ADVERTISEMENT

Does anybody know why Justin Smith isn't getting many minutes of late?

Fighting an injury? Maybe a transfer candidate?
He's a freshman. However, considering the other options on this team, wouldn't hurt to bring him along a little more. This team needs offense bad, and he has some offensive skill.

I think at some point Archie will write the season off and the young players will be getting the minutes taken by some seniors and transfers. It will be ugly for this team in Big Ten play on the road. 20 point losses may be frequent on the road.

He's a freshman. However, considering the other options on this team, wouldn't hurt to bring him along a little more. This team needs offense bad, and he has some offensive skill.

He has some skill around the basket, but he doesn't appear to have much of an outside shot, and at 6'6" he's too passive to finish effectively around the room. He appears to have been an over-rated recruit.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I just watched his tape on the commitments page. Sure did not look like a highlight page to me. He never put a body on anybody and did not demonstrate any aspect of a physical game.
Reminded me a bit of Max Hoetzel

He is struggling against better competition. Forced 2 plays that weren't there tonight. Not strong enough to finish against big guys.

I just watched his tape on the commitments page. Sure did not look like a highlight page to me. He never put a body on anybody and did not demonstrate any aspect of a physical game.
Reminded me a bit of Max Hoetzel

Right, I see why McRoberts gets a few minutes each half for energy, but his lack of being a scoring threat is detrimental at times. I thought Smith showed flashes offensively early in this season.

I think at some point Archie will write the season off and the young players will be getting the minutes taken by some seniors and transfers. It will be ugly for this team in Big Ten play on the road. 20 point losses may be frequent on the road.

This is an option...one I hope is taken seriously. Play the kids with a year or more left in the program. Build.

The fact he is not earning more minutes is disappointing thus far. Whatever his deficiencies are, I hope he works hard this summer.

Reactions: IUgradman
At first thought. I thought it was a good idea for Archie to work to keep this class .On second thought.
We'd been better off with three Junior college players.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT