ADVERTISEMENT

Edey First Pitch at Cubs Game

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
National news outlet calls Edey's first pitch putrid at the Cubs game

This after time after time, we had to hear the regurgitation and penile slurping of how he was great at baseball, loved baseball, baseball was his best sport growing up.... All BS.

Purdue star, NBA Draft prospect Zach Edey throws putrid first pitch at Cubs game

This after time after time, we had to hear the regurgitation and penile slurping of how he was great at baseball, loved baseball, baseball was his best sport growing up.... All BS.

Purdue star, NBA Draft prospect Zach Edey throws putrid first pitch at Cubs game

I remember seeing some other bball players do a first pitch and they couldn't throw for sh*t. Used to be athletes played every sport, but I think these top level guys are specializing so early they aren't even competent at other normal sporting skills.

To be fair...its very obvious watching the clip that Edey has played baseball before. Mechanically his throwing motion is too good for him to not have played baseball before.

He tried to throw it too hard, and the ball got stuck in his hand a little bit.

Its also very possible he was either high or drunk...if stories I've heard about how he conducts himself off the court are true (they are...)

Can you imagine how large a guy like him would look on the mound? Also if he could pitch and throw a major league fast ball it would be coming down hill.

To be fair...its very obvious watching the clip that Edey has played baseball before. Mechanically his throwing motion is too good for him to not have played baseball before.

He tried to throw it too hard, and the ball got stuck in his hand a little bit.

Its also very possible he was either high or drunk...if stories I've heard about how he conducts himself off the court are true (they are...)
Never heard that before, but you’ve hooked me. Whatcha got?

Reactions: zeke4ahs

If Edey pitched in the Big 10, every pitch would be a strike and he could bean players all day if he wanted without getting tossed.

Maybe I'm not quite as obsessed as I am supposed to be with running down someone because of connections to Purdue, but I can't figure out how you figured out it was 'all BS' from one exhibition throw?

Maybe he loves baseball, maybe he was pretty good in high school, and maybe he made a bad throw.

To me that's the Occam's razor explanation,

Reactions: tbird2017
Maybe I'm not quite as obsessed as I am supposed to be with running down someone because of connections to Purdue, but I can't figure out how you figured out it was 'all BS' from one exhibition throw?

Maybe he loves baseball, maybe he was pretty good in high school, and maybe he made a bad throw.

To me that's the Occam's razor explanation,
Finally saw it... :D Holy cow a stick in the hand bad throw. lol

There was a story that manager Casey Stengel was mad his guys overthrew the cutoff man a couple times. So he gathered the outfielders, told them to keep the ball down, showed the proper grip on the ball, to keep it down. Then he reared back and made the throw in to the cutoff man, straight down off of his own foot. "Now that's how you keep the ball down" he said.

You know the 2 fastest 1st pitches thrown in history?

#2 Collin Kaperknick hit 85 mph

#1 Ichiro threw one closer to 90 mph.

Reactions: kkott
I went to a small school and so bball players meant you played both sports and same coach for both but I think he drank more during basketball season. His favorite line was -rub some dirt on it and play ball. He got clocked in the nose one time that spread his nose over his face and was spitting solid blood. Someone pointed out-rub some dirt on it and play ball. Our ace starting pitcher was pretty good and a good athlete but the guy was a bad shooter.

Average height of a major league pitchers is almost 6’ 3” this season. Jon Rauch tallest starting pitcher ever at 6’11”.

I couldn’t believe Ohtani’s best friend/translator stole over $16 million to pay off gambling debts. When lack of preparation meets opportunity.

Last edited:
Never heard that before, but you’ve hooked me. Whatcha got?
Nothing too exciting...he likes to have fun like a normal college kid. From the stories I heard, there was probably a little bit of "look the other way" going on, at times. Because he was a very regular indulger. But no specific crazy or out of hand stories.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Nothing too exciting...he likes to have fun like a normal college kid. From the stories I heard, there was probably a little bit of "look the other way" going on, at times. Because he was a very regular indulger. But no specific crazy or out of hand stories.
Another reason Toronto good landing place for him.

6'9" I think
Meet you half way at 6'10". Had to look it up. This article say he had the wingspan of a pterodactyl.

I think gibson was the most intimidating pitcher I ever seen but Johnson was up there. Can you imagine walking to the mound to take out Gibson in today's version of baseball because he reached a pitch count.

Meet you half way at 6'10". Had to look it up. This article say he had the wingspan of a pterodactyl.

I think gibson was the most intimidating pitcher I ever seen but Johnson was up there. Can you imagine walking to the mound to take out Gibson in today's version of baseball because he reached a pitch count.
They stopped inviting Gibson to the old timers game because he threw too hard and threw inside. Heh.

I saw him pitch a game with the Indians before getting called up to Montreal and thought he looked like a Daddy long leg spider on the mound.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

Following the pitch, the catcher was then called for a foul and Edey shot FTs until the end of the third inning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT