ADVERTISEMENT

E-learning will be the death of me

Baller23Boogie

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2008
School got canceled today so we have e-learning, which is horrible.

With my youngest being in 6th grade now and it being a Wednesday, she's got every flipping class today.

Shoot me in the face. I told her if she doesn't understand something, she needs to tell the teacher before her google meet is done or she better start emailing them.

I'm gonna get stuck doing this all day.

• Sad
Reactions: BradStevens
School got canceled today so we have e-learning, which is horrible.

With my youngest being in 6th grade now and it being a Wednesday, she's got every flipping class today.

Shoot me in the face. I told her if she doesn't understand something, she needs to tell the teacher before her google meet is done or she better start emailing them.

I'm gonna get stuck doing this all day.
let's turn this political. the insanity of school closures, online learning, and masks at school are why i won't vote dem for any state/county office. online learning was a disaster

Indiana is run by Republicans and we had all those things.
All states had it to some degree but it was a whole hell of a lot worse on the west coast and New England. It was very short here in Georgia. I love B Kemp as our governor. Another reason I detest Trump is the way he’s treated him for actually obeying the law in regards to the “stolen election”

Reactions: UncleMark
All states had it to some degree but it was a whole hell of a lot worse on the west coast and New England. It was very short here in Georgia. I love B Kemp as our governor. Another reason I detest Trump is the way he’s treated him for actually obeying the law in regards to the “stolen election”

The elementary schools here were brutal.

They had to have masks on when on the bus. Had to have masks if they weren't at their desks, which were some feet away from each other. Couldn't go to gym, art, music ect. Lunch was eaten in their classroom.

If a kid in the household got sick and had a fever of any kind, every kid in that home had to stay home (happened to us). They were out until a negative covid test from the docs office for every kid in the home or 10 days, whichever was first. My middle kid, who had the fever, went back to school before my youngest because we took her into the doc to make sure she didn't have it. We weren't paying for another doc visit/covid test when our little didn't even have the sniffles.

The elementary schools here were brutal.

They had to have masks on when on the bus. Had to have masks if they weren't at their desks, which were some feet away from each other. Couldn't go to gym, art, music ect. Lunch was eaten in their classroom.

If a kid in the household got sick and had a fever of any kind, every kid in that home had to stay home (happened to us). They were out until a negative covid test from the docs office for every kid in the home or 10 days, whichever was first. My middle kid, who had the fever, went back to school before my youngest because we took her into the doc to make sure she didn't have it. We weren't paying for another doc visit/covid test when our little didn't even have the sniffles.
Yeah, we lived that pain as well.

That sucks. Indiana had a singular plan (at least for public schools) that everyone had to follow. Didn't matter what county, they all had the same rules.
Indiana didn't have a singular plan. I worked in one county and my kids went to a school in another county and we had different rules (they were similar). Now a lot of the schools ended up having very similar plans because most of them ended up following their county health officials who just followed the CDC guidelines.

Edit: I'll add Boogie we might not be disagreeing that much. Indiana definitely set out broad guidelines for public schools, but they allowed for county's to make their own rules as well.

Last edited:
Indiana didn't have a singular plan. I worked in one county and my kids went to a school in another county and we had different rules (they were similar). Now a lot of the schools ended up having very similar plans because most of them ended up following their county health officials who just followed the CDC guidelines.

Edit: I'll add Boogie we might not be disagreeing that much. Indiana definitely set out broad guidelines for public schools, but they allowed for county's to make their own rules as well.

I know that Allen County and Dekalb both followed the same guidelines. When I looked online, the guidelines I found from Indiana followed what we were doing.

Either way, it was horrible on the kids.

There is a lede buried in there which notes that test scores had plateued and were slipping prior to COVID. Social media has to be the cause but social media also kept a lot of people together during the pandemic who otherwise might have been left behind socially.

Social media isn't going anywhere and will only become more ubiquitous. It should be regulated. Heavily. Not from a speech perspective but more along the lines of other age restricted media (movies, pron, etc.).

There is a lede buried in there which notes that test scores had plateued and were slipping prior to COVID. Social media has to be the cause but social media also kept a lot of people together during the pandemic who otherwise might have been left behind socially.

Social media isn't going anywhere and will only become more ubiquitous. It should be regulated. Heavily. Not from a speech perspective but more along the lines of other age restricted media (movies, pron, etc.).

My 9th grader has the Yonder pouches at their school and now some sort of metal detectors.
At some point cant we pump the brakes and ask ourselves why we are going to great lengths protecting ourselves from ourselves?
It is ok to say we missed the turn and we need to circle back.

Reactions: larsIU
My 9th grader has the Yonder pouches at their school and now some sort of metal detectors.
At some point cant we pump the brakes and ask ourselves why we are going to great lengths protecting ourselves from ourselves?
It is ok to say we missed the turn and we need to circle back.
In all of history we’ve rarely taken that step.

Maybe cloning or nuclear weapons. But we’re still researching and implementing both in various ways.

Asbestos I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT