edited:
It's called shit talk, dumb ass.. in jest. Now go pull that giant self inserted stick out of your feeble old ass, sit down and STFU before you hurt yourself..

lol ....... Clueless MF
Tuff day today I was in need of a a good laugh tonight and just got one!

Wtf are you talking about. You haven’t offered an intelligent talking point yet. You started a thread showing Edey making a bunch of uncontested 3 pointers in a shoot around and have now pivoted to Edey’s longevity in the league being dependent on making mid-range shots.
That was shooting at the combine where he ranked higher than everyone but Clongon

That was shooting at the combine where he ranked higher than everyone but Clongon
Fantastic. Now let me know when he can shoot in a game setting.

Same offer that was given to Saratoga is being extended to you: No more posting here until Edey hits 15 or more career 3's in the NBA. It's put up or shut up. sick of you Purdue douchebags running your mouth on an IU site.

Reactions: 76-1
Fantastic. Now let me know when he can shoot in a game setting.

Same offer that was given to Saratoga is being extended to you: No more posting here until Edey hits 15 or more career 3's in the NBA. It's put up or shut up. sick of you Purdue douchebags running your mouth on an IU site.
so stop starting stupid threads like your original one

And don’t worry this is my final post - good luck to Ware in the NBA - hope he is successful and makes a ton of money. You see it’s easy!
Just couldnt keep your word. Had to crawl out of that whole again sometime. Finally find time to go to the library and get on the computer? And just had to go back to theHoosier.com sight to stir up some more trouble. Weirdo

You guys are really funny - you act like a message board is some sacred ground. Go back and read Indy’s original thread and tell me who has the lurch problem. And its hole not whole - JFC speaking of library

Last edited:
I will go back into my whole until Edey gets drafted in the first round. Which means absolutely nothing until he proves he can play with the “tall” boys!

NBA is already putting out promotional shirts for the 3-point phenom.
When he drains the 3s, his catchphrase is:

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Wish you guys luck next year - we are about to see if the model of buying a team is better than building a team. I think both teams will be pretty good honestly but I still suspect building a team is the way to go. We shall see which model is the correct one in this new NIL shit show
UCONN answered this question for you on April 8th

Reactions: Sonap
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT