ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know why road tickets aren't available to buy on IU's website?

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
The button for away game tickets on the website has been grayed out every time I've checked it, and I was hoping to get a ticket to the Cincinnati game from the school's allotment if it isn't already sold, because second-hand market prices started off steep and are only getting steeper. The cheapest tickets on StubHub have risen up over $100 each now. I mean, IU's might not be any cheaper or already be sold, but I'd at least like to be able to check.

The button for away game tickets on the website has been grayed out every time I've checked it, and I was hoping to get a ticket to the Cincinnati game from the school's allotment if it isn't already sold, because second-hand market prices started off steep and are only getting steeper. The cheapest tickets on StubHub have risen up over $100 each now. I mean, IU's might not be any cheaper or already be sold, but I'd at least like to be able to check.
There was a time period when away game tickets were available through IU. Once the deadline passed any unsold tickets were returned to the home school. Pretty sure that’s how it works at IU as well.

Reactions: Chriselli
Always better to buy them from outher sources to get decent seats.
This*. I pay less and sit in better seats purchasing aftermarket in B1G stadiums. For most non-conference games against lesser competition, the best bet is through their box office. Either way, you can usually move over to the Indiana section if we're having a particularly good game and you want to celebrate with other Hoosier fans.

Got 50 yard line seats for the Cincy game from Vividseats. Their high up but still lower than my 50th row seats at Memorial Stadium. Price was reasonable also. Just hope my Hoosiers can extract some revenge for lasts years debacle.

Got 50 yard line seats for the Cincy game from Vividseats. Their high up but still lower than my 50th row seats at Memorial Stadium. Price was reasonable also. Just hope my Hoosiers can extract some revenge for lasts years debacle.
The re-do of that stadium makes it a good place to see a game. You’ll love your seats, though you’ll likely be surrounded by Bearcats.

This*. I pay less and sit in better seats purchasing aftermarket in B1G stadiums. For most non-conference games against lesser competition, the best bet is through their box office. Either way, you can usually move over to the Indiana section if we're having a particularly good game and you want to celebrate with other Hoosier fans.
Visiting sections are usually pretty bad. The secondary market is the way to go. Sometimes you pay more, sometimes less.

Those are excellent seats

There was a time period when away game tickets were available through IU. Once the deadline passed any unsold tickets were returned to the home school. Pretty sure that’s how it works at IU as well.
While it was only recently announced as a sellout, tickets haven’t been available on UC’s site for weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT