ADVERTISEMENT

Earthquake in Northern California

IUNorth

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2002
Some fears that there might be a bigger one coming.

Its about damn time Republicans got off their asses and created some targeted natural disasters!!!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Sorry. No money for them. It all went to ukraine.
Brilliant strategery from the GOP operatives then! Tickling the tectonic plates right before the election?! Those liberals in Northern California, and all those liberal tech companies...wooooo weeeeee, they're not even gonna be able to vote!

Ironically, tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the Loma Prieta Earthquake. This is the one that struck just before the start of the Giants-A's World Series game. It measured 6.9 on the Richter scale and resulted in 63 deaths. Most were crushed the freeway collapse in Oakland.
I was living out there at the time. No power or phone lines for 3-4 days.

• Sad
Reactions: All4You
Ironically, tomorrow is the 25th anniversary of the Loma Prieta Earthquake. This is the one that struck just before the start of the Giants-A's World Series game. It measured 6.9 on the Richter scale and resulted in 63 deaths. Most were crushed the freeway collapse in Oakland.
that was 89. i was at a warehouse party in san fran in the late 90s and i was talking to this chick and somehow it came up. anyway she was at soccer practice when it hit and she said the field started making waves. always stuck with me

that was 89. i was at a warehouse party in san fran in the late 90s and i was talking to this chick and somehow it came up. anyway she was at soccer practice when it hit and she said the field started making waves. always stuck with me
I was talking to an IU alum, at the VERY moment it hit, about IU Football--not making this up. I was inside at the time and it had a long jerky back and forth motion. Then, every fire alarm on campus went off (was working at Stanford)--very LOUD. Since power and communications were out, we didn't really know what was going on elsewhere.

One kinda funny thing was that one of my groundsmen was on a very large noisy mower and did not know it was a quake. He simply thought his mower hit something, so he looked back, didn't see anything, and then kept mowing.

Some fears that there might be a bigger one coming.

Its about damn time Republicans got off their asses and created some targeted natural disasters!!!
Nope. This is still the Democrats fault. Everything north of Sacramento is mostly Republican territory.

35th, not 25th

It was 1989.

I was at IU at the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT