ADVERTISEMENT

Does it matter if Iowa or Ohio St wins tonight for IU bid to NCAA tournament

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Was wandering if it mattered who won between these two tonight for IU’s chances for big dance. I still think it takes 20 wins to get in. 3 more wins

I think rooting for Iowa makes more sense. We’re closer to OSU in the standings so finishing above them would look better.
I think IU is a lock with three more wins no matter what happens in the rest of the conference. I think two more wins, especially if one is Penn State, they're probably in. A win in the BTT cements it in the second case. I say win the rest and the BTT and get a high seed. We can always hope. ;)

on the first one, the defender pushed him (albeit, not very hard) upper body near his face, right as he slipped. Bad timing for the Minny player, probably didn't cause the slip but got called.

Second one, couldn't see clearly as they didn't run enough replays and I couldn't zoom it, but it looked like Al might have snagged his foot on the Minny player's foot and tripped. There was no contact initiated by the Minny player. Again, minor incidental contact (at best) at the wrong time for Minnesota.

And what is with the NBA's continuation rule now seeping into NCAA ball? Saw it with Garza, Oturu, and many other examples. I guess I'm old, but I do not want to see that crap in college ball. Next thing you know they'll implement illegal defense and 3-to-make-2 free throws (let's see how many remember that one?).

Reactions: MrBing
on the first one, the defender pushed him (albeit, not very hard) upper body near his face, right as he slipped. Bad timing for the Minny player, probably didn't cause the slip but got called.

Second one, couldn't see clearly as they didn't run enough replays and I couldn't zoom it, but it looked like Al might have snagged his foot on the Minny player's foot and tripped. There was no contact initiated by the Minny player. Again, minor incidental contact (at best) at the wrong time for Minnesota.

And what is with the NBA's continuation rule now seeping into NCAA ball? Saw it with Garza, Oturu, and many other examples. I guess I'm old, but I do not want to see that crap in college ball. Next thing you know they'll implement illegal defense and 3-to-make-2 free throws (let's see how many remember that one?).
You might have put this on the wrong thread. Having said that I thought exactly as you did.

Reactions: mike41703

A defender must give some space for an offensive player. If any contact happens whether intended or not and causes the player to fall it’s a foul. He invaded Durham’s space and he tripped on his foot. It’s a foul. Period.

i did...not sure how that happened. Went to the thread later and wondered why I didn't see my post. Typing too fast ....

It looked to me that Al initiated contact and then fell down on the 1st drive, and tripped over his own feet on the second. I've got it taped so I'll try to take a second look......

I went to the GopherHole message board to see if they were talking about it.....the only thing they're talking about is getting a new coach.

It looked to me that Al initiated contact and then fell down on the 1st drive, and tripped over his own feet on the second. I've got it taped so I'll try to take a second look......

I went to the GopherHole message board to see if they were talking about it.....the only thing they're talking about is getting a new coach.
"The GopherHole" ? wow.

Better than the Glory Hole....sorry, is that too indecent??

LOL. What a life coaches have.

Reactions: hondo314
I think it does, the B10 is deep, but if it's a close call b/w us and OSU again, they'd probably go OSU, just from being ranked so high early on and more consistency. It'd be lot's better if IOWA won

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT