ADVERTISEMENT

Dolson late again. What took so long?

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
Dear Friend of IU Athletics,

What a magical win! In a match-up of two of college basketball’s biggest names, it’s our Indiana Hoosiers’ men’s basketball program that is making national headlines with our victory over North Carolina last night!

We have a chance for a couple more special victories in the next few days. Tonight, the biggest game in women’s college basketball is in Bloomington as Coach Teri Moren’s fifth-ranked Hoosiers welcome No. 6 North Carolina to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall at 6 p.m. Then on Saturday, Coach Todd Yeagley’s IU men’s soccer program looks to earn its 28th trip to the College Cup when it goes on the road to face UNC-Greensboro at 5 p.m.

I know you share my excitement for these big wins and special opportunities. We all want special moments like these, and we want them for all our sports programs. Today, Hoosier fans like yourself have an unbelievable chance to help make that happen by supporting our student-athletes opportunities to capitalize on their Name, Image and Likeness.

An anonymous donor has stepped forward with a pledge to match every dollar – up to $1 million – that is donated to either the Hoosiers For Good or Hoosiers Connect NIL collectives by Dec. 31, 2022. Read more details about this news here. These two organizations impact charities and businesses by pairing them with IU student-athletes through Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) agreements. Both groups’ leadership teams are committed to doing NIL the right way, and I can’t emphasize enough what an opportunity this is! By getting involved you’ll be able to double the impact you make right now!

Hoosiers For Good – Visit Here
Hoosiers Connect – Visit Here

Go IU!
%7Be7859c2b-ebf1-4244-90b5-8c7f5a059b87%7D_Dolsonsignature_copy.jpg
Scott Dolson
Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics

Dear Friend of IU Athletics,

What a magical win! In a match-up of two of college basketball’s biggest names, it’s our Indiana Hoosiers’ men’s basketball program that is making national headlines with our victory over North Carolina last night!

We have a chance for a couple more special victories in the next few days. Tonight, the biggest game in women’s college basketball is in Bloomington as Coach Teri Moren’s fifth-ranked Hoosiers welcome No. 6 North Carolina to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall at 6 p.m. Then on Saturday, Coach Todd Yeagley’s IU men’s soccer program looks to earn its 28th trip to the College Cup when it goes on the road to face UNC-Greensboro at 5 p.m.

I know you share my excitement for these big wins and special opportunities. We all want special moments like these, and we want them for all our sports programs. Today, Hoosier fans like yourself have an unbelievable chance to help make that happen by supporting our student-athletes opportunities to capitalize on their Name, Image and Likeness.

An anonymous donor has stepped forward with a pledge to match every dollar – up to $1 million – that is donated to either the Hoosiers For Good or Hoosiers Connect NIL collectives by Dec. 31, 2022. Read more details about this news here. These two organizations impact charities and businesses by pairing them with IU student-athletes through Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) agreements. Both groups’ leadership teams are committed to doing NIL the right way, and I can’t emphasize enough what an opportunity this is! By getting involved you’ll be able to double the impact you make right now!

Hoosiers For Good – Visit Here
Hoosiers Connect – Visit Here

Go IU!
%7Be7859c2b-ebf1-4244-90b5-8c7f5a059b87%7D_Dolsonsignature_copy.jpg
Scott Dolson
Vice President and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
you said it scott. all of our programs. you might want to concentrate on the one that brings in the most revenue

you said it scott. all of our programs. you might want to concentrate on the one that brings in the most revenue
This donor could have easily given this money to the VC. But the donor is interested in supporting football. Doesn't trust the VC. There is some evidence on social media that a certain donor is not all together seeing eye to eye with the Athletic Dept. Some of their employees are working with HFG to have more control of the money.

Reactions: red hornet and 76-1
This donor could have easily given this money to the VC. But the donor is interested in supporting football. Doesn't trust the VC. There is some evidence on social media that a certain donor is not all together seeing eye to eye with the Athletic Dept. Some of their employees are working with HFG to have more control of the money.
I've not given to the VC for years for just that reason.

Reactions: 76-1 and Tegray1
Who used to run the VC? Such a parochial mindset. Always has been.

Reactions: vesuvius13
so now Joe Fan-Alum is supposed to finance this sht, because the schools themselves and their C-suite execs would rather the earth spin out of orbit around the Sun, than share so much as 1 cent of those tens of millions per yr in media and gate money with the players, that Joe Fan-Alum also 100% finances. (which would mean less for the execs).

the recent leadership of college sports have been a tragic total and complete disaster for college sports.

there is an easy, fair, and just, remedy to this disaster, but that would entail the schools and their athletic depts financing player compensation themselves, which would mean less for the C suite execs/coaches administrators and commissioners, who are already grossly over paid beyond belief.

the current "employer-employee" compensation strategy of the now multi billion dollar college sports industry, is 100% analogous to any multi billion dollar industry, who's corporate entities that comprise said industry, all openly and publicly collude to bar any of said comprising entities paying one cent of the revenues the players generate to the players themselves, and force all those who make up this level of the multi billion dollar industry's work force, into a tips/gratuity esque only compensation plan.

while we could debate the ethics of any tips/gratuity only compensation formula for the most valuable segment of any multi billion dollar industry's work force.

what shouldn't be debatable in the slightest is the separate corporations that together comprise the industry, all openly colluding among themselves to mandate it illegal for any of them to pay for this segment of their own work force out of their own revenues, revenues generated by this player sector of the workforce, and force everyone in this segment of their work force into a tips/gratuity only compensation plan.

those entrusted to lead college sports are obviously totally incapable of policing themselves, and the FTC anti trust division of the govt needs to step in and police/enforce said blatant and obvious monopolistic violations of anti trust laws, especially when said exemptions, which were originally allowed under the auspices of the best interests of "amateur" sports, are now being used strictly to financially benefit the few top execs who are making said rules to benefit themselves, and no longer the sports themselves, at the expense of the players.

i'm all for the players getting some compensation beyond just what the grant in aid allows, and have lobbied for such on this board for decades.

but this not only isn't how it should be done, and is literally highly detrimental to the competitive future of college sports, but blatantly illegal, and the reasons for exempting it's illegality, are totally absent from said colluded universal tips/gratuity only mandates noted herein.

Last edited:
People financing the NIL’s will quickly decline. More money won’t flow in. It’ll either go to the VC as usual or NIL.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I wonder what Dolt-son is going to write after last night’s historic beat-down of his other experimental project: IU Men’s Basketball?

I’m sure he can wordsmith something along the lines of “despite injuries, we remain never daunted and in the battle we are tried and true in our efforts.”

I wonder what Dolt-son is going to write after last night’s historic beat-down of his other experimental project: IU Men’s Basketball?

I’m sure he can wordsmith something along the lines of “despite injuries, we remain never daunted and in the battle we are tried and true in our efforts.”
Yes he should shoulder his responsibilities and immediately heal X and Race. Do your job SD.

Don't see the point of donating squat, unless wins were part of the equation? If it were me in charge, I'd gut the whole "IU way". Too many in charge who know absolutely nothing about today's landscape of being competitive/relevant. Make IU great again and demand excellence!

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT